Sign in to follow this  
BOO

The dog fight begins

As I see the run in and looking at recent form we are in a dog fight with Sunderland for the final relegation spot. Sunderland are on a terrible run, which they know and in desperation have sacked O''neil, it''s not really a surprise, I guess they see things in pretty much the same way. The only option for them to try and change their fortunes at this stage in the season is to bring in a new man. They have thankfully been unlucky with injuries but I hope for our sake that the gamble doesn''t pay off. If it does then we are looking at Championship football next season.

Apart from Newcastle, Villa and Wigan are showing just enough to drag themselves out. We''re in the mix, but hopefully we''ll come out of the blocks and show we want it more [:)]

The only difference is, the majority of those teams mentioned above have some different about them, the ability to score goals. We don''t, which is why, at the moment I think we are the more likely to be dragged into that final relegation spot

[quote user="Stig"]Apart from Newcastle, Villa and Wigan are showing just enough to drag themselves out. We''re in the mix, but hopefully we''ll come out of the blocks and show we want it more [:)][/quote]

Even if you''re right which I don''t believe, Wigan and Villa are still part of any rational, objective debate about the dog fight for the third relegation place.

"The only difference is, the majority of those teams mentioned above have some different about them, the ability to score goals. We don''t, which is why, at the moment I think we are the more likely to be dragged into that final relegation spot."

Apart from Stoke of course, who have a worse current form and goal-scoring record than us. They also have a pretty bad run-in, they are my favourites to go down.