Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Team for Swansea?

Bunn

Whittaker Turner Bassong Garrido

Tettey  Johnson

Snodgrass    Hoolahan     Pilkington

KK

Pilks is better at home than away and that''s near enough the team that smashed Swansea first half away from home and ended up winning. Tettey recharged. Switch to 4-4-2 if desired and get Becchio with KK. If Pilks is still out then Bennett on the right again and Snoddy left or vice versa if you want them to cut in and shoot etc

Dont think KP has trained yet so dont think he will be fit enough in time unfortunately. Likewise I cant see Fox starting again otherwise I would replace BJ with Fox   As such I would go,  bringing back first teamers and using snod in his best position - bennett may as well be ineffective on the left as have both bennett and snodgrass both be ineffective.

High tempo game - central midfielders defending from the 10 yard circle not 30 yards from our own goal please. 

Bunn

Martin  Turner  Bassong   Garrido

Tettey  Johnson

Snodgrass   Hoolahan   Bennett

KK

Subs

Camp  Whittaker Bennett Fox Howson  Holt Becchio

Bunn (or Ruddy?..if he''s playing for U21''s tomorrow?)

Whittaker  Turner  Bassong  Garrido

Tettey    Johnson

Snodgrass        Hoolahan            Kamara

Holt

[quote user="York Canary"]

Bunn

Whittaker Turner Bassong Garrido

Tettey  Johnson

Snodgrass    Hoolahan     Pilkington

KK

Pilks is better at home than away and that''s near enough the team that smashed Swansea first half away from home and ended up winning. Tettey recharged. Switch to 4-4-2 if desired and get Becchio with KK. If Pilks is still out then Bennett on the right again and Snoddy left or vice versa if you want them to cut in and shoot etc

[/quote]
This, though I don''t think Pilkington will be back for the Swansea game.

Late or absent substitutions has been a massive negative for us this season Rudolph, in so many ways!

Pilks said on Twitter hopefully he''ll be allowed to play next week... Don''t think he''d say that of he had no chance.

Bunn

Martin       Turner    Bassong       Garrido

Snodgrass    Tettey      Johnson    Bennett/Pilks

Holt         Kamara

Bench; Camp, Whittaker, Bennett/Pilks, Howson, Becchio, Jackson, Murphy( don''t know which one!!!)

Pilks hasn''t been allowed to play all season, he is a shadow of his former self, gets forward and is lost, concentrating too much on defensive duties!

Bunn

Martin Turner bassong garrido

Snodgrass tettey Johnson Pilkington

Holt becchio

Camp Whittaker Bennett howson bennett Jackson kamara

Holt better in a 442 and scores against Swansea. Plus kamara offers more coming off bench than Holt or becchio.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Bunn

Martin  Turner  Bassong   Garrido

Tettey  Johnson

Snodgrass   Hoolahan   Bennett

KK

Subs

Camp  Whittaker Bennett Fox Howson  Holt Becchio

[/quote]

Fox and howson are only ever replacement players,  not   game changing subs.   Surely we only need one of them?    If Pilkington does not make it (if he is fit then he starts for me) then why not Dawkins on the bench - pace,  confidence, direct and can score too could be that spark we need to spruce things up in these last few games?

My team:                       Bunn

Whittaker  Turner  Bassong   Garrido

Tettey  Fox

Snodgrass      Hoolahan         KK

Holt                  

Subs

Camp   RBennett  Howson  Becchio Johnson  EBennett  Martin

I know he wont do it but i would love to see us return to the diamond formation. Hoolahan behind 2 forwards and go for the win.

[quote user="HernanCrespo"]Forgot Wes. Wes for Jackson on bench.[/quote]Cinnamon is off on loan anyway.Bunn in goal.Back four of Whittaker, Turner, Bassong and GarridoMidfield of Snoddy, Johnson, Tettey and WesBecchio and KK up front.Although I wouldn''t mind seeing a 4-3-3 with the team we''ve got and the players at our disposal although it''ll never happen:Bunn,Whittaker-Turner-Bassong-GarridoTettey-Wes-JohnsonKK-Holt-SnoddyI think that would work quite well

Is Jackspn off on loan?

I thought the loan window closed on Thursday, and I haven''t seen an official announcement, I looked on our official site and saw nothing but then sometimes it''s not very well organised on there!

Maybe he''s not then. I was sure there were reports a few days ago that he had joined someone else on loan and the usual crew on here jumping up and down about that this would get us relegated...Could be my mistake

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Maybe he''s not then. I was sure there were reports a few days ago that he had joined someone else on loan and the usual crew on here jumping up and down about that this would get us relegated...Could be my mistake[/quote]

A paper said it was a done deal, but nothing official. And now it seems it''s too late.

My team;                       BunnMartin  Turner    Bassong    Garrido                     JohnsonSnodgrass      Fox      Pilkington/Murphy                  Holt   KKIMO, Fox is critical - someone to spread the ball and play the wingers in. Unfortunately he''s the only one we have and we have been missing this side of the game all season.  I would also give Murphy a chance on the left, if Pilks is not fit.  It''s all irrelevant anyway, Hughton will stick with his defensive set up and hope that we keep a clean sheet. It''s been his gameplan all season. He says that scoring isn''t ''rocket science'' but I see no evidence of a change in tactics or personnel, to rectify the lack of goals.  Sadly, I am losing hope and that''s the only thing we have, as fans. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Bunn

Martin Turner Bassong Garrido

Snodgrass Tettey Johnson Pilkington

Hoolahan

Holt

[/quote]

You would pick pretty much the exact same side that has failed us for 15 games?
[/quote]

That is the best side in my opinion. I can point to successes that it''s had. Your side is based on hope rather than achievement.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Bunn

Hoolahan

Holt

[/quote]You would pick pretty much the exact same side that has failed us for 15 games?[/quote]

That is the best side in my opinion. I can point to successes that it''s had. Your side is based on hope rather than achievement.

[/quote]

Actually, outside the first XI, barely anyone has had a real chance this season. Players who play badly do not get dropped.

If you are talking about Fox, yes I am relying on last season''s performances as a guide.  And BJ''s dire passing this season of 71%, down from 78% last season as the reason for him being dropped.  This seasons percentage being the worst passing rate for a central midfielder in the premiership.

If Pilkington was fit I would start him on the left and KK up top.  As Grant Holt has been poor this season, whether it is fitness, the formation, the tactics, whatever. And KK should really be on 2 goals already in 3(3) games.

Whitaker played in the 10 game unbeaten run, and offered a lot more going forward and linked up well with Snodgrass.  A partnership which Martin and Snodgrass do not have.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]It''s quite amazing how much David Fox has improved by not playing.[/quote]Best crossing accuracy in the Premiership last season --> 41.3%Outfield Norwich player stats:3rd best passing accuracy at the club last season --> 83%Most key passes per game last season --> 1.4Most accurate crosses per game --> 1.4Most accurate long balls per game --> 6Most passes per game --> 52Third in player of the season.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"] Bunn

Hoolahan

Holt

[/quote]

You would pick pretty much the exact same side that has failed us for 15 games?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, outside the first XI, barely anyone has had a real chance this season. Players who play badly do not get dropped.

If you are talking about Fox, yes I am relying on last season''s performances as a guide.  And BJ''s dire passing this season of 71%, down from 78% last season as the reason for him being dropped.  This seasons percentage being the worst passing rate for a central midfielder in the premiership.

If Pilkington was fit I would start him on the left and KK up top.  As Grant Holt has been poor this season, whether it is fitness, the formation, the tactics, whatever. And KK should really be on 2 goals already in 3(3) games.

Whitaker played in the 10 game unbeaten run, and offered a lot more going forward and linked up well with Snodgrass.  A partnership which Martin and Snodgrass do not have.

[/quote]

But I didn''t criticise your team ''til you came on here and criticised mine. Maybe I would chanhe Martin for Whittaker but I''m not sure which is the better. They both have qualities. I would certainly start Holt & Hoolahan and the side I picked I believe is best equiped to accomodate them both.

If you don''t like it Chickenhead then.....

Tough! [;)]

BTW.. why don''t you ever post on here when things are going well[:^)]