Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

That ten game run

I really don''t want to be over negative but like most fans i am now genuinely worried about how this season will end.

I am just wondering what people''s opinion is on how we were able to go on such a great run and what is missing now?

Surely it can''t just be Ruddy?!?

More importantly, what can we do to get that magic back for the remaining games??

I think Ruddy was one of the reasons, a real rock at the back.   Bunn did a good job too.   An element of luck was there as well as good play.  Momentum and confidence on top of the Arsenal result too.  The dividing lines between success and failure are quite small at times.  Wigan had one clear chance and they took it.  I think Ruddy would have saved it.   As I say the dividing lines are very small.To do well you need your best players on the pitch playing at the peak of their ability.  At the moment we don''t have that and it shows in the results.  Seven more games to find the right mix and pick up a few points.   Hope Ruddy is back soon - and at his best. it could make all the difference.

Ruddy and the spine of the defence was crucial, also we were very lucky to be honest, that run has bought us time but old Father Time has a habit of creeping up on you, at the moment, and really since Christmas, we have not been good enough to stay up !

You make your own luck and by and large over a season it evens itself out. In the 10 match run we were fortunate on occassions in some games since we have been unfortunate. I slice of good fortune like the Everton game would not go amiss

If Holt had scored the penalty, we didn''t have such an omnishambolic ref against Sunderland & Camp had been a bit stronger in the wrists today, we''d be on a pretty good run (& 5 points better off).

The margins between success & failure are exceeding fine.