Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Next Sunderland Manager.

I have read several posts on various threads regarding a new manager getting Sunderland out of the mire so here is the latest betting according to Corals

1.Di Canio 1/2.

2.Hughes 4/1

3.McClaren 7/1

also in the mix are Keane and McLeish.

Now had this little lot been offered up as the next City manager this messageboard would be in meltdown so the question i ask is of all you''Hughton Outers'' who would be your pick if we were currently looking for a manager with 7 games to go ?

Di Matteo would be good, in our position we could get poyet and maybe attack some teams. Reading couldn''t get him because they are all but relegated. I would wait til summer and get rid of Hughton with his boring, predictable, negative football. Another season of this will be incredibly boring. How many boring home draws have there been, Fulham, qpr, west ham, Newcastle, southampton. Let''s get someone who can attack.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Keane or Di Canio would at least be able to motivate the players in the short term you would think.[/quote]

I presume you mean keane the band, because if Roy keane cant motivate millions of pound of sh*te up the road, what hope would sunderland have

I''d rather none of those... Di Canio if push cane to shove I guess. Hughton''s our man though, change the team up for Swansea and go again.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]Keane or Di Canio would at least be able to motivate the players in the short term you would think.[/quote]

Nurse,nurse he''s out of bed again.[:D]

Are you being serious about Keane ???????????????????????????????????????????///

As for Di Canio an unproven hot head is just what we need hey ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]the question i ask is of all you''Hughton Outers'' who would be your pick if we were currently looking for a manager with 7 games to go ?[/quote]Martin O''Neil

I firmly believe that McClaren and McLeish would get them relegated straight away. Both very negative managers who can never seem to motivate. Taking over a demoralised squad with key players injured facing must-win games...Di Canio and Poyet would get them playing with some style but are inexperienced at this level. Keane has already tried and failed with Sunderland. Hughes would make me go from not minding Sunderland to really disliking him; a horrible, odious manager

I''d rather none of those, and i''m not advocating sacking Hughton this season. He has got the start of next season to improve and then we go from there.

I think our next manager will in all probability be a foreigner, my shortlist would be:

Marcelo Bielsa

Juan Ignacio Martinez

Thomas Tuchel

Roberto Di Matteo

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Di canio is getting the job. Bizarre decision if you ask me. He''s mental. Least he could fire them up I suppose. Never managed higher than league 1. Surely they had more hope under o`Neill.

[quote user="Stig"]Solskjaer? Head out of the clouds now, lad![/quote]

Why not?

He''ll come to the Premier League at some point, why not with us? He won''t be touched by a ''big'' club because he''s only been with Molde. Spend a 2 or 3 years here establishing us as a mid to top half team and then he''s got the Man Yoo job if he wants it.

[quote user="HernanCrespo"]Di canio is getting the job. Bizarre decision if you ask me. He''s mental. Least he could fire them up I suppose. Never managed higher than league 1. Surely they had more hope under o`Neill.[/quote]

I dont think it is mad at all. I think the decision is about who can go in there and shake up the players. Sunderland need three wins. That''s it. Who else, who is currently not in a job is more likely to have such an immediate reaction?

Next week, if we lose to Swansea, our board will be faced with a similar decision. McNally will be eyeing his bonus and thinking how loyal can we afford to be?

Yesterday was only the 3rd loss in the last 10 games with the others being to Liverpool and Man U away. I don''t think I''d be booting CH out just yet. Turn 1 or 2 of those draws into a win and we''re done

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21990117Di Canio set for talks. Sounds like a massive gamble. Hopefully he''ll explode, the players will mutiny and go down :D

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21990117Di Canio set for talks. Sounds like a massive gamble. Hopefully he''ll explode, the players will mutiny and go down :D[/quote]

We can but hope, if that happens we will be safe.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I said it in June and still stand by it, GUS POYET. He wouldve been brilliant with set of players he inherited. Would have been continuity from PL just like Laudrup - Rogers.....

[/quote]

You realise Poyet plays one up front too?

MUTINY!!!

[quote user="Olly"][quote user="can u sit down please"]I said it in June and still stand by it, GUS POYET. He wouldve been brilliant with set of players he inherited. Would have been continuity from PL just like Laudrup - Rogers.....

[/quote]

You realise Poyet plays one up front too?

MUTINY!!![/quote]At present they only have one fit and available forward but for the majority of the season have played 2. Mackail-Smith (29), Barnes (31) and Ulloa (11).I dont mind 1 up front, if you give the midfield license its irrelevant. Unfortuantely our midfield are very cautious!