Sign in to follow this  
NorwichRat

Never felt so much anger.........

canaryfan68, could you provide a link please?

The only link I can find is this one:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-llambias-sacked-chris-hughton-1361574

& nowhere does it mention Hughton''s alleged negativity; the only complaint seems to be that he''s too nice a guy. (Echoed by the chairman).

I await with anticipation.

[quote user="Lavanche"]Hughton tried 4-4-2 in few games and we looked so much worse than with current tactic...[/quote]There are far more tactics to choose from than 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1.  Also the way you set your team up, how far up the pitch the defense plays, who is allowed to attack, etc etc.  Lambert very rarely set the team out as a straight 4-4-2.What is quite obvious is that we play to defend first and foremost, hoping that the front 4 players can create and score a goal. Beyond this we will only look to attack if we go behind.  It is a hold what you have strategy.  I also think the front players appear demoralised and have struggled badly, with their form declining as the season has progressed.[quote user="Lavanche"]Still Hoolahan is the player for us who always tries to make fast play and opens up opponents defence for those quick counters.[/quote]Quite telling given how deep we play is that we have not scored a single goal on the counter attack all season. I really like Hoolahan as a player, but given his position in the side, his goal return of 3 is slightly disappointing.  Then again, we create little as a side, so perhaps not surprising

Abc-please have a think about your answers before scribbling them down....you have given me a chuckle for the night.

I''d say under lambert our system was proving better than Swansea''s if they were more established in the championship and we only spent 1 season in the champioship. After all Leeds were more established in league 1 so does that mean their way was working better?

If you have any of your spare material please pass it my way over to Hereford, many thanks.

Regarding the lambert/villa debate, let''s wait and see where they finish at the end of the season. Lambert had a few extra weeks in post but took over a team that didn''t fair as well as what we did last season. Villa are on par from last season whereas we aren''t doing as well.

Yeh Hughton has every right to expect the players to perform but we have the right to expect to be set up to go out and win rather than be set up not to lose. If you want some more reading material have a look at the stats from this year, the wins and goals material. Also, how many times has Hughton really given our players more credit than what he''s given the opposition?

If you want to discuss it please come and chat otherwise I''d say stick to the novels you mentioned.

[quote user="canaryfan68"]Abc-please have a think about your answers before scribbling them down....you have given me a chuckle for the night. I''d say under lambert our system was proving better than Swansea''s if they were more established in the championship and we only spent 1 season in the champioship. After all Leeds were more established in league 1 so does that mean their way was working better? If you have any of your spare material please pass it my way over to Hereford, many thanks. Regarding the lambert/villa debate, let''s wait and see where they finish at the end of the season. Lambert had a few extra weeks in post but took over a team that didn''t fair as well as what we did last season. Villa are on par from last season whereas we aren''t doing as well. Yeh Hughton has every right to expect the players to perform but we have the right to expect to be set up to go out and win rather than be set up not to lose. If you want some more reading material have a look at the stats from this year, the wins and goals material. Also, how many times has Hughton really given our players more credit than what he''s given the opposition? If you want to discuss it please come and chat otherwise I''d say stick to the novels you mentioned.[/quote]

Thanks for that insightful response - glad I was able to make you chuckle - your analyses certainly gave me a good giggle. Let''s have a look at them....

I''d say under lambert our system was proving better than Swansea''s if they were more established in the championship and we only spent 1 season in the champioship. After all Leeds were more established in league 1 so does that mean their way was working better?

Umm, the expression "one season wonders" was used for a reason - we were wonders for one season - not a sustainable approach

If you have any of your spare material please pass it my way over to Hereford, many thanks.

There''s a fine breed of farm animal originating from and indeed named after your neck of the woods - therefore I think you have more than enough material on your doorstep!

Regarding the lambert/villa debate, let''s wait and see where they finish at the end of the season. Lambert had a few extra weeks in post but took over a team that didn''t fair as well as what we did last season. Villa are on par from last season whereas we aren''t doing as well.

Highly debatable - PL took over a relatively settled team. We were left with a team in shock - not only at losing our manager, but also potentially losing our captain, star player and leading goalscorer - so from a standing start, comparing the 2 environments, I think that we have come out of it slightly better.

Yeh Hughton has every right to expect the players to perform but we have the right to expect to be set up to go out and win rather than be set up not to lose. If you want some more reading material have a look at the stats from this year, the wins and goals material. Also, how many times has Hughton really given our players more credit than what he''s given the opposition?

Regarding your observation about setting the players up - I don''t know where you get your material from, but reading what Robert Snodgrass had to say, there seems to be a difference of opinion between those in the know, and those who profess to be in the know.

Regarding Hughton''s "credit" to the opposition - he very rarely if ever says that we were worse than them - and invariably says that we deserved either the one or the three points.

If you want to discuss it please come and chat otherwise I''d say stick to the novels you mentioned

Talking of discussions - did you ever find that quote that Ron Obvious was asking you to forward about CH leaving Newcastle?

As for the reading material you alluded to as being novels - you obviously haven''t progressed to the dizzy heights of the Brothers Grimm or HC Andersen as they are not novelists (they write fairy tales)! Looks like your progression from the Roger Hargreaves category (Mr Men) needs to be helped along a bit...

But hey, it''s good that you have an opinion - it enables so many others to feel good about themselves [:D]

Ron - Have a little look around and you''ll see certain stuff from Derek Lambias, it may take a bit of digging but please feel free.

I''m open to discuss it with you.....but fabrication its not.

ABC-

We were one season wonders in League 1 and the Championship and now striving to stay a second in the Premiership, I can''t see how that success is not sustainable? What isn''t sustainable is scoring 28 goals this season with the amount of goals we''re conceeding.

Regarding the PL departure, who was in a state of shock as you put it? I fail to see how Villa were a settled team when they were on the brink of relegation last season?

Hugton said we deserved a draw on saturday against Wigan when they scored and we didn''t and didn''t have any shots on goal, again I''m mythed how that transpires?

I''m happy to chat about stuff...if you want to be sensible if not we''ll have to beg to differ and see how things pan out.

canaryfan68

I found the link I quoted (saying Hughton was too nice a guy). I found nothing about ''negativity''.

If you''re going to make assertions about the reason for someone being sacked, it''s up to you to provide evidence.

This gets more interesting:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-chief-Derek-Llambias-slams-Kevin-Keegan-and-Alan-Shearer-in-foul-rant-article829807.html

And a line in his Wiki entry caught my eye:

"His career in the entertainment, bread and leisure industry stretches back more than 31 years."

He sounds like an argumentative, opinionated, unprofessional twerp to me - anything but the sort of person whose opinion I''d trust. I certainly wouldn''t want him here.

I know Delia has no professional experience either, but at least she has the nous to keep her trap shut about former players & managers.

Still couldn''t find any reference to Hughton ''spreading negativity around the dressing room'' though.

So I''m still waiting ...

Ron, as you quote Shostakovich in your posts...Which of his symphonies corresponds best with our season so far...? I reckon , the seventh "Leningrad" symphony.

The siege on Leningrad, where people were fighting to stay alive...as City are fighting to stay in the PL.

Have you ever listende to it?

Many times, ROBFLECK. The first movement in particular knocks me out - the ''bolero'', starting with an innocent, silly little tune, as if heard in the distance from an approaching travelling band, builds up to the most horrific climax, like some hideous, inhuman army trampling everyone, men, women, children, in its path.

I sat next to the snare drums at the Barbican, & my hair was horizontal (or would have been if I''d had any!).

The 10th''s my favourite though - like a fantastic journey through the soul. Gustavo Dudamel''s young orchestra performed it unforgettably; fortunately I taped it so will be with me forever.

Difficult to compare the suffering & slow starvation of an entire city to the fortunes of a football club I feel! Possibly the 8th? At least the strident voices & panic evident in (I think) the 3rd movement would echo the activity on this board!!

[quote user="ron obvious"]Many times, ROBFLECK. The first movement in particular knocks me out - the ''bolero'', starting with an innocent, silly little tune, as if heard in the distance from an approaching travelling band, builds up to the most horrific climax, like some hideous, inhuman army trampling everyone, men, women, children, in its path.

I sat next to the snare drums at the Barbican, & my hair was horizontal (or would have been if I''d had any!).

The 10th''s my favourite though - like a fantastic journey through the soul. Gustavo Dudamel''s young orchestra performed it unforgettably; fortunately I taped it so will be with me forever.

Difficult to compare the suffering & slow starvation of an entire city to the fortunes of a football club I feel! Possibly the 8th? At least the strident voices & panic evident in (I think) the 3rd movement would echo the activity on this board!![/quote]

Talking of Shostakovich, how about the start of the festival overture for the players coming out on to the pitch?  Its one of the most rousing of fanfares.                   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gDZTah8J2A   

Ron My favourites are the 9thy and the 11th, the ones you refer to are great too...you are"bloody" right about the 3d movement echoing the 3d movement ;-)

I''ve got the Mariss Janssons performances.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Lavanche"]Hughton tried 4-4-2 in few games and we looked so much worse than with current tactic...[/quote]There are far more tactics to choose from than 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1.  Also the way you set your team up, how far up the pitch the defense plays, who is allowed to attack, etc etc.  Lambert very rarely set the team out as a straight 4-4-2.What is quite obvious is that we play to defend first and foremost, hoping that the front 4 players can create and score a goal. Beyond this we will only look to attack if we go behind.  It is a hold what you have strategy.  I also think the front players appear demoralised and have struggled badly, with their form declining as the season has progressed.[quote user="Lavanche"]Still Hoolahan is the player for us who always tries to make fast play and opens up opponents defence for those quick counters.[/quote]Quite telling given how deep we play is that we have not scored a single goal on the counter attack all season. I really like Hoolahan as a player, but given his position in the side, his goal return of 3 is slightly disappointing.  Then again, we create little as a side, so perhaps not surprising[/quote]but surely it is Hoolahans job to create goal scoring opportunities, so the lack of these reflects that he is not up to the job any more. as far as i am concerned he needs replacing in the close season with a player able to be more attack minded. Wes''s mazy runs across field are great to watch but end in lost possession or a backward pass in the majority of instances.

star_manic "Quite telling given how deep we play is that we have not scored a single goal on the counter attack all season. I really like Hoolahan as a player, but given his position in the side, his goal return of 3 is slightly disappointing.  Then again, we create little as a side, so perhaps not surprisingbut surely it is Hoolahans job to create goal scoring opportunities, so the lack of these reflects that he is not up to the job any more. as far as i am concerned he needs replacing in the close season with a player able to be more attack minded. Wes''s mazy runs across field are great to watch but end in lost possession or a backward pass in the majority of instances."

The person that would help us in the regard to playing well on the counter is Fox.   Able to see a pass and deliver it at the right time.   All our players have their deficiencies at this level, otherwise we would already be in the top ten, but at least Fox can pass.    The balance of the midfield must be wrong as it is at the moment.   Snodgrass - dithers and lacks pace and fails to deliver a pass often enough, usually trying to do too much on his ownHoolahan - one footed, controls the ball skillfully but doesn''t deliver a killer pass often enoughJohnson - unreliable passing, you never know if when he passes it is going to go where he wants it toHowson - not seen the best of him yet.  I suspect he can do the business but so far hasn''tTettey - Still in his first season here, looks to have the potential,  but we have not seen the best of himPilks - looks quality from time to time but just seems to go missing a lot of the time. Fox- not really featured, but as has been says, has the passing ability, maybe lacking in other areas.Bennett - Can be good, but often looks under confident at beating his man.   One gem of a goal in two seasons is not enough.A harsh round up you may say, but it does show why the midfield is maybe not functioning as well as it could.    To do well they need to be on top form, lets hope they can find that in their next game.  

As much as i want City to stay up we seem the worst of a bad bunch, we are negative, the other teams down with us seem to have more flair, we look terrified to have a go at teams, we are not pretty on the eye. to me only Sunderland look as bad as us and i hope they continue in the same vain then it will be them who are goners. Reading QPR Have gone imo, hate to say it but i think its us or sunderland as the others have goals in them i believe and we are really struggling to score enough.

Good summary HYGALB, and very much as i see it. none of our mid-fielders have all-round ability so whoever we play we are deficient in some aspect. for me, we must buy a DM who has all the qualities needed for that position as this will negate the need to play two DM''s, thus freeing a place for another creative player or striker.