Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Well done Hughton - Lee Camp

Well done Hughton for realising we needed another GK. lambert never did and we would have come seriously unstuck today with young un-experienced steer on goal. Lee Camp is a very good stand in and will be confident with him between the sticks.

Well i''d say well done on Bunn certainly, but it''s a bit early to say well done on Camp. No evidence to suggest Rudd wouldn''t have done as well as Camp.

[quote user="hogesar"]Well i''d say well done on Bunn certainly, but it''s a bit early to say well done on Camp. No evidence to suggest Rudd wouldn''t have done as well as Camp.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.  As I''ve just said on another thread, sometimes you have to trust people that they can step up.   Not objecting to Camp, but just think Rudd could have stepped in for the odd game when needed.

[quote user="hogesar"]Well i''d say well done on Bunn certainly, but it''s a bit early to say well done on Camp. No evidence to suggest Rudd wouldn''t have done as well as Camp.[/quote]

Disagree entirely, Rudd showed his inexperience during the Luton cup match by getting beaten far too easily at his near post, desperately needed to go out on loan

So we got the experienced Camp in who is a much safer bet, but it''ll be interesting to see how he does v Wigan

"Rudd could have stepped in for the odd game when needed"

And if that odd game doesn''t arise ?

He needs to be learning his craft while keepers like Camp sit on the bench ''for the odd game when needed''

The club has moved on and we need to continue that movement - which includes developing good young players who can step up to the ''first team'',  not sit down waiting for a possible chance

The decision has proved correct - though I suspect it was more part of the wider decision as to the direction the club is going in

A few years down the line you''''ll see the benefits

[quote user="hogesar"]Well i''d say well done on Bunn certainly, but it''s a bit early to say well done on Camp. No evidence to suggest Rudd wouldn''t have done as well as Camp.[/quote]But surely this is missing the point. Whether he did better or worse than Camp on the weekend is a total irrelevance.While I agree Rudd may have done a job for us this weekend, if Rudd was backup here he wouldn''t be getting the first-team experience he needs to develop. The fact that we invested in a quality backup allowed us the required coverage while Rudd develops on loan.Win / Win.

Camp was the best keeper we had through our list of loaners and was one of the best keepers in the championship last year so a great piece of business in January.

I do think we should offer him a deal, just depends if he wants to play or be part of a prem set up with a good crop of young keepers. I do think you need experience in goal and Rudd and steer have a long time to go in my eyes for the experience you need in the critical position of goalkeeper in the prem.

I agree with Smooth. Rudd and Steer need long loans in the champ. First Bunn then Camp stepped in under enormous pressure. you would have to be confident that the youngsters could do that. CH clearly wasn''t.

Congrats 2 Camp who will make his full PL debut against Wigan. Always thought he was a decent GK and suprised he hasn''t had a few games already.

And we could see Lee Camp as a permamnent signing.We could see Bunn being sold as he has proven to be worthy of PL football, so value will have increased...And he has a taste for playing, rather than being on the bench now.Ruddy will be between the posts next season (assuming no injuries).Could be a money earner for the club to sell Bunn

[quote user="refjezdavies"]

Disagree entirely, Rudd showed his inexperience during the Luton cup match by getting beaten far too easily at his near post, desperately needed to go out on loan

So we got the experienced Camp in who is a much safer bet, but it''ll be interesting to see how he does v Wigan[/quote]

Rudd getting beaten at his near post too easily? Seems like him and Camp have something in common then!

If Hughton thought Rudd or Steer were good enough, he wouldn''t have bought Bunn or Camp. Steer looks the part more than Rudd, but I can''t see either having a decent chance at Norwich - even if we go down.