Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Two vital away games how will they go

A narrow 1-0 win at Sunderland next week and everyone will be feeling much better...

On the other hand a 1-0 defeat and this board will be in full meltdown :-(

We probably only need one more win, would be great to get that out of the way sooner rather than later.

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]A narrow 1-0 win at Sunderland next week and everyone will be feeling much better...

On the other hand a 1-0 defeat and this board will be in full meltdown :-(

We probably only need one more win, would be great to get that out of the way sooner rather than later.[/quote]Sounds about right. My pre-season predictor has us getting a total of 3 points from the next 3 games. A win + two defeats or three draws, whatever.

This season i''ve been to Fulham A, Newcastle A, Villa A, Everton A, Man Utd A, West Ham H, Stoke H and Newcastle H. That''s EIGHT GAMES and only THREE GOALS I''VE WITNESSED. I''m working during the Sunderland game but going to Wigan so come on lads, knock a few in for me to cheer. Please?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="City1st"]

anything less than two defeats and that much coveted 17th place will begin to slip away

of course some of will be looking up and expecting the team to return with six points

[/quote]

you keep telling everyone that will listen that we should be looking up....but how far up the table do you think a team can go that has won one in the last 12 and not scored in 7 in the last 9 matches?!?........I think I''ll keep my eye on the gap between us and 3rd bottom , currently 9 which I''m fairly comfortable with

[/quote]

9 games ago we were 8 points ahead of the relegation places

we have 9 games to go, can we presume that they will gather more than one point over the next nine games

that four of the six below us four will all have a sudden rush of blood and pick up enough points to overhaul us - that the four clubs around us will also all pick up points to leave us behind

ps please explain to us all how we can pick up points to avoid relegation, yet those same points do not count in moving us higher up in the table ?

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="City1st"]

anything less than two defeats and that much coveted 17th place will begin to slip away

of course some of will be looking up and expecting the team to return with six points

[/quote]

you keep telling everyone that will listen that we should be looking up....but how far up the table do you think a team can go that has won one in the last 12 and not scored in 7 in the last 9 matches?!?........I think I''ll keep my eye on the gap between us and 3rd bottom , currently 9 which I''m fairly comfortable with

[/quote]

9 games ago we were 8 points ahead of the relegation places

we have 9 games to go, can we presume that they will gather more than one point over the next nine games

that four of the six below us four will all have a sudden rush of blood and pick up enough points to overhaul us - that the four clubs around us will also all pick up points to leave us behind

ps please explain to us all how we can pick up points to avoid relegation, yet those same points do not count in moving us higher up in the table ?

[/quote]

ok, I will explain........ I rather suspect the points we need to avoid relegation will come in ones not threes (and probably about 4 of them)........draws will keep you in roughly the same position in the league but wont allow you to climb it.............there , fairly simple?

An apt last post. A pessimistic prediction and an allusion to a barely detectable fart.
  • Like 1

1-0 win at Sunderland and then a 1-2 loss to a (once again) resurgent Wigan. 36 points with 7 to play. That''ll do nicely thank you very much.

Just can''t see us winning either game. Thinking we will go into those two games looking to nick a point as usual, but at this stage of the season that''s more dangerous than ever.

Think we will just manage it at Wigan, but Sunderland will beat us, it will be a poor game where we create very little, they won''t have to do much to win the game, it will be a very forgettable occasion where we will lose 3 points. I just can see no other conclusion.

We will lose on Sunday!

" I rather suspect the points we need to avoid relegation will come in ones not threes (and probably about 4 of them)........draws will keep you in roughly the same position in the league but wont allow you to climb it.............there , fairly simple?"

Absolute nonsense

Or are we to suppose Hughton quickly instructed Holt to miss the penalty so as to stick to us only drawing " can''t have us climbing the table".

What''s ''roughly in the same position'' ? Does that include going up the table ? Had the penalty have gone in and we had moved to 10th place would that still be ''roughly in the same position'' ? Of course not.

The team will set out to gain as many points as possible over the next 9 games. The more they gain the higher they are likely to climb, as it always has been ... in every league, in every season.

You cannot seperate gaining points to avoid this mythical relagtion threat with gaining points to climb the table, unless you are not too bright, or as some would have ... fairly simple.

If only I had a wager hahaMany people predicting it. Are we negative? Or realistic? Or lucky.....So next 2 games. Swansea and Arsenal. What do people predict?Ill go 0 points. If we sit back and go for a point against both we will get murdered.