Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Just back from Wigan..

Stayed overnight after game, My thoughts from Saturday..

Wigan fans very friendly, and much better atmosphere from them than expected.

Wigan fans seemed much more confident than ours before the game.

Dedicated Fish and Chip restuarant, next to ground does great chips.

Smart stadium, with lots of spare seating.

Free parking next to ground!

Fabulous turn out from us.

Team should have worn yellow / green. I think black kit for us is like the famous grey kit that Man U wore years back. Players are less visible to each other, especially out of the corner of the eye etc.

Lee Camp keeps kicking the posts to get mud off his boots.

Mr Holt did not need to talk himself into a yellow card.

Whats happened to that old fight to the end mentality? they looked as if they had either given up, or were worn out, in the last 15mins.

Holding the ball up too much, losing momentum in attack.

Reluctant to shoot or cross early, extra touches ending in lost possesion. If there''s bodies in the box - get it in the mixer!

Subs way too late.. again.

Bloody freezing cold when sun went in.

We played quite well, especially first half, but could not create (m)any clear cut goal scoring chances.

Wigan were very beatable.

One of their players commited a foul throw - haven''t seen that for years.

I feel increasingly nervous about survival.............................

Great impressionist post. I watched the game via stream, Wigan fans singing Che sara sara, and some of the other songs they played in the stadium sounded great and very appropriate. City''s vocal support was also often audible.

Great summary !!

Totally agree far too slow in the final third and the lack of movement off the ball let us down big time!

You''ve hit the nail on the head. Lack of movement and attacking ambition is what is killing our attacking threat. Perhaps away from home understandable but the approach needs changing big time at home. We need full backs running past wingers and midfield players running past strikers (2 central ones please Mr H), which surprise surprise will then create space for the aforementioned strikers who might then get some shots in on target. Only problem is can the team remember how (be allowed) to play like that, and Grant Holt rekindle the spirit of the last 3 years and lead from the front?

4 very winnable home games coming up, lets be havin you!

''Wigan were very beatable'' - agreed.

Ultimately, one opportunity/quality won the match (coupled with a poor effort by the keeper, we were right behind the goal).

But we might have played until Christmas before we scored. No movement, no belief, no confidence and dare I say it, a lack of quality in the final third. We can have no complaints about this result.