If you think we''ll beat Reading, then we''ll get more than 4 points.

Why, when we''ve lost what 3 games at home all season, one of which was a Bassong missing game which we know are all terrible. And we play Swansea, a team we''ve done pretty well against, WBA and Villa. No reason why we won''t go unbeaten in those four games.

I expect Hughton will be very disappointed in the last three results, essentially 5 points lost when you look at the missed penalty, failure to be awarded a penalty against Sunderland and the being as good, if not better than Wigan for 3/4 of the game. And I expect he will make 2/3 maybe even 4 changes to the starting line up against Swansea, and we''ll go out there and look like a new side and smash them.

Yet another whinging, moaning, boring thread that says nothing different to the dozen or so whinging, moaning, boring threads that sit on the front page of this forum.

Can we not merge them all into one big whinging, moaning, boring thread because obviously the whinging, boring moaners each think that their whinging, boring and moaning thread is somehow something completely new and different to all the whinging, boring and moaning threads that already exist?

We didn''t fail against Sunderland. I think that was a good point in the end.

Those are away games.

I''m not talking about away games. We haven''t lost a home game in 2013, we play a team we do well against. A team all but down. Villa who we will not want to lose to after embarrassing cup game, and WBA who we did ok against away from home.

No reason what so ever to assume we''ll lose any of those games. Of course we could.

Goals, well they could come from anywhere. Someone is due a little spurt. It might seem unlikely, and we could just rely on 4/5 0-0s, maybe sneak a 1-0. An early goal against Swansea would be perfect. I think Hughton will be aiming for that, he knows fans are frustrated as i''m sure he is, and i''m sure all this week the focus will be on scoring against Swansea.

[quote user="Vanwink"]It''s us or Sunderland for the third spot[/quote]No it isn''t.[;)]

If you really think we''re going down, go put every penny you have on it at 14/1 with betvictor. You''ll be rich.

if you count being the better team with 10 men and picking up a point away from home a fail, your expectations are too high.

people seem to think we will go on a run of losing games. because ''1/15'' sounds terrible - and it honestly is - but of those how many have we lost?

I expect us to lose to arsenal and city, that is all. I reckon a point or 3 per game v swans, reading, wba, and villa.

you may call that happy clappy, but honestly, it is realism with a bit of optimism thrown in.

I think we will win 1 of our 4 home games, and draw the rest, that is not unrealistic for us at all. that''s at least 6 points. which will take us to 40 and that will be more than enough.

Thing is people on here get the wrong idea! We''re all city fans who want the team to be doing as well as possible. No one knows who will eventually go down, as football is one of the most unpredictable games in the world. But some people on here are just unrealistic and think the very thought of relegation is crazy and by suggesting we''re in danger of it means we should be supporting Ipswich. We''re only 4points off the bottom three in terrible form, the danger is very much there. So if someone brings up a post discussing the situation at hand don''t shoot them down as doom mongers and binners, everyone is entitled to their opinion, that''s what a forum is for!

Our current form is not good to say the least but we are still averaging 0.9 points a game.

Just continuing our current form would give 6 points from 7 games. That''s 40 points. Or to put it another way, enough.

What possible evidence is there for supposing our form will get worse? If it stays as it is then we will stay up.

Anyway, we have seven games less so by my maths, at best we could get 21 points.

It''s a question of risk assessment. Most of life is all about risk assessment.

I''m sorry, but the people who repeatedly go on about how we are x times more likely to go down than all the teams below us ARE pant wetters. They are so terrified they cannot see the situation objectively.

Yes, of course we could be relegated. But any sane calculation would tell you the chances are no more than about 10%. And, of course, 10% chances do happen.

What the terrified amongst us want is certainty. However, in footie, as in life, there is no certainty. Deal with it.

Now criticism of tactics, player choices, substitutions etc. is fine, but please have a little humility & temper your comments with a realistic view of your football managing skills vs. Chris Hughton''s.

It''s all a bit fraught at the mo, & I don''t know where the necessary points will come from, but they could come from any match (yes, even Man City). But who saw the win coming against Everton? And the draw at Sunderland was magnificent.

OTBC!

[quote user="ron obvious"]It''s a question of risk assessment. Most of life is all about risk assessment.

I''m sorry, but the people who repeatedly go on about how we are x times more likely to go down than all the teams below us ARE pant wetters. They are so terrified they cannot see the situation objectively.

Yes, of course we could be relegated. But any sane calculation would tell you the chances are no more than about 10%. And, of course, 10% chances do happen.

What the terrified amongst us want is certainty. However, in footie, as in life, there is no certainty. Deal with it.

Now criticism of tactics, player choices, substitutions etc. is fine, but please have a little humility & temper your comments with a realistic view of your football managing skills vs. Chris Hughton''s.

It''s all a bit fraught at the mo, & I don''t know where the necessary points will come from, but they could come from any match (yes, even Man City). But who saw the win coming against Everton? And the draw at Sunderland was magnificent.

OTBC![/quote]

The magnificent draw against Sunderland

We should have had a minimum of 4 points from our last 3 games. We got 1. Poor against those teams.

Points from Reading then where on current form?

Cannot go to Man City on the last day not already safe

Redknapp and Neville are saying that 37 points will be safety that''s one win or 3 draws from our last 7 gamesWe can do that with no problem !      

Sky Sports News have just confirmed that we have been relegated.

All possible calculations have been made and we definitely can''t get enough points to stay up. Apparently Grant Holt hasn''t helped by saving up his Weight Watchers points.

Don''t know why everyone is so upset, we won more games than we have this season when we got relegated to League 1, after all, that''s what keeps the fans happy.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Whilst these are worrying times we have got 34 points on te board, other teams still have to get them which can be hard as QPR found last night. We are nothing if not unpredicatable. I am confident we will get 4 points possibly more who they will come against is anyones guess , probably not the fixtures that we think

It''s very depressing to read the threads on the board at the moment. I am worried too, but try to be realistic. It''s football my friends, anything can happen! I thought we were crap saturday, but I''m sure CH will have been alarmed and he''ll do everything he can to get a result saturday. I think the confidence and positivity of some posters is over the top too. Just look at our run of results...at the moment we are not going to turn over any team in the league! May it be Reading or Man City, if you can''t score goals, you can''t win games. I''m keeping the faith and supporting my team...Even Ginger or LDC, or Ricardo, the positive posters here can''t fool me by saying they''re not worried!!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]If you think we''ll beat Reading, then we''ll get more than 4 points.

Why, when we''ve lost what 3 games at home all season, one of which was a Bassong missing game which we know are all terrible. And we play Swansea, a team we''ve done pretty well against, WBA and Villa. No reason why we won''t go unbeaten in those four games.

I expect Hughton will be very disappointed in the last three results, essentially 5 points lost when you look at the missed penalty, failure to be awarded a penalty against Sunderland and the being as good, if not better than Wigan for 3/4 of the game. And I expect he will make 2/3 maybe even 4 changes to the starting line up against Swansea, and we''ll go out there and look like a new side and smash them.[/quote]You are kidding yourself if you think AV will be easy and clearly did not see them against Liverpool. They are streets ahead of us with pace and strikers that actually strike!If it''s down to that match I am far from optimistic - Lambert has put his mark on this side and the match against NCFC will be right up his street. As it was when City played Colchester away!