Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

The Championship relegation battle

Even crazier than the Prem.Looks like a dozen or more in serious bother. I can''t remember ever seeing it so close.

Glad you did this Rickyyyyyyy. I was going to but it would have immediately been removed to other football.

50 points used to be accepted as safe but It doesn''t look like being this year. The binners have 50 points but all the sides on 47 have a game in hand. Derby away for them on Saturday and Derby are going well. A defeat could put them right back in the mix.

Where''s bluemike these days?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]Must be the most competitive league in the world?[/quote]You certainly can''t fault it for competitiveness. Some on here would rather be in that league on a promotion push than be on a hard slog in the Prem.1p5wich by no means safe yet and judging by the current table it may require as many as 56 points to be safe. Normally 50/51 is plenty enough.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Glad you did this Rickyyyyyyy. I was going to but it would have immediately been removed to other football.

50 points used to be accepted as safe but It doesn''t look like being this year. The binners have 50 points but all the sides on 47 have a game in hand. Derby away for them on Saturday and Derby are going well. A defeat could put them right back in the mix.

[/quote]I didn''t realise it was all so tight. I watched the Leeds Derby game and had a look on WACCOE to gauge the mood. They don''t feel safe even on 52 points. Derby looked well worth their victory and Chris Martin showed up well.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

It''s just a shame the scum are going to finish in their customary postion of about 19th

[/quote]

That''s not a shame, that means we''ll get the local derby back next season.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

It''s just a shame the scum are going to finish in their customary postion of about 19th

[/quote]

That''s not a shame, that means we''ll get the local derby back next season.

[/quote]There''s a silver lining to every cloud.[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I didn''t realise it was all so tight. I watched the Leeds Derby game and had a look on WACCOE to gauge the mood. They don''t feel safe even on 52 points. Derby looked well worth their victory and Chris Martin showed up well.
[/quote]

He did. He frustrated first half but he was a real handful in the second. He won them the penalty that got them back in it. But even in the second half he often lost the ball cheaply. That performance summed up Chris Martin for me and on that performance he can definitely play at Championship level which makes him a very good player.