Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Well organised and hard to beat, isn't that positive enough for you?

Right, I can''t sit back and take this anymore.   I''ve had enough of all this "negative" rubbish.     The only thing that is negative are the numpties who want to see everything   in a negative light.  

Anyone who has been watching our games this season will have seen a team trying its hardest to compete on a level playing field with clubs whose resources are many times our own.     It is obvious to anyone who really cares about the club that we are well organised and are on the whole, hard to beat - two very good positives.

So there really is no need for all the gloom and doom predictions.   Get a grip of yourselves and just enjoy the ride.   It was always going to be a tough season and the last seven games will be no different.     We have the quality to win games - we''ve seen it - so dry your underwear, get Mummy to pick up all the toys and put them back in the pram - and get down to Carrow Rd on Saturday and get behind the team and the manager. 

Looking in on this board over the last few weeks has been  like looking at a scene from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo''s Nest".   "Ooh, the team is negative, I feel negative about the team being negative, ooh we only drew that game when we should have won, ooh we should have won that game when we only drew" but all the time we have been picking up points.     That hasn''t changed.   Ok we lost on Saturday, but there is another game this Saturday and six more after that.   We''re not in the bottom three, we''re four points clear and that gives us the buffer to push on over the line and secure status for next year.

Yes we can play better and we will do, I am sure.  We can improve is in the delivery to the front men to start with.   We have seen

instances of good attacking play and goals this season, we simply have

to get back to that, which means the midfield need to be braver in

getting the ball in the danger areas. 

The players know they have to improve still and the job is not done yet.

So chill, enjoy the ride, there are some great games coming up.

You don''t need to convince me LDC.I can''t imagine what it will be like should we fail to win on Saturday.[;)]

difficult to beat but difficult to watch. Other than that we will grind out between 4 and 7 points. It will be enough!

You won''t win if you can''t score.

So we can be as ''well organised & hard to beat'' as you want, but we''re not scoring and not winning, therefore being in a relegation scrap...

Yes but we''re screwed because despite having relatively winnable home fixtures, our home form over the season has been absolutely diabolical, beyond abysmal, therefore we will not pick up any points.

[quote user="SYG"]You won''t win if you can''t score.

So we can be as ''well organised & hard to beat'' as you want, but we''re not scoring and not winning, therefore being in a relegation scrap...[/quote]

If you look at the PL table and the Championship table, there are one heck of a lot of clubs still at risk, so a lot of clubs have a lot to play for.  This is the interesting part of the season where players - and fans - need to stand up to the pressure.    I think Hughton has showed his mettle and the players have competed on a level playing field with the best the PL has got.    Yes we need to score one or two goals, but  we have the players to do it.

[quote user="hogesar"]Yes but we''re screwed because despite having relatively winnable home fixtures, our home form over the season has been absolutely diabolical, beyond abysmal, therefore we will not pick up any points.[/quote]Not sure if sarcasm....

[;)]

One win in 14 games tells its own story, and even that involved 10 minutes of attacking pressing football unseen before or since.I am starting to get a tad tired of this "other clubs with massive resources" argument.  QPR have shown just how easily a club can spend £50 million+ and end up with a poor squad.  We just spent £10 million on RVW.I think Chris Hughton has made some absolutely blinding signings.  Tettey, Bassong, Garrido, Whittaker, Snodgrass, and Turner have improved to the First XI.  Bunn has added depth to the squad. And Kei Kamara is looking like he will probably make the grade and I am very hopeful about Ricky Van Wolfswinkel.Having said that, I don''t think Hughton is getting the best performances out of the squad we now have.  His cautious approach has meant relatively good points ratio against the top sides, but a poor tally against the lesser teams.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]One win in 14 games tells its own story, and even that involved 10 minutes of attacking pressing football unseen before or since.

I am starting to get a tad tired of this "other clubs with massive resources" argument.  QPR have shown just how easily a club can spend £50 million+ and end up with a poor squad.  We just spent £10 million on RVW.

I think Chris Hughton has made some absolutely blinding signings.  Tettey, Bassong, Garrido, Whittaker, Snodgrass, and Turner have improved to the First XI.  Bunn has added depth to the squad. And Kei Kamara is looking like he will probably make the grade and I am very hopeful about Ricky Van Wolfswinkel.

Having said that, I don''t think Hughton is getting the best performances out of the squad we now have.  His cautious approach has meant relatively good points ratio against the top sides, but a poor tally against the lesser teams.
[/quote]

You made that up didn''t you buddy! It''s just not true is it?

I don''t mind "hard to beat" but when that philosophy resricts the team to one of only 2 outcomes every game i.e a draw or a loss, when teams around/below us are winning every other match..........guess what? an 10 point gap goes down to 7, then 4.....care to follow this pattern through??

Any team that wins every other match will never find themselves anywhere near the bottom of the league!

How ridiculous is this going to get today...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]One win in 14 games tells its own story, and even that involved 10 minutes of attacking pressing football unseen before or since.[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t remember us taking the game by the scruff of the neck in the final quarter of the match often this season.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Any team that wins every other match will never find themselves anywhere near the bottom of the league!

[/quote]

indeed, but as we see every year, teams that survive will go on such runs from around now until the end of the season....i.e QPR and Wigan last year..can we do that,if required?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

indeed, but as we see every year, teams that survive will go on such runs from around now until the end of the season....i.e QPR and Wigan last year..can we do that,if required?

[/quote]We don''t need to, a couple of draws and a home win  and we are fine.   Home games against WBA, Wigan and Swansea who have nothing to play for make seeing out the season safely an easy task for Hughton''s side.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We don''t need to, a couple of draws and a home win  and we are fine.   Home games against WBA, Wigan and Swansea who have nothing to play for make seeing out the season safely an easy task for Hughton''s side.
[/quote]

sounds simple.....I hope you''re right!.........as for an easy task,we haven''t had anything easy all season, we don''t do ''easy''

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]We don''t need to, a couple of draws and a home win  and we are fine.   Home games against WBA, Wigan and Swansea who have nothing to play for make seeing out the season safely an easy task for Hughton''s side.[/quote]

"Makes seeing out the season an easy task". !!!!!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We don''t need to, a couple of draws and a home win  and we are fine.   Home games against WBA, Wigan and Swansea who have nothing to play for make seeing out the season safely an easy task for Hughton''s side.
[/quote]

sounds simple.....I hope you''re right!.........as for an easy task,we haven''t had anything easy all season, we don''t do ''easy''

[/quote]

Well I thought we had an unbeaten run of 10 games that you enjoyed so much it took you back to your childhood...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]One win in 14 games tells its own story, and even that involved 10 minutes of attacking pressing football unseen before or since.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t remember us taking the game by the scruff of the neck in the final quarter of the match often this season.

[/quote]

That isn''t what you said is it?

What is it with you lot having a competition to make up the most ridiculous stat???