Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

Once we are secure, then the fun will start

Let me start off by saying that I have absolutely no doubt that we will stay up.

Having said that, the manager expects the team he puts on the field of play to perform! His hands are tied due to the weakness of the squad. Nobody likes to be embarrassed and that includes CH. So, do not be surprised that those who have "let the side down" will themselves be let down - and do not be surprised if those that he cancels out have "limited opportunities" to play in the PL again!

I suspect following today''s display, there will be widespread changes - no more "comfy" certainties!

there wont be ANY changes, he will do the same thing hes done all season

the only change you might see will be tettey backand he will continue to play chicken 5h1t cowardly tacticslambert gave average players confidence, hughton doesnt have or give them that belief, and that lack of confidence is clear to see on the pitch

[quote user="technika"]there wont be ANY changes, he will do the same thing hes done all season

the only change you might see will be tettey back

and he will continue to play chicken 5h1t cowardly tactics

lambert gave average players confidence, hughton doesnt have or give them that belief, and that lack of confidence is clear to see on the pitch
[/quote]

From that statement it is clear you have no idea about football tactics.

We have a championship outfit that has been found lacking and always would. It is not CH tactics that is the problem - it is the players!

We did play with a passion and an enthusiasm that disguised our real ability last season, unfortunately for whatever reason we have not reproduced it this year.

rat - are you as big a retard in real life as you are on here ???

this squad is pretty much the same, and arguably stronger than the "championship" squad we had last season, that were the 7th highest scores in the table, and finished 12th the players are good enough, and i can guarantee you if we go down then at least 6 of them will be cherry picked by premier league clubs.

Hughton is the only one to blame, hes the only change and hes responsible for the current position.

city DONT SCORE GOALS ANYMORE!!!! its down to hughton and his coaches. simples

[quote user="NorwichRat"]It is not CH tactics that is the problem - it is the players![/quote]

sorry but i need to quote this is as its the funniest 5h1te ive read on here

Technika - have to say I agree with you 100%. Hughton has put his stamp on the team with he tactics and the players are not buying into it.

Under PL the team played out of their skins and went into every game with a set up to win whereas under Hughton it''s a case of not getting beat.

If people think we''re going to win a lot of our remaining games look at the form guide for the last 14 games.

We should be sponsored by Dulux now as that seems to sum up how we play!

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Technika - have to say I agree with you 100%. Hughton has put his stamp on the team with he tactics and the players are not buying into it. Under PL the team played out of their skins and went into every game with a set up to win whereas under Hughton it''s a case of not getting beat. If people think we''re going to win a lot of our remaining games look at the form guide for the last 14 games. We should be sponsored by Dulux now as that seems to sum up how we play![/quote]

Precisely - hence my original comment that there would not be many players left:

".... the manager expects the team he puts on the field of play to perform! His hands are tied due to the weakness of the squad. Nobody likes to be embarrassed and that includes CH. So, do not be surprised that those who have "let the side down" will themselves be let down - and do not be surprised if those that he cancels out have "limited opportunities" to play in the PL again!"

As you said, some of the players have not bought into CH''s tactics and therefore are not playing the team game according to CH - they want to play it according to PL! They need to recognise that PL has gone, departed, left, vamoosed, cleared off.......... and guess what, he didn''t take any of his player acolytes with him!!!! Maybe they need to wake up and smell the roses and realise that if they want a future with NCFC they had better buy into the CURRENT managers thinking!

The players are being straightjacketed ,especially away from home, by Hughtons restrictive,negative tactics.

can anyone really believe that the players would want to play this way were it their choice? Snodgrass after the Man Utd away game bemoaned the fact that the players weren''t allowed to have a go at them how would he feel after that today?

The fact is that the only game we''ve won in the last 14 was the Everton match when the players took it upon themselves to go for the win in injury time after we equalized when Hughton admitted after the game he''d have been happy with the draw.

This is anti-football and it pains me to say that if I were a neutral I''d be saying the the Premier League would be better off without teams like us. 

I''d Like Technika to offer his view on how many of the current squad would even make the bench at other Premiership clubs.Lets look at the squad individuallyRuddy - premiership/international classRuss Martin - Good enoughGarrido - Good enoughBassong- Good enoughTurner Good enough.Whittaker - back up, but solid enough in the role.Elliot bennet - shoudl wake up every morning and thank god he is a premiership footballer.. he looks like a rabbit in headlights!Elliot bennet - CrapHowson - found wanting too many times and been given enough chances at this level - move him on!Surman - see above.Johnson - an average player who sometimes steps up, not helped by the fact his midfield partner is usually someone playing out of their depth.Tettey - good enoughPilkington - Good enoughFox - an odd one, I feel he could do a job for us.. look at results last season when he played compared to results when he didnt.. there isn''t a better passer at the club in a midfield that so often gives the ball away. DAvid could be the answer.Snodgrass- good enoughPilks - shows fits and spurts but needs to find consistency, wouldnt surprise me to see him benched next season if we get someone else in.Wes- Luxury player, certain games are "hoolahan games" where he will probe, pass and look dangerous. other times he might as well not be on the pitch! keep him.. but for the games he wont make an impact leave him at home.Holt - the star has waned... thank you and good byeBecchio - looking lost at this level already, dont think he has even had a shot for us yet... sadly another out of his depthKamara - good enough.

Hughton needs time to sort this mess out.. the team arent good enough.. the last 10 games under Lambert proved it and this season shows it too.give it 12 months then see where we are... most of you will be happy i''m sure.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I''d Like Technika to offer his view on how many of the current squad would even make the bench at other Premiership clubs.Lets look at the squad individuallyRuddy - premiership/international classRuss Martin - Good enoughGarrido - Good enoughBassong- Good enoughTurner Good enough.Whittaker - back up, but solid enough in the role.Elliot bennet - shoudl wake up every morning and thank god he is a premiership footballer.. he looks like a rabbit in headlights!Elliot bennet - CrapHowson - found wanting too many times and been given enough chances at this level - move him on!Surman - see above.Johnson - an average player who sometimes steps up, not helped by the fact his midfield partner is usually someone playing out of their depth.Tettey - good enoughPilkington - Good enoughFox - an odd one, I feel he could do a job for us.. look at results last season when he played compared to results when he didnt.. there isn''t a better passer at the club in a midfield that so often gives the ball away. DAvid could be the answer.Snodgrass- good enoughPilks - shows fits and spurts but needs to find consistency, wouldnt surprise me to see him benched next season if we get someone else in.Wes- Luxury player, certain games are "hoolahan games" where he will probe, pass and look dangerous. other times he might as well not be on the pitch! keep him.. but for the games he wont make an impact leave him at home.Holt - the star has waned... thank you and good byeBecchio - looking lost at this level already, dont think he has even had a shot for us yet... sadly another out of his depthKamara - good enough.

Hughton needs time to sort this mess out.. the team arent good enough.. the last 10 games under Lambert proved it and this season shows it too.give it 12 months then see where we are... most of you will be happy i''m sure.

[/quote]should have said Ryan Bennett for Rabbit in headlights.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

The players are being straightjacketed ,especially away from home, by Hughtons restrictive,negative tactics.

can anyone really believe that the players would want to play this way were it their choice? Snodgrass after the Man Utd away game bemoaned the fact that the players weren''t allowed to have a go at them how would he feel after that today?

The fact is that the only game we''ve won in the last 14 was the Everton match when the players took it upon themselves to go for the win in injury time after we equalized when Hughton admitted after the game he''d have been happy with the draw.

This is anti-football and it pains me to say that if I were a neutral I''d be saying the the Premier League would be better off without teams like us. 

[/quote]

This!!,

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I''d Like Technika to offer his view on how many of the current squad would even make the bench at other Premiership clubs.

[/quote]ruddy, r.martin, pilkington, johnson, bassong, snodgrass and possibly even the tyre fitter will be targeted by the lower half table and newly promoted teams should city be relegated. players with 2 seasons (and more in some cases) of premier league experience are invaluable, and players who have shown they can play at this level, all capable of being first team or rotation players in any team from about 7th downwards, many of you seem to have forgotten how good some of these players were at times last season, theyve shown it in small glimpses this time round, mainly due to the way they are being sent out to play.

Under that scenario the players most likely to leave would be Pilkington and Ruddy. I suspect both Snodgrass and Bassong might also be subject to offers. I also suspect that the existing management team would be less vulnerable to offers.