Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Kei Kamara

If we had to decide tonight (in reality, we have another 5 games) whether to give him a permanent contract or not, what would you do? Has he impressed you enough so far?

I would, yet again today he put in a lot of effort and showed a lot of skill and ability that when partnered with a midfield that isn''t incompetent he can really shine.

nopenot good enoughhes started twice now, did ok against sunderland, very poor today (but in all fairness they didnt give him much to work with)he works hard but hes just a another carthorsealong with wolswinkle, bechhio, holt and hopefully another quality signing, dont see the need for himid have him on loan next season for back up but not good to shell out a transfer fee

I think he works really hard and to be honest its a big step up from the US League..most people were saying he would be rubbish before he came here...instead he has shown some promise..

The trouble is not ONE of our forwards stands much of a chance when the service they get is pretty dismal. Becchio has not produced much..I thought he would be better..but again..they are all feeding off scraps. KK is certainly worth a punt of a contract...

The way I see it it is not so much who we put up front its about the overall tactics and bar putting Messi up top I think most other players would struggle to get a glut of goals with the current defensive set up - our goal difference is awful. There will need to be some tactical re-think if we are going to progress, the risk is we are making good forwards look poor and killing their confidence.

[Y] Without a shadow of a doubt. Blistering first cameo aside, I think he''s looked better with each game. Really like his decision making. Seems pretty good on the deck, excellent in the air, searing pace and good hold-up play ...from what little circumstances have asllowed, what''s not to like?SIGN HIM UP!

Nobody can be judged on today''s showing - we were awful. Kei was one of the few I thought put in a decent shift.

But, as a striker, you''ve got to hit the target, and from the chances he had we didn''t get a single shot in on goal.

That said, with no service, it''s never easy. Just shows that Holt hasn''t done so bad this season afterall.

If we play like we did today, anyone could look shit. We could have made RVP look shit if we stuck him up front today...

Some of the runs he made today were top class. He pulled defenders as well as won every header that became his way.

We just had no quality behind him to make use of his good work. Snodgrass in particular had great opportunities to put him through, but fluffed it through either poor decision making, or a poor pass.

So, to answer your question, yes. He''s not the messiah, but he offers something else, and should be kept.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Better than Holt on current form. Better than Becchio from what I''ve seen. All our other strikers are out on loan.[/quote]

Better than Holt on current form - who isn''t?

Harsh on Becchio, he hasn''t really had much of a chance

and what about SJ?

I thought it was his best game for us today when he was on the pitch. I was angered when he came off as he was the biggest threat on the pitch and even more so when they scored 30 seconds after he came off when we should of been going for the win.

Hughton has a very good eye for a player just not the ability to know how to play them to win

You need a sizeable squad in the top flight. He offers more than Becchio,  and Jackson and Chris Martin who both will probably leave!

While I hope we sign better players Kamara in my opinion has done enough to warrant keeping next season!

Willo I would agree.

With rvw another striker needed and becchio on a long term contract then he would be 3rd or 4th choice. That is if holty goes.

We need quality as proven over the season and since his arrival. He is doing very well but we need proven ability in the final third so when those limited chances arrive we do not waste them.

He almost had a one on one but with great defending Wigan snuck the ball away, he had a header on target first half when bassong was better placed and in the second half he had that chance. The header he flashed wide was the best chance he had and he should have put. It on target being only 6-8 yards out.

But an interesting one to consider in the summer. He has to prove he can earn that contract, he is doing well. But we need to see that he can offer clinical skills.

Great points Smooth I did not elaborate as I have done on previous thread, but we need to have 2/3 forward with the ability to score8/10 prem goals. I''m not convinced Kamara is that man, would love to be proved wrong as I like the attributes he brings to the club, in terms of team spirit, etc.

The purchase of forward players in the summer is critical, to get the balance right as if we go with 1 they have to be patient and positive when not playing and also we need within the 4 the ability to develop a partnership if we go 442, as I do not seeing Wes fitting in as much next season.

The same for midfield, Johnson, Tettey, Howson solid but not enough creativity and pace to provide the platform for us to attack.

yup - I would keep him - and think he will continue to improve.

He has suffered the same shocking service as Grant but has offered more in both 442 and as a lone striker when on the pitch. Better movement and aerial threat than any other striker this season.

When he went off yesterday we lost all attacking threat, whether lone or with two strikers.

He is currently our form striker - why would we keep others ahead of him?

[quote user="kingsway"]

You need a sizeable squad in the top flight. He offers more than Becchio,  and Jackson and Chris Martin who both will probably leave!

While I hope we sign better players Kamara in my opinion has done enough to warrant keeping next season!

[/quote]...and Holt!

I''d sign him up. He''s a character, he''s been there to help create and he''s worked exceptionally well to get on the end of things. His performance against Sunderland was great, he is clearly getting along with the squad. I think the question should be, why wouldn''t we want to sign him?