Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Sunderland Sack O'Niel

Official

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21985808

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]And if McNally had a proper set of balls............????[/quote]he wouldnt sack a manager 2 points off 10th place....

Wow, suicide or desperate gamble that new manager feel good factor will pull them over the line.

Personally that''s Sunderland relegated, can''t imagine who is going to come in and drag them forward with 7 games left.

Wouldn''t be surprised if O''Neil jumped before expecting the push.

Villa were banking on Martin O''Neill keeping them in the Premier League again albeit this time by taking Sunderland down. Shame, they looked a vastly different team today to the one that we were robbed of beating recently, maybe the break did them good, maybe it was just a case of up for the big games, but a few more played like todays might have seen them safe. Can''t see them playing any better so nothing to gain and everything to lose imo.Oh and I just read in my Daily Mail that the Sunderland owner/chairman is a foreign johnny, who''d have thought it?

I just think it''s a surprise. They lost by a single goal to Utd today, and didn''t play that badly. They''ve got some really tough games coming up, just doesn''t make sense to sack him, unless they''ve got someone amazing coming in... (Which I doubt!)

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]And if McNally had a proper set of balls............????[/quote]

Interesting...

Doncaster failed to back or sack Worthy and McNally failed to back or sack Hughton. Nevermind Highland''s 1995 are you saying this is history repeating itself??

Regardless of tonight''s sacking, and putting aside our own shortcomings, their run-in is very tough, and IMO offers us a degree of comfort. Yes we need a few more points which I think we''ll get. Wigan and Villa I can see getting out. I genuinely fear for Sunderland

I agree.

At this stage of the season momentum is important. Sunderland and slightly less so, Newcastle have negative momentum and are losing too easily.

Before anyone says the same about us, we may have only won one in fifteen but we haven''t lost that many unlike the north eastern teams.

Now we will (probably) get to see theory being practiced.

Two teams horribly out of form (9 points from 10 games) separated by a point in the table. One team sacks there manager the other (probably) sticks by there''s. So Sunderland and Norwich will show us whether it''s beneficial to sack your manager or not.

Only time will tell us what the future holds.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]And if McNally had a proper set of balls............????[/quote]

he wouldnt sack a manager 2 points off 10th place....
[/quote]

lol

[quote user="The Walking Man "] One team sacks there manager the other (probably) sticks by there''s. So Sunderland and Norwich will show us whether it''s beneficial to sack your manager or not.

Only time will tell us what the future holds.[/quote]Firstly expectations are wildly different between the two clubs.  Second, this is not an exact science, what is good for one club at a certain moment in time is not necessarily good for another.

Sunderland have a decent attacking pack but are defensively poor.   Add in unmotivated and you can see why they are where they are.

MON looked a forlown figure and is now past his managerial best,  villa and sunderland have shown that,  and its not for a lack of funds. def not a manager to bring in.

O'' Neill''s heart hasn''t looked in it for a long time, so this is not entirely unexpected.

Sunderland''s ambitions and expectations are different to ours - at least for the moment - so any accusations that McNally hasn''t any balls are missing the point.

Hughton''s brief was to keep Norwich up. End of. That should still happen. The club is in transition and once Hughton has his side for next season, then he won''t have any excuses.

Personally, if he dishes up more of the same next season I''d want him out, but I''d expect a more attacking line up for 2013/14. It has to be.

Spot on Basil. If the manager and team carries on in this fashion, with a summer of buying and selling, then everyone will be demanding change.