Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Worst attacking team in the league

We are without a doubt the worst team in the final third of the pitch in the league.

We have the cutting edge of a plastic spoon. Bennett is nowhere near good enough for the prem, pilks is so hit and miss. We miss tetty breaking things up and getting forward.

We never play 4-4-2 at home never attack teams with any pace it''s always slow the ball down and put a hopeful cross in.

Defence is solid enough and all the bollocks of dropping Martin for Whitaker is nonsense. Martin has been our leader and best player over last dozen games.

We have to start with two of holt, kamara and becchio on Saturday. Play wes in behind and play the diamond with Johnson at the top and tetty and snodgrass in centre.

I am a big fan of hughton but one win in 14 doesn''t lie and managers have been sacked for a lot less

I would love to see a return of the diamond this saturday, play to our strenghts ie get hoolahan on the ball as much as possible and give him options, But there is no chance of that.

Also the people saying that one more win and we could be 10th, well one more defeat we could be one point above the relegation zone

[quote user="Paul"]Also the people saying that one more win and we could be 10th, well one more defeat we could be one point above the relegation zone[/quote]What happens if it''s one more draw?

Sooner or later, although later is probably not an option anymore, we have to try to win games by a method other than by hoping to sneak a goal with the odd breakaway or set piece. At some stage in the next 7 games we will have to go for goals & hope that we can score more than the opposition.And if we don''t win on Saturday Hughton will be forced into a corner and he will have to throw caution to the wind for the remaining 6 games. The sad thing is that if we had adpoted a more positive attitude 3 months ago then we might not be in the situation we are in now.Since that 10 game unbeaten run, we should have had a more attacking attitude in games against WBA (a), West Ham (a), Newcastle (h), QPR (a), Fulham (h), Southampton (h) and Wigan (a) - all games that were there for the winning with the right tactics.

people on this message board will tell us that nobody plays 442 anymore and that its outdated. Whilst that maybe true ,those other sides playing a 451,433,4411 whichever you want to call it ,have far more goals from midfield than us.

Tettey and Johnson cant shoot let alone score, Howson doesnt get advanced enough, Snodgrass doesn''t score from open play,Hoolahan has 3? all season, Bennett doesnt score, Pilkington can but has been injured a lot.

Therefore...unlike those other sides, we need to do something different.....If that means commit another man up front ,so be it

I''m sorry GJL did you see Tettey''s first shot in a Norwich shirt?.. Agree about Johnson tho, he loves a shot from outside the box but the shot doesn''t like him.

Did you go go WBA away Making Plans? We were superb in the first half only for them to get a dodgy goal before the break. Second half we were shocking but I believe it was the belief that our luck had changed with that goal that has ruined the rest of the season. If we''d have hung on in that game I think we''d be very comfy right now.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]I''m sorry GJL did you see Tettey''s first shot in a Norwich shirt?.. Agree about Johnson tho, he loves a shot from outside the box but the shot doesn''t like him.[/quote]

yes, I saw it.........I''ve also seen all of his attempts on goal since

The only reason we lost the game at West Brom was Hughton the game was in the balance at 1-1 Hughton went with 1 forward Clarke went with 4. Fortune favours the brave.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]I''m sorry GJL did you see Tettey''s first shot in a Norwich shirt?.. Agree about Johnson tho, he loves a shot from outside the box but the shot doesn''t like him.[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you this miserable away from here GeeJay? You never seem to want to see any positives whatsoever about our club. We picked up loads of points with Tettey and Johnson in midfield. Those two allow Wes to play off Holty. Johnson has also contributed some brilliant attacking play. I take it you wouldn''t play those two. Yet they have both comfortably out performed Howson. So who would you play?

[quote user="Hannibal II"]The only reason we lost the game at West Brom was Hughton the game was in the balance at 1-1 Hughton went with 1 forward Clarke went with 4. Fortune favours the brave.[/quote]

Blimey! What with the crap players and crap manager I''m not surprised we''ve been in the relegation places all season...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Are you this miserable away from here GeeJay? You never seem to want to see any positives whatsoever about our club. We picked up loads of points with Tettey and Johnson in midfield. Those two allow Wes to play off Holty. Johnson has also contributed some brilliant attacking play. I take it you wouldn''t play those two. Yet they have both comfortably out performed Howson. So who would you play?

[/quote]

if I seem a little miserable it is because, I don''t currently enjoy watching the club I support, particularly away from home.....which is probably the hardest thing for any fan to admit,

I drove to Wigan on Saturday where I witnessed our team not test a keeper of a bottom 3 team ,who hadnt kept a clean sheet at home all season, when I believe that by playing a different style/personnel would have given us a better chance of doing that.

That''s fair enough GeeJay.. I never get like that. I always enjoy going to the football. Regardless of the result or performance it''s my choice to go. If I preferred to do something else I''d do it. I think a lot of the wailing this season is unjustified. Especially for fans who spent money following the club all over the country 2006-2009. I didn''t go to Wigan but I went to Wolves in 2007. I can''t believe Wigan was worse than that. The football I''ve seen this season has been head and shoulders above anything I saw back then. If you or anyone else are expecting to see the last three seasons repeated indefinetely then I think you are in for a rude awakening. Likewise if us older fans are now expecting us to become an established top flight side like we were in the late 80s/early 90s then we will be disappointed. Avoiding relegation, the odd victory against the top sides and a few cup runs are what I''d call realistic expectations. What do you think?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s fair enough GeeJay.. I never get like that. I always enjoy going to the football. Regardless of the result or performance it''s my choice to go. If I preferred to do something else I''d do it. I think a lot of the wailing this season is unjustified. Especially for fans who spent money following the club all over the country 2006-2009. I didn''t go to Wigan but I went to Wolves in 2007. I can''t believe Wigan was worse than that. The football I''ve seen this season has been head and shoulders above anything I saw back then. If you or anyone else are expecting to see the last three seasons repeated indefinetely then I think you are in for a rude awakening. Likewise if us older fans are now expecting us to become an established top flight side like we were in the late 80s/early 90s then we will be disappointed. Avoiding relegation, the odd victory against the top sides and a few cup runs are what I''d call realistic expectations. What do you think?

[/quote]

all I can ask is that if we are going to lose a game, I''d rather we lose having gone for it ourselves....on Saturday I don''t believe we did that?

On Saturday we didn''t do anything in particular.

Wigan didn''t even, but they had one chance and scored it.

We had no chances and scored none.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Did you go go WBA away Making Plans? We were superb in the first half only for them to get a dodgy goal before the break. Second half we were shocking but I believe it was the belief that our luck had changed with that goal that has ruined the rest of the season. If we''d have hung on in that game I think we''d be very comfy right now.[/quote]No I didn''t go but I watched it. I agree with what you say about the first half but our tactics were wrong in the second half - we tried to settle for a 1-1 & it didn''t work. If we had had a positive attitude we might have won the game or at least got a point. Anyway, whichever way you look at that game it doesn''t change the overall point that I was making - we''ve had plenty of games when we could have given it a go but now we''ve got a few remaining games when we have no choice but to give it a go.