Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

5 points and were safe

so let''s get behind the team, the atmosphere has been rubbish this season at our place so let''s change that.

come on you yellows

The loss of atmosphere is an overlooked side effect of the defensive tactics we use. We lose the crowd and the team feeding off each other.

There have been times when the atmosphere has been good such as the Spurs game. But that was a game where we gave it a good go.

It would be great if the crowd were up for it by themselves but instinctively I feel it will need to be sparked by what is happening on the pitch.

It''s a pity it has gone this way this season because a good atmosphere is a significant part of the enjoyment of going to the game.

What has happened on the pitch this season has been by necessity. A more attacking intent has already been indicated next season by the news about Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

Let''s get this season over and dusted and start to look forward to a more optimistic and positive season to come.

Where are the 5 points coming from?  We''ve scored 4 league goals this calender year and look so poor going forward its embarrassing.  We''ve failed to register a single shot in target in 2 of these games, 1 against Wigan who''ve not kept a clean sheet at home all season.  During this period, we''ve failed to score and look pretty poor in home games against Newcastle, Fulham, Southampton and non-league Luton.  We only picked up a draw a piece at QPR and Sunderland, whom are both doomed according to most on here.  Throw in a couple of hammerings by Liverpool and Man Utd to boot.We will lost to Arsenal and Man City so that then makes it 5 points required from 5 games.  You wouldn''t fancy us to pick up anything at Stoke away, even though they''re also playing poorly and both West Brom and Swansea look much better teams that we do.  So it could be that we need to beat both Reading and Villa to get enough points to stay up and we all know what Villa did to us in the cup.On this basis and form, again can someone please tell me where these 5 points are coming from?

[quote user="Clint"]Where are the 5 points coming from?  We''ve scored 4 league goals this calender year and look so poor going forward its embarrassing.  We''ve failed to register a single shot in target in 2 of these games, 1 against Wigan who''ve not kept a clean sheet at home all season.  During this period, we''ve failed to score and look pretty poor in home games against Newcastle, Fulham, Southampton and non-league Luton.  We only picked up a draw a piece at QPR and Sunderland, whom are both doomed according to most on here.  Throw in a couple of hammerings by Liverpool and Man Utd to boot.We will lost to Arsenal and Man City so that then makes it 5 points required from 5 games.  You wouldn''t fancy us to pick up anything at Stoke away, even though they''re also playing poorly and both West Brom and Swansea look much better teams that we do.  So it could be that we need to beat both Reading and Villa to get enough points to stay up and we all know what Villa did to us in the cup.On this basis and form, again can someone please tell me where these 5 points are coming from?

[/quote]My advice is phone The Samaritans, Clint.[:''(]

I don''t think the Samaritans will be able to help Ricardo, I''m guessing they''ve also got bigger fish to fry than discussing the merits, or lack there of, Norwich''s premier league status. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

What have you seen that suggests we will suddenly start losing games at home Highland?

[/quote]I blame the SNP

[quote user="Clint"]I don''t think the Samaritans will be able to help Ricardo, I''m guessing they''ve also got bigger fish to fry than discussing the merits, or lack there of, Norwich''s premier league status. 

[/quote]Judging by what I read on here, more than a few are close to topping themselves.[:D]

I''m not there yet Ricardo but another season of watching this dross and I might be pretty close!

[quote user="Clint"]I''m not there yet Ricardo but another season of watching this dross and I might be pretty close![/quote]Unfortunately for all but the big six this is what the Premier League is all about. It''s a hard pill for some people to swallow. The reality for clubs of our size is that every year will be a dogfight to stay out of trouble.This is our 23rd season in the top tier of English football but 6 consecutive season has been our longest stint.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Clint"]I''m not there yet Ricardo but another season of watching this dross and I might be pretty close!
[/quote]

Unfortunately for all but the big six this is what the Premier League is all about. It''s a hard pill for some people to swallow. The reality for clubs of our size is that every year will be a dogfight to stay out of trouble.This is our 23rd season in the top tier of English football but 6 consecutive season has been our longest stint.
[/quote]

9 isn''t it? 86/87 - 94/95

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]It is a very sad fact that for 14 teams 17th position is success and for 6 teams 5th place is failure.[/quote]

Sadly that is true!

Even sadder is that us supporters are deluded into the belief that if we can hang on for one more season it will all get better. Then the new season starts and your "sad fact" comes back to bite us again!

[quote user="Clint"]Where are the 5 points coming from?  We''ve scored 4 league goals this calender year and look so poor going forward its embarrassing.  We''ve failed to register a single shot in target in 2 of these games, 1 against Wigan who''ve not kept a clean sheet at home all season.  During this period, we''ve failed to score and look pretty poor in home games against Newcastle, Fulham, Southampton and non-league Luton.  We only picked up a draw a piece at QPR and Sunderland, whom are both doomed according to most on here.  Throw in a couple of hammerings by Liverpool and Man Utd to boot.We will lost to Arsenal and Man City so that then makes it 5 points required from 5 games.  You wouldn''t fancy us to pick up anything at Stoke away, even though they''re also playing poorly and both West Brom and Swansea look much better teams that we do.  So it could be that we need to beat both Reading and Villa to get enough points to stay up and we all know what Villa did to us in the cup.On this basis and form, again can someone please tell me where these 5 points are coming from?

[/quote]

I believe we have 8 points in the last 8 games.

Keep that up over the final 7 games and we''ll be fine

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Clint"]I''m not there yet Ricardo but another season of watching this dross and I might be pretty close![/quote]Unfortunately for all but the big six this is what the Premier League is all about. It''s a hard pill for some people to swallow. The reality for clubs of our size is that every year will be a dogfight to stay out of trouble.This is our 23rd season in the top tier of English football but 6 consecutive season has been our longest stint.[/quote]

9 isn''t it? 86/87 - 94/95

[/quote]You are right, I was looking at the Premier League as separate from the old First Division.