Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Two vital away games how will they go

Sunderland and Wigan away back to back. I have not got a clue how these will go. Some points and we are almost there in terms of survival. No points and whilst it is not terminal it certainly drags us down into the more of needing a couple of wins fromthe then remaining 7 games.Our away record is pretty poor when the Swansea result is taken out of it and our ability to score any goals particularaly away from home seems to be getting harder. I cannot see a clean sheet from these 2 games so someone needs to score if we are to get a result/s.  Just like us to surprise when many least expect and pick up a win

I think we''ll lose to Sunderland, but beat Wigan. No escape act from the Latics this season imo

can see us going down 1-0 in both maybe 2-1 at Sunderland. City seem to be missing something at the moment, not just the goals.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]We''re going down. [/quote]And you must also be hoping Reading will stay up I guess Golden Coppell....

the only certainty going into both these games is that our mindset will be the standard away attitude of safety first and preserve a point, especially agaist two sides below us. Sunderland will see it as a must win, probably more than us and sadly I can see them getting it.  As for Wigan ,who can honestly predict which Wigan will turn up?....they don''t know themselves so what chance have we got?

In all probabilty our next home match after these vs Swansea will be huge

I am hoping that Wigan get side-tracked by their involvement in the FA Cup, both mentally and physically.

They have just had two tough games against Everton to contend with and had no mid-season break as a result either. Despite it being a reported piss up, QPR''s break has worked wonders for them.  

I know theat the thought of Luton still pains, but in retrospect it may have been for the best for us.

Sunderland match is two teams who are playing poorly so it can go either way (hopefully ours)Wigan match is after the international break and after the last two, we have won the next match so I''ve got that down for a winTotal 3 to 6 six points from both games, Safety !

You have to remember that we are playing against two teams with a lot of quality and are currently in fine form. So I will have to set the team out to defend for 90 minutes which will mean 10 defenders plus a striker - sorry I meant a goalkeeper !!!! Per CH

vos wrote the following post at 10/03/2013 2:39 PM:

You have to remember that we are playing against two teams with a

lot of quality and are currently in fine form. So I will have to set the

team out to defend for 90 minutes which will mean 10 defenders plus a

striker - sorry I meant a goalkeeper !!!! Per CH

Spot on!  I must admit that annoys me every single time. The post match interviews are always the same - it''s like he''s stuck in a virtual loop. I can''t help thinking that we need to be motivating our own players not praising the opposition for their quality.

the thing that everyone should be worried about is all those teams below us know where the net is, city dont score goals (neither consistantly or enough)sunderland away is always likely to be dificult, can see them scoring thoughwigan have been playing well recently, they arent no where near as bad as what some people are making outwont be shocked if its 0 from 6, heres hoping the rest of the bottom half dont have good results or that gap could be very narrow when swansea turn up

And Swansea are under no pressure having secued their PL status and European football. A free-flowing Swansea with revenge on their minds... The oucome is not likely to be pleasant.

We''ll lose 3-0 to Wigan, 3-0 to Sunderland and draw the rest of our games 0-0 by playing six defenders and four holding midfielders in front of Bunn.  We will stay up by one point and Highland Canary''s spleen will burst with rage.

Sunderland are struggling for form. Wigan are showing signs of revival.  One point from the two games may be all we can hope for.  Probably a drab draw at Sunderland.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]We''ll lose 3-0 to Wigan, 3-0 to Sunderland and draw the rest of our games 0-0 by playing six defenders and four holding midfielders in front of Bunn.  We will stay up by one point and Highland Canary''s spleen will burst with rage.

[/quote]

Perhaps, not rage but frustration it had to burst at all - a little more belief post-Christmas, a better transfer window from Hughton and McNally, and we might have been competing with Swansea and West Brom by now.

[quote user="Highland Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]We''ll lose 3-0 to Wigan, 3-0 to Sunderland and draw the rest of our games 0-0 by playing six defenders and four holding midfielders in front of Bunn.  We will stay up by one point and Highland Canary''s spleen will burst with rage.

[/quote]

Perhaps, not rage but frustration it had to burst at all - a little more belief post-Christmas, a better transfer window from Hughton and McNally, and we might have been competing with Swansea and West Brom by now.[/quote]I think Mr C is implying that it''ll only burst only because we didn''t go down......[;)]

I dont see why these games should be any different to all the other away games, we''ll play to draw 0-0. I''m hoping for two points, or that something just clicks out of nowhere maybe an individual bit of brilliance and we get a win, but hate to say it i feel it''s more realitic to look at our remaining home games for any points.

anything less than two defeats and that much coveted 17th place will begin to slip away

of course some of will be looking up and expecting the team to return with six points

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Well one things pretty certain we won''t win either. I can see us being stuffed 4-0 by sunderland and losing 1-0 to Wigan. We''re going to be dragged into a scrap and we clearly do not have the quality up for it. We''re going down.

[/quote]

When did Sunderland suddenly become so good?  They''ve been poor all season.

I know our visit there was one of our poorest games since we returned to the Prem but O''Neill did a number on Lambert.  He does not have a hold on Hughton so there is no reason we should do any worse than we did at Everton, Southampton, QPR, Reading and Spurs.

[quote user="City1st"]

anything less than two defeats and that much coveted 17th place will begin to slip away

of course some of will be looking up and expecting the team to return with six points

[/quote]

you keep telling everyone that will listen that we should be looking up....but how far up the table do you think a team can go that has won one in the last 12 and not scored in 7 in the last 9 matches?!?........I think I''ll keep my eye on the gap between us and 3rd bottom , currently 9 which I''m fairly comfortable with