Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

The slippery exit route for Holt

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-transfer-news-grant-holt-1794160?

If he''s going to leave, please could he do it in a more dignified manner than Lamberts exit.

Holt, you''re a long time retired and you might want to come back to NCFC as an ambassador or something one day. See what reception Hucks and Ewan gets even now.

Holt, you''ve done good for Norwich and Norwich has done good for you. Don''t blow it.

I see no quote from Holt here, so cannot believe that this is his actual thoughts.I think it is fair to say that he is dropping down the pecking order at the moment, over the last few weeks he has cut a frustrated figure on the pitch, struggling with his lack of goals and the results of the team. There is no doubt in my mind that he is passionate about the team and his own performances and is finding himself in a position that he has never been in at City - where will he go from here? I genuinely don''t know.  The exit door does seem to be an easy option, but we will see.

"Grant Holt reckons he is being forced out of Norwich to make way for new signings"

Funnily enough there seems to be no quotes pertaining to the headline from GH himself.

Holty has been destroyed by our style of play, no striker would do well in our team and the responsibility for that lies with Hughton.

The sad thing is that players like Pilks and Bennett have suffered the same fate and have forgotten how to go forward. What a disgrace!

You really don''t have to do this to yourself again, Wiz. There''s no need.

[quote user="Stig"]You really don''t have to do this to yourself again, Wiz. There''s no need.[/quote]

I never hide behind another username Stig...........never![:|]

And he''s back in his actual guise. Tell me Wiz, what brought you back? Was it the fact you had something to moan about?

And he''s back in his actual guise. Tell me Wiz, what brought you back? Was it the fact you had something to moan about?
[This post was a duplicate?! This happens that often...]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Stig"]You really don''t have to do this to yourself again, Wiz. There''s no need.[/quote]

I never hide behind another username Stig...........never![:|]

[/quote]

Shouldn''t you be on a Swansea messageboard telling them the views of Norwich fans about the next game ? [;)]

[quote user="Stig"]And he''s back in his actual guise. Tell me Wiz, what brought you back? Was it the fact you had something to moan about?

[This post was a duplicate?! This happens that often...]

[/quote]

No Stig,  nothing like that, its just being accused of posting under another name, something I never, ever do. But fear not, I won''t be making a habit of posting much.............lurking is far more fun.[;)]

While you are here Wiz i wonder what your mates on the Villa forum make of this afternoon''s defeat ? Oh nearly forgot what about the Brighton forum and their thoughts on not signing  Jackson ? [:D]

terrible journalism as always from the best place for sports news...

It might be just speculation, but if we still have interest in Hooper, a swap (plus cash) deal could be an ideal solution for all interested parties.

Holt has proved why three years was too much. I do not have a problem with more cash.

It was the extension of that contract. We needed replacements last summer and holty to be competing for a starting spot.

His numbers were going to drop this year whatever as defensive groups had now some homework on holty. He has done marvellous things at this club and he always was going to be a good striker he had great pedigree at forest and he lived up to it. The problem is age catches up with you and the extension of the contract was a sign that a 31 year old player thought he. Could get another 3 years.

Right now we have becchio, rvw guaranteed for next summer, I expect a new striker to come in for a few million as we need to bolster this group. Holt is the key, I do not think for all parties it is good if he stays. A number of fans have made there mind up that he isn''t the player he was and that his mind is elsewhere. Unfortunately that is sticking with him now and the best way to walk away would be this summer after securing premiership football. I can see the hooper story with a little leg to it, but for Celtic are they getting a good deal? I think they would want someone with a few more years in them.

If holty goes we will have possibly hooper and the move for kk to come off the bench of becchio to come from the bench. If holty stays then these conversations will remain. He certainly will not be starting and will be unhappy. His cameos recently have been nothing more than pointless following his goal against Everton. Being offside, fouling defenders, getting yellow cards. His penalty miss is beginning to haunt us, as we knew it would.

So I don''t think there is a slippery slope if we stay up and he leaves in the summer, I think all can save face with that move. If he stays for another year I wonder if it will be beneficial to the group. I would think there would be grumbles and fans would also continue this debate.

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]I think he''ll be part of a Hooper swap. [/quote]

I really dont want this for both reasons that I dont want to see Holt leave and I dont think Hooper is as good as made out.  Holts contribution can be as valuable next season just not as an automatic first team starter.  I suspect Holt will be happier to play a support role than say Malky a few years ago.

Holt for Hooper???if Neil Lennon agrees to this im going to personally drive up to Glasgow and sell him sky hooks, rainbow paint and a pink elephant.... Biggest mug out there if he swaps holt for hooper!If we want Hoops it will cost Cash, Holt''s days at the top are over...