Sign in to follow this  
chick chickenson

Sunderland v Man. U.

Hi, Chick here, first posting so let''s hope that CH and the boys lay that Golden Egg over Easter to commemorate my arrival.

One thing about the threat of relegation lingering on the way it has is that it is easier to get more involved in games like the above, soon to be live on TV.

Tomorrow it''s Villa, although I would have been into this irrespective of our own position I suppose.

Come on Man. U. Come on Liverpool.

Good old Sky, love you to bits.

Oh! I shouldn''t have put that. Too controversial for a first posting and I really intended to avoid any melees on here.  

It''s one of the downsides of our current position that i end up supporting the likes of Man U etc.

Would always normally support the under dogs or smaller team.

Oh well. Come on Man U!

Hi. Chick back.

That Man. U. side are far from at full strength today. That''s the way it is I suppose.

They are still strong, but Sunderland could conceivably nick a point here, which would be a result for them.

I don''t think we need to worry ourselves with other results. We ''ve got enough quality to get results and comfortably stay up.

Hi Jedi, Chick here.

You are of course right mate, but we saw in our own game against Sunderland that the cruel hand of fate can suddenly turn against you. Better to be safe.

In the few minutes of the game so far even the weaker Manchester are making Sunderland look distinctly Championship level.  We never looked that even when losing 4-0 to the mighty ones.

There are no certainties in football. Sunderland have 4 difficult games but it wouldn''t surprise me at all to see them pick up unexpected points. We have to make sure of our own game and not worry about others.

[quote user="ricardo"]There are no certainties in football. Sunderland have 4 difficult games but it wouldn''t surprise me at all to see them pick up unexpected points. We have to make sure of our own game and not worry about others.
[/quote]

For sure, but are there any of us on this Board who weren''t pleased to see that goal go in?

Also, a bit of forward thinking has to be involved. My pessimistic tendancies lead me to hope that the three sides most likely to be the strongest forces next season, Aston Villa, Sunderland and Southampton are all removed from the Premiership scene at the ending of this, thus making it easier for us. 

Let the Wigans and the Readuings survive, more chance of us doing well don''t you think?

Also, the above mentioned three will likely rip the Championship apart and we can''t possibly have our Suffolk friends aspiring to a play-off placeever again can we?

Machiavellian or what?

Hi Chick, Stig here...
Welcome to the forum. This is a horrible game, United aren''t even trying and it''s so boring. Hopefully the Liverpool game will be more exciting to watch.

Hi Stig, Chick here.

Agreed.

It''s the result wot counts, but Sunderland''s direness is hardly helping things.

Lambert will have his young Villa side up for the fight tomorrow and that is a certainty. Fartin'' Martin seems to have lost it at last. He has been a good manager, but this might well be his last stand.

Chick.

Only watched the last 20 mins or so of this, but Sunderland look dire. No desire, they are losing 1-0, not 4-0. You could understand our players giving up a bit when it was 3/4-0 to Man.U but when you''re losing by one goal you should really be trying harder than this.

Can very easily see Sunderland going down now, QPR have more confidence now, Wigan just don''t go down, Reading could pick up a few points with a new manager, Villa will probably be safe, not sure on Southampton. On the last couple of displays, and without Fletcher I can easily see Sunderland only picking up a couple draws in the final seven games for them. Of course I could be completely wrong...

Hi. Chick here.

Just starting to watch the Villa game, anybody else joining me?

After yesterday''s unfortunate result it is now even more important that Lambert''s Learners get another hammering. Hopefully Suarez style.

Have a good day.

Chick. 

Chick again.

I''m wary of them. Is it the Lambert dust that still remains on my being or are they beginning to ominously take shape?

A bit of tinkering in midfield and a Bassong in defence and they are a more than decent side. Better than us in many respects, if I am to be honest. They are very good to watch when on song, but often fold easily when behind. 

C''mon Liverpool.

Caiou,

Chick.