Sign in to follow this  
JayNCFC

Villa On The Attack

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Villa are useless at the back - apart from Guzan who is a quality ''keeper - and Liverpool have spurned more than a couple of gilt-edged chances and hit the woodwork but with their 4-3-3 and attacking mentality, their heads never drop and there''s always a chance they''ll nick a goal or two. Exactly how they beat QPR. I hate to say it but I can see Villa coming to Carrow Road and bombing at us constantly with a repeat of the 4-1[/quote]

Just wondering if you watched the earlier match at Villa park?

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Villa are useless at the back - apart from Guzan who is a quality ''keeper - and Liverpool have spurned more than a couple of gilt-edged chances and hit the woodwork but with their 4-3-3 and attacking mentality, their heads never drop and there''s always a chance they''ll nick a goal or two. Exactly how they beat QPR. I hate to say it but I can see Villa coming to Carrow Road and bombing at us constantly with a repeat of the 4-1[/quote]

Just wondering if you watched the earlier match at Villa park?[/quote]Yes I did. I believe we came from behind to nick a draw after they were reduced to ten men

"looking at the remaining fixtures it looks like Wigan or Sunderland for that 3rd spot. QPR and Reading are down already. "

Stoke

How can anyone say that villa are useless at the back based on losing 2-1 to Liverpool? Will somebody remind me just how many we conceded against Liverpool this season?

Did villa not beat Liverpool earlier this season?

[quote user="canaryfan68"]How can anyone say that villa are useless at the back based on losing 2-1 to Liverpool? Will somebody remind me just how many we conceded against Liverpool this season?

Did villa not beat Liverpool earlier this season?[/quote]Because they have the worst goal difference in the Premier League.7 games to go and Villa need to win at least 2 to overhaul us if we don''t pick up anymore points.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Villa are useless at the back - apart from Guzan who is a quality ''keeper - and Liverpool have spurned more than a couple of gilt-edged chances and hit the woodwork but with their 4-3-3 and attacking mentality, their heads never drop and there''s always a chance they''ll nick a goal or two. Exactly how they beat QPR. I hate to say it but I can see Villa coming to Carrow Road and bombing at us constantly with a repeat of the 4-1[/quote]

Just wondering if you watched the earlier match at Villa park?[/quote]Yes I did. I believe we came from behind to nick a draw after they were reduced to ten men[/quote]

This leads me to believe you didn''t watch the game. As i remember, Villa scored against the run of play, we had a stonewall penalty not given and Villa should of had 2 sent off. Absolutely battered them when it was 11vs11, but lets not let these facts get in the way of your uneducated opinion

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Villa are useless at the back - apart from Guzan who is a quality ''keeper - and Liverpool have spurned more than a couple of gilt-edged chances and hit the woodwork but with their 4-3-3 and attacking mentality, their heads never drop and there''s always a chance they''ll nick a goal or two. Exactly how they beat QPR. I hate to say it but I can see Villa coming to Carrow Road and bombing at us constantly with a repeat of the 4-1[/quote]

Just wondering if you watched the earlier match at Villa park?[/quote]Yes I did. I believe we came from behind to nick a draw after they were reduced to ten men[/quote]

This leads me to believe you didn''t watch the game. As i remember, Villa scored against the run of play, we had a stonewall penalty not given and Villa should of had 2 sent off. Absolutely battered them when it was 11vs11, but lets not let these facts get in the way of your uneducated opinion[/quote]Uneducated? Were I uneducated I would know the difference between ''of'' and ''have'', would know that ''I'' is a proper noun which needs a capital letter and know not to put a comma before a conjoiner.Blimey

Well I do apologise, not always easy typing on a mobile phone whilst on the move, but my point still stands

I watched the majority of the Villa Vs Scouse game today and I think you would be hard pushed to find anyone that would say Liverpool didn''t deserve to win.

Villa scored against the run of play. But not only that, like us last season, they played far to open a style.

Liverpool''s first goal looked good but was shocking in terms of Villa''s efforts to prevent it. They lost the ball having committed numbers forward, through a bad pass. Liverpool passed the ball twice before they scored, two great passes made easier by the lack of closing down and marking players.

After that although they created a couple of chances I didn''t feel they really made inroads and really should have been dead and buried, Suarez and Coutinho with some really guilt edge chances. It would not have been unfair for them to have won by two or three more goals.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="ellis206"]

Just wondering if you watched the earlier match at Villa park?[/quote]The one where we failed to beat 10 men?[/quote]

Missing the point entirely

[quote user="ellis206"]Well I do apologise, not always easy typing on a mobile phone whilst on the move, but my point still stands

[/quote]

Your point that I''m uneducated? Or the point that we drew with a team reduced to ten men?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"looking at the remaining fixtures it looks like Wigan or Sunderland for that 3rd spot. QPR and Reading are down already. "

Stoke[/quote]

"Cough" Newcastle"cough"

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[quote user="ellis206"]Well I do apologise, not always easy typing on a mobile phone whilst on the move, but my point still stands

[/quote]

Your point that I''m uneducated? Or the point that we drew with a team reduced to ten men?

[/quote]

The point that we played Villa off the park even with 11 men, yet for some reason you still believe they are going lo come to Carrow Road and turn us over 1-4, despite the fact we''ve only lost 3 times at home this season against top sides. If this Villa side is so great, why are they 4 points behind us with a worse goal difference?

And your point about us failing to beat 10 men, surely this must lead you to believe Sunderland are going down then?

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[quote user="ellis206"]Well I do apologise, not always easy typing on a mobile phone whilst on the move, but my point still stands[/quote]

[/quote]

The point that we played Villa off the park even with 11 men, yet for some reason you still believe they are going lo come to Carrow Road and turn us over 1-4, despite the fact we''ve only lost 3 times at home this season against top sides. If this Villa side is so great, why are they 4 points behind us with a worse goal difference?

And your point about us failing to beat 10 men, surely this must lead you to believe Sunderland are going down then?[/quote]A well-reasoned post with some good points [Y]I do take what you are saying re: the Villa game. From memory we did batter them but had our old Achilles heel in the shape of actually putting the ball in the net. In Benteke they seem to have a natural goalscorer who can create and score out of nothing - as he did against us in our league game.This Villa side are very gung-ho. They either win by out-scoring or get completely smashed. Take the QPR game for example, they could easily have been about 4-0 down by halftime yet rode their luck and ran out 3-2 winners. Against Liverpool they lost 2-1 bur Liverpool could have scored 5 on another day but instead clung on for the one-goal winning margin. When we had Lambert we were sitting pretty in 7th at one point but still with a terrible goal difference. It''s just the way Lambert plays.I hope we smash Villa. I hope they come to Carrow Road and we send them down. I hope their fans come crowing and gloating about Lambert and we thump them and Wigan, Sunderland and Newcastle all win and it comes through on the tannoy.But the thing that worries me is that a) Lambert will be fired up for this one b) Villa''s specific style of football will trump our specific style of football - Villa will go 4-3-3 and attack for 90 minutes; we will go 4-4-1-1 at home and defend for 90 minutes, keeping it tight and hoping to catch them on the break when we have no pace in our side. It''s exactly what happened at Carrow Road and I fear that Lambert will do the same again and Hughton will do the same again.

Only saw the MOTD highlights but at least Villa look up for the fight. Our strategy of playing for the 0-0, seemingly both home and away, looks match-by-match as increasingly likely to return us to the Championship. We surely can''t be contemplating playing deep and letting Swansea run at us for 90 minutes? Or can we?