Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Team for Swansea?

Fox hasn''t improved by not playing, ridiculous statement. People aren''t remembering him being better than he is, we know what he has to offer hence him being voted him our 3rd best player last season. I appreciate his game has it''s limitations, but I really can''t understand why he hasn''t been given an opportunity next to Johnson/Tettey in a 4-2-3-1, especially at home.

Ruddy

Martin Turner Bassong Garrido

Tettey Johnson

Hoolahan Howson Snodgrass

Becchio

[quote user="nutty nigel"][

Your side is based on hope rather than achievement.

[/quote]

At the moment I think you could argue that picking Holt ahead of Kamara is based upon the hope GH will improve upon his current run of performances.

There are not enormous differences in either of your sides because we dont have a huge variety of options;   you both rightly (IMO) recognise that 4231 is our best formation,  varying on Fox/Johnson and whether Holt/KK should start.    I opt for KK over GH and accept BJ is likely to start ahead of Fox.

BJ - consistent performances,  covers a lot of ground,  tackles and defensives sound but at PL level his standard of passing is too weak,  costing us pitch position and possession.    For Fox we keep the ball and probably have better set pieces, but lose some mobility, defensive ground coverage and aerial capability.   Unless we try a tettey fox partership (which COULD give us ball retention (both), creativity (Fox) and defensive mobility (Tettey)) we wont know whether it works.   We do know that Howson BJ is a losing partnership,   & that we have won with Tettey/BJ.  We also know that since our return to the prem we have won most frequently with Fox in midfield (30% of his starts) - that at least is not blind hope but based on some evidence.

Every time you try something new you can only hope it works,   inertia with a failing system is madness.  

They both have qualities. I would certainly start Holt & Hoolahan

and the side I picked I believe is best equiped to accomodate them both.I agree with this, but I really do not think one up front suits Holts game at all.  Last season Lambert played Morison when he played one up front almost every time.  This season Holt has looked lost.BTW.. why don''t you ever post on here when things are going wellHuh? [:^)]Too busy enjoying the football, and I like having a moan!

If you don''t like it Chickenhead then.....   Tough! Wink [;)]

To sum up this season so far for me.....  I don''t think Hughton is making the best of the players we have.  I think his signings have been exceptional given our budget. barely a duffer in the lot, and nearly all an improving to the squad.  But I think his tactics leave a lot to be desired.  His substitutions are unimaginative at best.  Squad players look out of form and demotivated. We play a defensive game, but we don''t concede less goals.  Two less than after the same number of games last season is statistically insignificant.  In spite of this weird stat the defending is clearly much better, but with better players.  The cost, our attacking play is dismal.