Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Form & The Talk Of Were Safe

Theres being optimistic, pessimistic and just being realistic.

My honest answer of where I am has to be in the pessimistic camp. I have been all season, at the risk of sounding like a own trumpet blowing hindsight is great nob head, this season has panned out exactly the way i thought it would the second i left carrow road after the Monchengladbach game.

Id just witnessed Chris Hughtons Norwich City and i understood exactly the direction he wanted to take us. The cautious tactics were obvious, and yes aside from the two 5 goal maulings th defense is much better.

But form is form and make no mistake about it were stuck in a rut, 1 win in 15 is it? At a crucial time when teams around us are fighting for there lives and will find the form to survive, one team wont, and we as strong a candidate than any.

Wigan may do their usual houdini trick, Southampton clearly have enough to get a couple more wins, albeit amongst losses, Villa have it in them on their day but are of course inconsistent, the only team on our level seems to be Sunderland, and there new manager could change all that.

Our form is showing no signs of change. We cant score, we cant win. Theres also too much talk of were safe, the RVW signing is great but along with it came talk of were definitely safe and isnt next season gonna be great in the Prem with Rick Van Winkel.

Anyone who thinks we''ll be alright is being optimistic and not realistic. Make no mistake we are right in thick of it, in two weeks we could be in that bottom three.

Yes we could also be 10th but on current form which is the more likely?

For me its between us and Sunderland for the 3rd spot. And if Sunderland get the new manager right were in real trouble.

[quote user="QHcanary"]Does nobody attend English lessons at school any more?[/quote]to be fair, there were fewer mistakes in that post than in many on this, and most other sites. were for we''re was the glaring one.

Agree with OP, there are still a lot of sheep on here who are wetting their pants at the prospect of manning up and recognising that we are in a big dog fight. I believe that third spot is between us and Sunderland, we are in big big trouble and should recognise it.

We believe so, he seems just as silly but we can''t persecute him until we know for sure. If it os Wiz he will slip up soon enough

A well-thought out post from the OP. Isn''t slating for the sake of it but pointing out the issues.I think Hughton has the attributes to be a good manager for us and others but I think the key problem is his style is chalk and cheese compared to Lambert''s and we''ve only had one transfer window to help him in that (I never think the January transfer window does anything at all).Hughton-type players are Bassong, Turner, Tettey and Snodgrass - physical, measured players who work hard and pitch in for the rest of the team. The players he inherited who fit that style are arguably Johnson and Holt although God knows what''s happened to Holt. Lambert wasn''t as attack-attack-attack as people seem to remember but we were very up-and-at-''em and players were encouraged to come forward, get crosses in, hang around in the box etc. This is exactly why Villa just might stay up with Lambert''s 4-3-3 and why Wigan always come to life at the end of the season with their 3-4-3Hughton simply doesn''t rate the likes of Fox, Ayala and Vaughan and players like E Bennett, Pilkington and Howson simply don''t fit into our new style of play and are not playing to their strengths and therefore highlighting their weaknesses. Even Cafu was originally called Cafu for a reason....With Ruddy back soon and our squad injury-free we just might be able to snatch a few wins to stay up for next season and I hope over the summer that Hughton can bring in more of  ''his'' type of players and give us a more balanced, consistent look. The Wolf''s ''mistranslated'' quotes indicate as such.

Sure the service is bad, but it wouldn''t hurt to just shoot when in space or do anything towards getting a goal. I''ve watched games from last season and the season before recently and there is a complete lack of just shooting ir creating space to do so in our game now. I believe it is that simple.

Oh and to add to that, if we do get those chances they are so rare the players are rusty and easily squander the chance.