Sign in to follow this  
zemas tendon

Why Is It

That all the teams below us, seem to play fluid attacking football, creating chances, though some may not win, ie Villa, Surely RVW will need better service, feel sorry for Holt, nothing to with second season syndrome, thinj Van Persie would struggle with our style of play!!

And as a supplementary question why is it that the clubs are below us depsite seeming to play fluid attacking football, creating chances?

One answer for me is that we are much hard to beat.

Well I didn''t see much difference between Villa''s performance at home to Liverpool and our performance at home to Liverpool. Did you see Villa''s performance at home to Spurs? They got tonked 4-0 if I remember rightly. I think I maybe cherry picking the games to compare but then aren''t we all?

the only truly fair way to compare teams is in some kind of league table put together after every team has played every other team (home and away).

It depends on the opposition to be fair, but Wigan were there for the taking, it was embarrassing to be set up so defensive - and we got what we deserved - nothing.

We''ve seen earlier in the season we have enough in attack to play well and score goals - we just need to get that back

We weren''t set up defensive. Or playing defensive football against Wigan. We were just rubbish in the final third.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]We weren''t set up defensive. Or playing defensive football against Wigan. We were just rubbish in the final third.[/quote]We created very little. And when we do attack there are so few options.  Bennett was especially poor.  First half we matched Wigan.  We gave away the ball far too often in the second period.  Wigan had plenty of good chances, and deserved the goal when it came.This season we have scored 10 goals in 15 games against the bottom half.... but only conceded 10 in 15.