Sign in to follow this  
BOO

Camp lets City DOWN

Very poor effort to save the goal. WTF is going on, we have :Dec out on loan who is a far better keeper than Camp and Jed on the bench who again is a Norfolk boy who has done good for us in the past

Yes we should be worried about lack of clear cut chances, but if we are basing our survival on defence we should have quality keepers.

The strange thing is that we do but Hoooooton has let the out!!

I think Ant would have let it in, not so sure about Dec...

Seriously though, Hughton bought in Camp not to play him but to allow Rudd and Steer to go on loan. Those two sitting on the bench week in week out and playing ONE game will do nothing to improve them as players. That is the bigger picture.

Yep agree Declan would have made that save, so why is he not with the squad, and we are bringing in sub standard keepers. Poor management decisions

I don''t like you Vanwink, you have a sniff of being really new. I don''t you think you know much about NCFC, and it shows with this ridiculous batch of first posts. Your avatar also lends to me not liking you because it reminds me of someone else that wasn''t as likable. You''ve got fair hearing, I assume?

[quote user="Vanwink"]Yep agree Declan would have made that save, so why is he not with the squad, and we are bringing in sub standard keepers. Poor management decisions[/quote]Yeah like that amazing save he made against a Luton player. Oh no wait he conceded near post to a non-league player.

Be worried about the fortunes of the team, and discuss the pressing issue of a relegation fight rather than picking on fellow posters Stig. is it me you don''t like or the fact that I am touching a nerve?

Dec is Yellow and Green Prozac, resist the desire to put one of your own down. He has put in some great performances for us and your post says more about you than about him.

Maybe an attempt to overlook the real challenge that we now face!

[quote user="Vanwink"]Dec is Yellow and Green Prozac, resist the desire to put one of your own down. He has put in some great performances for us and your post says more about you than about him.

Maybe an attempt to overlook the real challenge that we now face![/quote]I''m also a Norwich fan but it doesn''t mean I''d put in a better performance than Camp. Today wasn''t down to Camp, yes he should''ve saved it but Snoddy should''ve reacted quicker several times in the final third to create chances and Hughton should''ve made choices to change formation/players earlier.And anyway I''m not turning on Rudd anymore than you are turning on Camp after one performance.

All I am saying is that Dec would have saved that and I suspect you agree, so why was he not in goal today when we most needed him. We have one of the most successful keeper academies in the League so why are we not giving our guys the chance?

My immediate thought was good job he''s only in gor one match, yes we lacked attacking options yesterday but Camp was at fault. he was out of position, what ever happened to narrowing down the angles if Camp had been closer to the damn post he would have probably cought the ball, Keepers in my day went out to the attacking players, at that angle it would have worked in the keepers favour.   

Very poor positioning Pete, we needed to scrape the draw but to be fair didn t deserve it.

[quote user="Vanwink"]So do you think Dec would have let that in?[/quote]

This must go down on as the most stupidest argument I''ve come across.

Are you basically saying Rudd will NEVER make a mistake in his career? Surprised United haven''t come in for him yet then....

[quote user="Vanwink"]Very poor effort to save the goal. WTF is going on, we have :Dec out on loan who is a far better keeper than Camp and Jed on the bench who again is a Norfolk boy who has done good for us in the past[/quote]. What about Hoolahan giving the ball away cheaply that led to the goal

You can discuss tactics, positivity, negativity until the cows come home, but this thread is about Camp and the goal we conceded.For me, Camp had one thing to do and he fluffed his angles terribly and was beaten at his near post, something we all know and will hear all the time, should not happen at any level, let alone premier league. It is funny how football works because if they had not scored that goal, we would be in a very strong position and it would have been a bore draw with really no one threatening. However as it transpired, a really poor piece of goalkeeping has put as right in the thick of it now.Premier league footballs make mistakes and keepers will too, however, such a basic mistake... at this level, with what is on the line, is not good enough. He will not wear a NCFC shirt again.

I agree though. Camp did not have a good game and he should not have been beaten at his near post like that. Not having Bunn cost us.

Behave. His positioning wasn''t even that bad, he just had soft wrists that didn''t push the ball clear. He was in the right position, because he got his hands quite comfortably to the ball. Just a slip of concentration, a one off mistake, which cost us.

Any keeper in the world can make a mistake like that, and the very best in the world do so as well. Anyone who thinks that any one of our other keepers would have saved that shot and therefore won us a point clearly understands very little about the role of a keeper and how all of them can make a one off mistake.

Had Camp been consistently out of position, rushing out of his box and missing punches, throwing the ball out poorly, then you may have an argument. But given that it was a one off mistake in the last 10 minutes you need to get a grip if you think he is to blame for that lack of a performance.

Jay - he may not wear a city shirt again, but I reckon that''s probably more to do with the fact that he was brought in as a third choice keeper and our other two keepers are coming back from suspension/injury!

I actually believe there were two or three times when he came to collect the ball, realised he was in no mans land and darted back to his line...I understand the circumstances that lead to his poor performance, yes he is third choice, yes only playing due to injuries and suspensions etc. etc. However, his performance was not good enough, the goal conceded was poor and it did cost us not only point... but holding a relegation candidate to not stealing the march.Can I, if I may, flip this question on it''s head... How many saves did he make that kept us in the game?

You can only make saves that keep you in the game if there are opportunities to do so. If you hardly notice a keeper, he''s probably doing something alright. I hardly noticed him (one or two slightly wobbly moments perhaps but nothing exactly costly or even overly worrying) until the mistake at the end. And that was a one off mistake.

More importantly, why focus on one individual mistake when the whole team was poor? Why was Bassong not tighter to stop the shot coming in? Why did we flukily win the ball off the ref and then proceed to pass it straight back to Wigan in the middle of the park? Why did we not play better for the preceding 80 minutes of the game? Camp made one poor mistake, if anyone thinks he deserves any more criticism than the rest of the players - or that any one of our other keepers by default never makes any mistakes - then they''re simply looking for a scapegoat to have a go at.

It is easy to focus on that mistake because it is a glaring one, one that you would expect to be saved 99% of the time. Build up to goals are usually littered with mistakes, by the very nature of them. The game is done, the points are distributed and Camp will, in my eyes, remain at fault for us losing a point and giving potential relegation candidates a march on us. Take that single mistake out of the game and what would the result be? More than likely 0-0. Then we could dissect the performance based on that result and I am sure as fans we would have still been massively disappointed and worrying over the lack of creativity. However, our league position would have been much more secure.