Sign in to follow this  
The saint

Potential summer friendly with Ipswich?

Anyone see this?

davidmcnally62 50m

“@Lee_1609: Have you got any plans for a potential friendly against Ip5w1ch during this summer? It''d be a sell out game!” watch this space!

Thoughts?

[quote user="York Canary"]You''ll be there with your blue shirt on no doubt. XXXXXL size[/quote]

How many per season games do you go to?

Here we go... 
Yes, it would be a sellout and I''d go - but friendly isn''t the word. More like "Ipswich, can we book your team for a thrashing so we can relax ourselves after post-season exhaustion."

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t want them in a friendly. Why put money in their bins? Let ''em play Colchester and Southend.

[/quote]

Agreed.

I doubt it, McNally probably just creating some suspense.

We''re having a tour of USA, and a few games back here - most likely to be local teams (so possibly Ipswich, but more likely your Yarmouth and Wroxham matches as usual) plus a few European teams I would imagine.

Plus, we could always play Leeds, see how our development squad is going on, and whether we need to chip in and promote them to the Norwich squad :P

Nothing to be gained. Too much at stake including Norwich City centre, Wolfwinkel''s bones and East Anglian bragging rights.

They would treat it far more seriously than us and it could well be a Luton all over again. What a demoralising curtain raiser for the season that would be.

Nah. Let them rot in the lower reaches of the Championship, whilst talking up a play-off place every time they are fortunate enough to win a game.