Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Down memory lane

I haven''t seen it but that Alves pass to Messi sounds almost as good as one Crook made to Mark Bowen in a 2-0 win against Chelsea in 1989. So accurate Bowen didn''t even have to control it, as it span perfectly on to his left foot.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Doh! And I thought this thread was going to be about Robert Chase. [:(][/quote]

It is lapps! This glorious football was played under his chairmanship. From those celestial heights we fell into a slough of deepest despond from which we have never emerged.

I remember in them good old days that has been mentioned, that we used to play in little triangles all over the pitch.  It looked good, and often worked too!

That time when we thrashed the Leeds and Goss scored that goal that gave the woman the organism.  There was like 64 passes before Goss smashed it in.  Now that was total football.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Actually, I didn''t think that last season - and certainly not back then. I didn''t think we''d go down in 95 either.[/quote]

Well we hardly had a team good enough to stay up..

Didn''t you go back then?

The current team is loads better. Don''t you think?