Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Now wee in a relegation scrap...

With the next few games and just a mere 4 points above the drop zone, does anybody think we will survive? I''m not sure myself...

And don''t BS and say its all fine. Because its not. I hate to say it as I have been a big supporter of Hughton even at the worst of times but 7 points in 7 games is dreadful

Not looking good.

Well, 7 points in 7 games across an entire season is 38 points, which is usually enough to survive. So it''s not all a disaster.

Don''t BS and say its all fine? So you don''t want anyone with a positive opinion? Might as well not bothered with this thread...

Reading and qpr are as good as done. With sunderlands run in and them being 3pts behind us, do you really see sderland getting 3more pts than us??

Another one of those games we should have won. Wigan we''re there for the taking mid way through the 2nd half & we let them off the hook.Once again subs brought on far too late. Worried

I have been lambasted by so many on here regarding criticsm of Mr Hughton and the tactics he employs! It is now so interesting to see so many of those criticising suddenly realising that a side who cannot score goals against the poorest sides, who cannot win at home, yet lone away are suddenly in trouble. We are a poor side, only 7 points from the last 2?1 available - that is, quite simply, relegation form, and thar 3rd from bottom place is looming. Should we fail at home again next week, and Arsenal following, we are proverbially in the shite.

It''s neither optimistic nor pessimistic to state the fact that we are in a relegation fight. It is simply stating a fact.

Whether we believe that we will survive or not is the moot point.

Having just watched another scrappy, tedious and negative game in which we have lost due an awful goalkeeping error I personally am worried that we don''t know how to win.

We need more of the Sunderland spirit and a plan B when things go wrong.

I said we were after the Southapmton game, but all you''re green and yellow tinted glasses were out in full swing

No matter what happens this weekend, we''ll still be 4 points clear of the bottom three. This doesn''t worry me, I would''ve taken 4 points above the relegation zone at the start of the season. What worries me (and I assume most ''normal'' fans) is that if we don''t beat Swansea it could be 1 point and then we have Arsenal away... 
We could be in the relegation zone with 5 games left to play, and one of those games is Man City away. What it comes down to is the response, we have to respond positively and hope that our good form against Swansea (5 wins in the past 6 games) continues, if we beat Swansea, then we can go to Arsenal knowing that nothing will see us in the bottom three, and hopeful of picking up points in the next home game (Reading).
It all depends on the Swansea game. 

With the next few games and just a mere 4 points above the drop zone, does anybody think we will survive? I''m not sure myself... And don''t BS and say its all fine. Because its not. I hate to say it as I have been a big supporter of Hughton even at the worst of times but 7 points in 7 games is dreadful Not looking good.

You''ve changed your tune...

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2889494/ShowPost.aspx

If'' Paul Lambert can say Villa are ''fine'' when in the bottom 3 (as he did before the wins against QPR & Reading) then we MUST be more than ''fine''

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Don''t BS and say its all fine? So you don''t want anyone with a positive opinion? Might as well not bothered with this thread...[/quote]

dont bother with any threads you wont be missed

Indeed wazzock, I was confident we could win against Wigsn, but boy was I wrong...

Deluded is the word I would use.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

If fortune favours the brave then relegation favours the timid.

We are in big trouble now.

[/quote]

Exactly right. We''re not good enough. We''re on the cusp of championship football again.

Hughton should have had us safe weeks ago. There was no need for us to be playing negative football. Now there is huge pressure on every game and I think we''re going to crack.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

If fortune favours the brave then relegation favours the timid.

We are in big trouble now.

[/quote] Exactly right. We''re not good enough. We''re on the cusp of championship football again. Hughton should have had us safe weeks ago. There was no need for us to be playing negative football. Now there is huge pressure on every game and I think we''re going to crack.[/quote]

Spot on IMO

[quote user="York Canary"]If'' Paul Lambert can say Villa are ''fine'' when in the bottom 3 (as he did before the wins against QPR & Reading) then we MUST be more than ''fine''[/quote]

Or.. he was wrong.

Look. We are close to the bottom 3, this is very true. And we are more likely to go down after today than before it. But the table doesn''t lie - 7 teams are "at least as bad" as us, and after tonight we''ll see if Stoke make that 8 teams. For use to stay up, we need for 4 teams currently below us to get 4 more points than we do in the last games. QPR and Reading are, in all probability, not going to make up a further 7 points on top of that. The situation is not exactly rosey, nor is it absolutely dire. I worry about our goalscoring ability, but with desperation often comes risk taking that helps you out of the mire. Many teams are in the same position as us, and like every year in this league, some will go on a run and some will sink. For every Wigan there''s a Sunderland... So let''s just wait and see, our destiny is not just in our hands, but the odds are not against us just yet.

Give it a rest pantwetters, we are dead on target for 43 points.Nothing to worry about.

It amuses me that anyone suggesting a loss against Wigan was a possibility and/or that we might be in relegation scrap was labelled a pant wetter, showing no ambition and defeatist etc.

Roll on 5pm Saturday its now everyone''s opinion we are going to get relegated and couldn''t buy a win and anyone who disagrees with that is now deluded.

I still think there are 3 worse teams than us, but our team and management need to step up and get us over the finish line safely.

Hackedoff wrote the following post at 2013-03-30 9:09 PM:

The only good thing to come out of this are villa are in the relegation zone

Really, what is good about that? We have thirty four points, villa have 30 with a home game to play tomorrow knowing a win puts them in with a very good chance of staying up. We have won once in FIFTEEN games - I would not mock Villa at all until we have proved our own abilities at this current time. The match stats over the last 15 games do not lie.

[quote user="ricardo"]Give it a rest pantwetters, we are dead on target for 43 points.

Nothing to worry about.
[/quote]

Which games do you see us getting the 9 points from Ricardo ?

I hate to sound negative but we are in a relegation scrap now and the Swansea game becomes a must win game where we have to set out the team to win.

I agree Monty. Sadly the reality of life in the Premiership is that if you''re not going for Europe, you''re banking on 3 teams being worse than you, and your aim is simply to survive. It''s actually not a lot of fun.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Hackedoff wrote the following post at 2013-03-30 9:09 PM:

The only good thing to come out of this are villa are in the relegation zone

Really, what is good about that? We have thirty four points, villa have 30 with a home game to play tomorrow knowing a win puts them in with a very good chance of staying up. We have won once in FIFTEEN games - I would not mock Villa at all until we have proved our own abilities at this current time. The match stats over the last 15 games do not lie.[/quote]

Why are stats over the last 15 games more relevant than those over the whole season, where we have more points than Villa? I don''t find recent "form" to be a very good indicator of future performance, it''s all a bit of a myth. Anything could happen from now on, there will be surprise result for everyone, and our current position makes it more likely we will stay up than go down.

[quote user="ricardo"]Give it a rest pantwetters, we are dead on target for 43 points.

Nothing to worry about.
[/quote]