Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

BBC Football predictor....

Just done it (bored)Got us finishing 11th on 42 points,not been stupid with predictions.bottom 3 Reading 25 points Wigan 31 and QPR with 32 Settle for that THANK YOU !!!

Wigan have 4 home games left against Ourselves, Spurs, Swansea and Villa, ad away games against QPR, Man City, West Brom, West Ham and Arsenal. I can''t see them winning many of those games.

On my predictor I had

11. Norwich 43 Pts

17. QPR 37

18. Villa 36

19. Wigan 32

20. Reading 29

Think I may have over done the QPR results and for us we had 2 wins (Reading and Villa both at home.) 3 draws (Wigan away WBA and Swansea home) and 3 losses (Stoke Man City and Arsenal all away.)

A reasonable haul

I''m not sure we''ll get much over 40 points this season, but I don''t think we''ll need to. QPR''s run of form may turn to struggle again after defeat at Villa - and Wigan have 2 games in hand, but also have the cup game(s) in mind. Reading are as good as down for me.

I did it in the style of Highland Canary and we were relegated with 34 points. And we were lucky to get that many!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I did it in the style of Highland Canary and we were relegated with 34 points. And we were lucky to get that many!

[/quote]You clearly didn''t press the button marked "Deduct ten points for going into administration".

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You clearly didn''t press the button marked "Deduct ten points for going into administration".
[/quote]

Didn''t see it. Neither could I find the button for both teams winning when the 8 teams beneath us play eachother..

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Reading 24points

Wigan, Norwich 38 points (up from 37 points)

Villa, Sunderland 41 points

QPR, Southampton, Stoke 42 points[/quote]You live in a strange world HC. QPR 42 LOL.If QPR Get more than 34PTS  I''ll eat my underpants in the centre circle. Absolutely no chance on earth.City will get over 40 points and at least 5 other teams won''t.

QPR, Southampton, Stoke 42 points[/quote]

As a matter of (mild) interest, Highland, where did those 19 out 24 points come from for QPR?

Home: Wigan, Stoke, Arsenal, Newcastle

Away: Fulham, Everton, Reading, Liverpool.

"As a matter of (mild) interest, Highland, where did those 19 out 24 points come from for QPR?

Home: Wigan, Stoke, Arsenal, Newcastle

Away: Fulham, Everton, Reading, Liverpool. "

I would hazard a guess that he expects six wins, one draw and one defeat. Presumably the draw and loss will be split between Arsenal and Liverpool leaving the mighty QPR to beat Wigan, Stoke, Newcastle, Fulham, Everton and Reading.

If the rest of the season is anything to go by, QPR will beat Liverpool & Arsenal & lose to Reading & Wigan etc. Individual results have been all over the place.

But on AVERAGE QPR are pants. Hence their position - & all the others (including us). To expect all the other teams below us to suddenly discover consistently excellent form is as near to impossible as makes no difference. As is our getting beaten all the time.

I''m with Ricardo on this one.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Highland Canary"]Reading 24points Wigan, Norwich 38 points (up from 37 points) Villa, Sunderland 41 points QPR, Southampton, Stoke 42 points[/quote]

If QPR Get more than 34PTS  I''ll eat my underpants in the centre circle. Absolutely no chance on earth.

[/quote]

Brilliant! You should be held to that ricardo! I find the only thing i wish for more than that ARS'' relegation is our own safety.

But looking at it objectively (which i find hard without twitching) Redknapp has stabilised them, (they''re 8th on 2013 form) and found his best team out of the players he has assembled, which offers a threat going forward and some solidity compared to what he inherited. Given their run in, i think they certainly have it in them to get to 34. Whether that will be enough, i''m not so sure. Zamora is a key influencing factor who is fulcrum for their attacks. He''s a bit like a player on Championship manager who you keep having to play every week eventhough his fitness level drops 10% with every game. Redknapp will be strapping him up and sending him out on crutches by the middle of April.

i am not sure how anyone can predict anything but doom for Sunderland. i reckon if they get more than 4 more points it will be because Foy has been reffing them again.

QPR, Southampton, Stoke 42 points[/quote]

Awww look what you done! You just made me burst laugh my coffee all over my new shirt!

Seriously, QPR 42 points? Really? No, I mean, you''re not lying? Ah must be your fingers crossed, no?

Man you are one deluded fool. They currently stand on 23 points - 19 off your target with 8 games left to play.

That is 19 out of 24 of the remaining points left to play and represents a better run than any of the teams from 10th down have had all season. Where for the love of God are they going to suddenly pull that sort of form from? ''Arry''s lucky underpants?

The actual easiest thing to do is just predict our own results:

Wigan - draw, one point.

Swansea - I think a draw but lets say for the pessemists a loss. Nil points.

Arsenal - loss, nil points.

Reading - victory, three points.

Stoke - draw, one point.

Aston Villa - win, three points.

West brom - draw, one point.

Man city - loss, nil points.

That is a total of: 8 points which puts us on 41 points and safe. For those wanting to know the result of my score predictor that put us on 11th behind Fulham on goal difference.

I think West Ham are a team to keep an eye on in terms of a slide.

But to be honest I focused mainly on our games as the reality is the more points we get and the quicker then the less we need to worry about other results. A win Vs Wigan and I think that should put a lot of peoples views out the window. The gap would open up to ten points with eight games for them to go. They would have to win four of those games, HAVE TO. And rely on us loosing four of ours.

I did this last week, and put Villa to beat QPR and us to get a point at the SOL wigan to beat Newcastle but Southampton to get beat by Liverpool. We ended with 40 points with Reading, QPR and Wigan going down. then Sunderland then us.

We were safe with 2 games to go.

"The actual easiest thing to do is just predict our own results:

Wigan - draw, one point.

Stoke - draw, one point.

That is a total of: 8 points which puts us on 41 points and safe. For those wanting to know the result of my score predictor that put us on 11th behind Fulham on goal difference."

Whist I agree with your sentiments. two wins and three draws would be 9 points? and leave us on 43?

For us, 43 points looks to be the sensible benchmark. I can''t see it being any more than a couple of points either side of that.QPR and Reading are already dead, neither will get to the 34 point mark we are already at.Villa, Sunderland, Southampton, Wigan, West Ham won''t all get as far as 40 points. Depending upon how the games fall when they play each other then it''s possible that a couple will. What you can bank on however is that there are at least 5 teams won''t get to 40 points.

[quote user="Phyxius"]"The actual easiest thing to do is just predict our own results:

Wigan - draw, one point.

Stoke - draw, one point.

That is a total of: 8 points which puts us on 41 points and safe. For those wanting to know the result of my score predictor that put us on 11th behind Fulham on goal difference."

Whist I agree with your sentiments. two wins and three draws would be 9 points? and leave us on 43?[/quote]

Yeah, typing on the fly, and recovering after my coffee spill moment. You are of course right.

Nutty is spot on.

Even if we were to only get two wins, we''d still be good.

I''m still chuckling at someone thinking QPR will get 40+ points. Funny one that.

QPR, Southampton, Stoke 42 points[/quote] I think a few other people have mentioned the crazy points total you''ve got QPR on but also- Sunderland on 41? They failed to beat a Norwich team that you think will only pick up four more points this season when we had ten men and yet you think they will pick up 10 more points?

[quote user="king canary"]Sunderland on 41? They failed to beat a Norwich team that you think will only pick up four more points this season when we had ten men and yet you think they will pick up 10 more points?[/quote]Can''t see them picking up more than three points from their awful run in they might well be the team to save Wigan and Villas bacon.

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="king canary"]Sunderland on 41? They failed to beat a Norwich team that you think will only pick up four more points this season when we had ten men and yet you think they will pick up 10 more points?[/quote]Can''t see them picking up more than three points from their awful run in they might well be the team to save Wigan and Villas bacon.[/quote]I think it all lies in the Newcastle game for them- a morale boosting win in a local derby could spur them on but I cant see them getting anything from the next two games and that could easily see them in or even closer to the bottom three than they are now.

Not sure if any of you listened to the Monday Night Club on Radio 5 last night, but they had Motty, Claridge and a journo predict the rest of the season.NONE of them had us going down, NONE of them had us finishing lower than 12th...which perfectly sums up our negative fan base.Claridge and Motty had Villa, Reading, QPR and the journo had Wigan, Reading, QPR (if I remember correctly).

WE HAVE NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Hope i am wrong  bottom Reading 23 pts QPR 32 pts Norwich 38 West ham 38 Sunderland 38 Wigan 39 Stoke 39 Norwich relegated on GD[/quote]LOL, try it again using your brain as a guide rather than your rectum.[;)]

No need to be rude judging by your normal posts it is out of character. 38 points is pretty close to what many others are putting us on 1 win and 1 draw. I hope this is worst case scenario. I suspect there may only be about 2 points between 18th and about 4 other clubs. We may regret our occassional thrashings as we have one of the worst GDs of this group and as of yet we have not won a game by more than 1 goal.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Hope i am wrong  bottom Reading 23 pts QPR 32 pts Norwich 38 West ham 38 Sunderland 38 Wigan 39 Stoke 39 Norwich relegated on GD[/quote]You must surely get an invite to the "relegation party" wich is being held at the Compleat Angler immediately after the Man City game. Guests of honour include ''highland canary'', ''zemas abbey'', and ''lincoln canary''. "Told you so" T-shirts will be on sale at the gate. Tickets available from Marcus Evans ticket agency.

I don''t see enough of our game to judge how many points we will get, but I think there is a fair chance this year that someone will finish in 18th with a points total in the high 30s, so 40 would be needed for safety with a small margin of error.

Reading and QPR will not overtake us. Indeed they will not get beyond the mid-30s at best.

Of the other teams below us I would be surprised if Newcastle (unless totally distracted by Europe) don''t get at least to 40, from their current 33. Ditto West Ham.

Southampton, on 31, have winnable games against West Ham, WBA, Stoke, Reading, Swansea and Sunderland. Only two wins and two draws gets them to 39. More than possible. Perhaps even a bit on the cautious side, given that they have beaten Man City and Liverpool.

If Wigan - who have been here before, such as last season, when they looked doomed at this point - keep having the luck they had on Sunday then they could easily get close to 40. All four of their home games (Norwich, Swansea, Spurs and Villa) are very winnable, as is the away game with QPR. Three wins and some draws gets them from 27 to 38 or 39.

Difficult to assesss Villa, on 30 points, but with a lousy goal difference. Winnable home games against Fulham and Sunderland, and given Liverpool''s variable form even that game is a possible. Plus a winnable away game with Norwich. Two wins and two draws get them to 38.

Also difficult to assess are Sunderland. On 31 but without one obviously winnable game the rest of the season, given how badly they are playing. They could easily end up with one win and a couple of draws, and finish on 36. But somehow get two wins and they are in the high 30s as well.