Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

BBC Football predictor....

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Not sure if any of you listened to the Monday Night Club on Radio 5 last night, but they had Motty, Claridge and a journo predict the rest of the season. NONE of them had us going down, NONE of them had us finishing lower than 12th...which perfectly sums up our negative fan base.  Claridge and Motty had Villa, Reading, QPR and the journo had Wigan, Reading, QPR (if I remember correctly).

WE HAVE NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT.[/quote]

There''s nothing negative at looking at possible scenarios for the run in to the end of the season.   With Wigan picking up points its going to be a battle to stay up for the bottom ten clubs.   QPR and Reading may well not make it but that third spot is not cut and dried.   "We have nothing to worry about" sounds a bit complacent if you ask me.  I hope the team aren''t thinking like you. 

The easiest way to stop all of this knicker wetting is to beat Wigan.  Do that and we are safe. 

Even a draw against Wigan maintains the gap with another game less to play.

After they play us Wigan have 4 away games in a row, 3 of them in the league.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

The easiest way to stop all of this knicker wetting is to beat Wigan.  Do that and we are safe. Even a draw against Wigan maintains the gap with another game less to play.  After they play us Wigan have 4 away games in a row, 3 of them in the league.

[/quote]

It strikes me that those that are so vocal in their desire to say "we''re safe" are the ones with the problem, not the people who are discussing the possible outcomes of different matches.

[quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

The easiest way to stop all of this knicker wetting is to beat Wigan.  Do that and we are safe. Even a draw against Wigan maintains the gap with another game less to play.  After they play us Wigan have 4 away games in a row, 3 of them in the league.

[/quote]

It strikes me that those that are so vocal in their desire to say "we''re safe" are the ones with the problem, not the people who are discussing the possible outcomes of different matches.

[/quote]Hilarious.  I have no ''problem'' apart from confidence in our side and manager to comfortably steer us clear of relegation.

I''ve never looked at the prediction thing before but thought i''d have a go as i''m off work sick atm.

Tried to be as realistic as possible with our games(which isn''t easy) and came up with us finishing in

12th place with 41points. With Reading and QPR being relegated quite comfortably and the third team

being Sunderland relegated with 37points(incidently Villa escaping the drop on goal difference).

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Reading 24points

Wigan, Norwich 38 points (up from 37 points)

Villa, Sunderland 41 points

QPR, Southampton, Stoke 42 points[/quote]

Southampton and Wigan both performing above my expectations. Sunderland''s managerial travails may help us. QPR we see this evening.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]I did the predictor a couple of times earlier and got 34 to 36 points being enough to stay up.[/quote]I doubt 36 will be enough. More likely 38 but it can all change very quickly as the games run out.

As mark Lawrenson shows, any fool can predict the results of games but it requires being a particularly lucky fool to predict them correctly.

If we don''t get 6 points in the last 7 games we deserve to go down.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]As mark Lawrenson shows, any fool can predict the results of games but it requires being a particularly lucky fool to predict them correctly.

If we don''t get 6 points in the last 7 games we deserve to go down.[/quote]6 or 7 might still be enough but 3 or 4 might not.Personally I''m happy to stick with my pre-season forecast of 43 points. It won''t be more than a couple of points out either way.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I still have us finishing on 29 points.[/quote]Now I''m worried.

Clearly I''m not an exceptional fool as my fist prediction went wrong.

Who''d have thought QPR could defend that badly in the first half and then not fully capitalise in the second...

This whole predictor thing is a pile of pants - none of us will get it right, odd results will happen at this time of the season but some still seem to convince themselves they are going to be spot-on. One thing I don''t understand was why so many were convinced QPR would ''do'' Fulham tonight, that for me was a home banker if ever there was one! Let''s hope they can still turn Wigan over while we are beating Swans to get that 7pt barrier back...that is my prediction, fwiw, anyway.

this is the result of my latest effort (to prove a point to myself as much as anything)

14 Swansea 49

15 S''land 49

16 So''ton 49

17 Stoke 49

18 Norwich 49

19 QPR 32

20 Reading 32