Sign in to follow this  
Surfbird

RVW Scores a hat trick

If I just cast my eyes down the main discussion page... oh, ooh what''s that?! A thread, on RVW. Can it really be?! Do I my eyes deceive me?!

No really.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2893301/ShowPost.aspx

That''s all well and good.....hopefully Hughton and Calderwood have plans afoot to improve the defensive aspects of his game...........

RVW looks like a very good buy, but he received some great service to score his hat trick last night. I''m not so sure that he''ll get that at NCFC as things stand at present.

[quote user="Jules"]RVW looks like a very good buy, but he received some great service to score his hat trick last night. I''m not so sure that he''ll get that at NCFC as things stand at present.[/quote]

This is the point.   Holt is still a good goal scorer.  Becchio is a good goal scorer.   Kamara is a good goal scorer.    How many chances do they get a game? Very few.  You can only score if you put the ball in a dangerous area.  Imo the creative players (main culprits Snodgrass and Hoolahan) are not delivering.   If our two so called most skilful players can''t provide then RVW won''t score many here either.  

The midfield simply have to start providing.

He will convert more of the chances that we do make. There is a very valid point about our midfield though, they arenot creating enough chances. Hoolahan is a very gifted player and nice on the eye but all too rarely hurts you. Snodgrass looks good, but is not a matchwinner. He is top end of championship, bottom end of premiership. He has had some very good games but also some poor ones. he is a player for next season but needs better quality support. We need an attacking central midfielder and some pace . Bennett has been a big disappointment since coming to the club. Big things were expected but he rarely has delivered after an in and out 2 seasons. Next one may be his last if he does not improve. Pilkington is probably the best of the bunch for me, his goals stand out but there have not been enough of them. He too lacks pace which will always be a problem in the premiership

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Any video link available???[/quote]http://www.tvgolo.com/jogo-showfull-1364844329---39

Watch a video of some of the goals Holt has scored - he''s up there with RVW.

The question is quality - Holt scored for fun in the champ, and scored a hatful last year. RVW in the Prem is a different prospect, but he''s clearly got the talent and a serious eye for goal!

T''was a good hatty last night.  Just the sort of clinical finishing we need, however, as mentioned, its all about service.  The first goal, the cross is delivered first time and the second is an eye of the needle type pass.

I really hope we add some quality to the midfield so they can hold their own next season.  I think both Bennett and Pilks have been poor this season compared to last season.  Snoddy has been good, but he''s not always consistent.  I love Wes, but when he plays, he virtually alters the whole team and its vital he has a good game for NCFC to have a good game.

I''m still confident we''ll stay up, and I can see some pretty big changes going on this summer...

Already I feel sorry for Wolffiewinkle, there is now so much hype, expectation etc being humped onto his shoulders that if he fails to delliver in the first 3 games or so, fans will start to make his life hell.

They did it with Iwan

Can''t disagree with that Wiz. Hopefully he doesn''t set up a twitter account either.:-)

First sensible post I''ve seen from you in a while, Wiz. I agree with what you say. On the flip side, Iwan responded in the best way possible; hopefully RVW would too.

Can we assume you won''t be on his back if he fails to score in the opening games?

We need a new attacking midfield. Not midfielder, midfield. Whole new one. Pilks, Snoddy and Hooly will be great as backups, but the others are not good enough.

There''s nothing wrong with our midfield, it''s just a lack of competition. Snoddy is class, as is Hooly, we just need competition in there, such as a left and right winger to keep the players on edge. We definitely need an alternative Hooly

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]We need a new attacking midfield. Not midfielder, midfield. Whole new one. Pilks, Snoddy and Hooly will be great as backups, but the others are not good enough.
[/quote]

At last!! A dose of realism[*-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]We need a new attacking midfield. Not midfielder, midfield. Whole new one. Pilks, Snoddy and Hooly will be great as backups, but the others are not good enough.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hughton knows that IMO.

Watch this space.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hughton knows that IMO.

Watch this space.

[/quote]

Of course we will continually look to improve all areas but we really do need to be a bit realistic. Snodgrass was an improvement on last season and suddenly you want him improved on before the season is out! Talk about impatient and unrealistic expectations..

I''d better just have a lay down with my little ol'' Norwich accepting thoughts for company...

IMO next season our attack should be:                      RVWNew LW - New CAM - Snoddy    Johnson/Tettey - A good passer (Biglia)