Sign in to follow this  
chub

Holding midfielders

I think CH is going to have to go with one holding midfielder, so we can play two up top and play Wes just behind, we need more pressure on the opponents back four!! KK and GH up top!!

Grant holt is rightly on the bench at the moment, if you play two up top it has to be kk and becchio. Becchio is a natural finisher and has been scoring for fun this season. He must be ready for those few chances to come his way.

I don''t think we can play the diamond to much success with the players we have.

Bunn

Martin turner bassong garrido

Whittaker tettey Johnson

Kk becchio snoddy/ hoolahan

It is a different line up with kk and the wide left player having to drop back to defend but I do think going forward with kk and hoolahan in a more advanced position we can hit a team.

I think Whittaker and becchio have got a case to go to hughton and say lets have a chance.

But let me say defensively we are looking great, with all the changes to personnel we are very tough to break down. Wigan really struggled apart from two clear cut chances with a block on the line and a block 8 yards out from turner.

But I do feel that the bite has gone tettey is and was that answer lets get him fit and ready. Whittaker is class and needs to be involved. Every attack came down our right and a lot of goals have been conceded from runs down martins side this season. Yes garrido was done for a pace a bit in the second half, but that is because he never stopped working. Unlike a few posters here I would say he was a lot more forward that Martin as snoddy moved deeper to collect the ball etc.

Definitely want to see Whittaker brought in as much as I love Russ. Whittaker offers a lot going forward as well as being good at the back. He bagged that important first goal at Swansea and hopefully he will have another stormer against them at home

I do like Whittaker, and thinking about it Becchio would be a better finisher than Holt, I think a lot of teams have found Holt out, every time I have seen Whittaker play he has looked to go forward so hopefully CH will change things for Saturdays game!!

We go one holding midfielder or a 442 and we concede goals - its happened repeatedly this season.

The def mid were poor yesterday - pass success rate again below 75% is shocking - as a partnership bj hwson simply is not effective at this level - it did not work last year and has not worked this year - why do we persist with it? Thank goodness tettey is fit again.

A lack of def midfield effectiveness - either in breaking up play or as a platform for building attacks hinders us, it means wehn we do get the ball wide there is increased pressure to be accurate - as we simply dont know when it will go wide again.

We simply do not have the depth of squad to play through injuries, suspensions and loss of form. Camp, Howson & Bennett are simply not good enough replacements - two first teamers back next week things will be a lot better.

The one player who kept possession (Wes) was subbed - as our attacking hub it was a madness decision when wanting to win the game.