Sign in to follow this  
NCFC TIll I die

Swansea predictions

I predict we''ll be out scored, if it does indeed turn into another one of those games. Depends who we do/don''t have back really. If we''re back up to strength, then maybe we won''t be outscored. I just don''t know anymore....

We have to win because we have arsenal after and we will get nothing there. We can''t afford 0 or 1 point out of Wigan, Swansea and arsenal. Gotta win our home games and get away point at stoke.

The pressure is more onus in this game than it has been for a long time. Not exactly a must win game but getting very close to it. fail to win this and the Reading game could easily  decide our future. I dont fancy us against Villa andwe do not do that well against WBA at home. Its all about which Swansea side turn up they could blast us away or be thinking of their holidays,safe and with a cup in the bag

I think Hughton will be feeling a mix of frustration and worry at us going from what, 9 points clear to 4 while picking up only one win in the space of about 10 games (not sure how long at it was that we had a 9 point gap). Conceding in a game we deserved a point in, an unlucky point at Sunderland, after failing to get the win after being given a last min penalty. Three results in which we won 2 points, that should/very easily could have been 7.

He knows a draw won''t be enough against Swansea, so do the players. I also think McNally might start having a word with him,about our form and some of our style of play (which I still don''t think is half as bad as many make it out to be). We''ve been in a position for months before yesterday to be easily safe, now without a couple of wins against Swansea and Reading we are in huge danger of going down unless Reading,, Sunderland and one other pick up very few points.

Anyway, with that in mind, 3-0 win.

Swansea are on an even worse run than us and that''s saying something, they will be looking for a bit of payback from the last game. Two poor sides and a probable draw.

I think we underestimate Swansea at our peril. Play for the draw, play deep and they''ll out score us. We lack confidence in the final third. Indeed, we look like a team unlikely to win football matches at the moment. As some of us have been saying for a while - we''re now a team playing under tremendous relegation pressure, on a dismal run and looking very much down rather than up. Let''s hope it''s down but not out. We''ll have to wait to the Reading match to call that.

1-0 Swansea - there isn''t much to be positive about right now. But obviously hope i''m wrong and we win

[quote user="HernanCrespo"]We have to win because we have arsenal after and we will get nothing there. We can''t afford 0 or 1 point out of Wigan, Swansea and arsenal. Gotta win our home games and get away point at stoke.[/quote]

That''ll give us 47 points. Should just about be enough but you never know....

I think that the best we can hope for is 1-1, for the simople reason that I can''t see us scoring more than one. Swansea are a little like us, having lost some momentum recently, so I don''t expect them to stuff three or four past us.

I do expect Swansea to win, however, unless drastic changes are made, to personel, formation and tactics.

[quote user="Salopian"]

I do expect Swansea to win, however, unless drastic changes are made, to personel, formation and tactics.

[/quote]

Salopian - do you seen any likelihood of any of the ''drastic changes'' you suggest?

it will be an open game and lots of goals.   

Swansea are on an even worse run than us,  having got safety and a european spot they seem to have shut down for the summer.  They have lost the last 3 and are below us in the form table for the last 3 & 6 games (no we are not bottom,  but have the same 4 below us in each set,  the others being Stoke Sunderland and Reading (add wigan and Villa it shows how hard it will be for 4 of the 6 clubs below us to catch and overtake us in 7 games.)

Anyway - we always seem to be the team to break other sides losing runs - so a 3-3 draw for me...

[quote user="Highland Canary"][quote user="Salopian"]

[/quote] Salopian - do you seen any likelihood of any of the ''drastic changes'' you suggest?[/quote]

What "drastic changes to personel" would you two like to see?

Nigel - unfortunately, the tactics employed have led to the loss of confidence, belief and momentum, especially in the final third, that are evident I think even to those proponents of our current tactics. Very hard for City to recover from this position, football breeds on confidence, we have none. So, I see a maximum of 4 points coming our way before the season''s end (I predict 38) - the question is will there be three teams with fewer than that. I think not but Reading will be the defining match.

Looking at my pre-season predictor, I have a 1-1 draw. However we have a really good home record against them so a win is more than likely.2-1But no need to panic if it''s only a draw.

1-1norwich will score early, then due to the manager being a complete coward/pu55y/w@nk3r (delete as applicable) will try and defend that 1 nil lead for the rest of the game leading to an inevitable equaliser around 65 minutes which will then see them barely manage to hang on for a point whilst they get bombarded for the last 25 minutes

hughton will then of course remind everyone the league cup winners are a very good team, will be playing in europe next season, and have some real quality individuals and that a point is a good result

i wish i was joking :(