Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

'still 16/1' to go down.....

May also get to Brentford - a required ground - as unfortunately I missed our 2009 defeat there. Early in the season and Lambert had just been appointed I think.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Herman "]Why would you bet on your own team to go down?[/quote]

££££££££££

[/quote]

Done it yet[:^)]

still wrestling with the morals of it ....but my main point is that these odds still seem generously high?, we were 20/1 before yestedays games.

Either the bookies are way off mark and this in an excuse to buy money or we are all worrying unduly?. All I know is that this morning it doesnt feel like we are 16 times more likely to stay up than go down.

Well don''t wrestle for too long. The odds could drop depending on todays results. They are unlikely to lengthen unless we win a game.

I actually find those odds quite reassuring. Having felt quietly confident most of the season in spite of everything, I started to worry quite a bit after going to Wigan yesterday. However, the bookies are not often wrong, and these are still relatively long odds considering the position we''re in. Although we''re still in amongst it, I''m happy to see that the people who make lots of money on these things seem to think we''ll most likely be safe.

Its a win win, If we stay up who cares if you have lost a few quid, if we go down you are quids in.

I think its between us and Sunderland for the last spot

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]I actually find those odds quite reassuring. Having felt quietly confident most of the season in spite of everything, I started to worry quite a bit after going to Wigan yesterday. However, the bookies are not often wrong, and these are still relatively long odds considering the position we''re in. Although we''re still in amongst it, I''m happy to see that the people who make lots of money on these things seem to think we''ll most likely be safe.[/quote]

the only place I looked for odds was the betfair exchange which dont truly reflect what bookies think

I just looked on Bet365. Odds are as follows:

Reading 1/25

QPR 1/6

S''land 15/8

Villa11/8

Wigan 2/1

Norwich 14/1

I''m still a bit nervous to be honest, but I think that, luckily for us, there are some pretty poor teams below us with difficult run ins.

There is a very old expression regarding bookies getting it wrong.........have you ever seen a bookie riding a bike ?

Funny really, lose to Swansea and Arsenal and I be the odds will be down to 3/1

Beat Swansea or Arsenal and we will be back to 20/1

It''s all a bit of a gamble really!

If you''re really worried take the bet, if we are relegated you get £140 (for a £10 bet) if we stay up, we stay up. no downsides...

Did anyone get the 16s? GeeJay??

The reason for ther odds shortening is that the 16s , 14s and 12s have been taken. But for those of you certain we will be relegated 10s is still a very attractive proposition. For every £100 you can find you will receive £1000 in return. In fact for posters who seriously believe we will go down odds of 1/2 would still be terrific value. Imagine being able to turn every £100 you could find into £150 without working for it!!