Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Do we deserve to go down?

oh yes bring out the ''little Norwich'' comment...

so basically what your saying is, we should win 20 games a season (60pts) all the teams that are ''winnable''.

[quote user="Baracouda"]oh yes bring out the ''little Norwich'' comment...

so basically what your saying is, we should win 20 games a season (60pts) all the teams that are ''winnable''.[/quote]No im saying had we won some of them ie 2/3 we would be safe by now. Where did you get 60 points from? Is that your attempt at humour? The aim is 40. We are currently 6 short....get it?When you set out at the start of the season, you target "winnable" games and emphasis is put on your home games. Games at home against QPR Southampton West Ham Fulham Southampton & Newcastle (severely depleted) would have been seen as "winnable". Just like Wigan,Sunderland and Stoke at home were.Mustering a handful of shots and sitting deeper than the titanic, isnt great! If its 1 point that gets us relegated, maybe some will start to agree....

Apologises, the 60pts came from your comment...

"Or maybe we are "little Norwich" and should not think of beating QPR WHU Toon Saints Reading Fulham and Wigan......"

so I took you listing Fulham 10th to mean... that we should beat half the league, approx 60pts... I must inform CH.

If 40pts is the target, we are well on course to achieve that, unless suddenly our home record all season, will suddenly change for the last 4 games.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]no, just the winnable ones listed.

Or maybe we are "little Norwich" and should not think of beating QPR WHU Toon Saints Reading Fulham and Wigan......

[/quote]

I was waiting for the "little Norwich" jibes to start. Not only is that arrogant but it''s also disrespectful. There''d be uproar if the top four clubs expected to just turn up and beat us. We have no right to expect to beat anybody in the Premier League. To be where we are is an achievement. But the like-minded fans of QPR WHU Toon Saints Reading Fulham and Wigan probably expect to beat us! Someone''s going to be disappointed!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]no, just the winnable ones listed.

Or maybe we are "little Norwich" and should not think of beating QPR WHU Toon Saints Reading Fulham and Wigan......

[/quote]

I was waiting for the "little Norwich" jibes to start. Not only is that arrogant but it''s also disrespectful. There''d be uproar if the top four clubs expected to just turn up and beat us. We have no right to expect to beat anybody in the Premier League. To be where we are is an achievement. But the like-minded fans of QPR WHU Toon Saints Reading Fulham and Wigan probably expect to beat us! Someone''s going to be disappointed!

[/quote]

Thanks NN - An intelligent post as a response to a ludicrous subject matter!

In addition to Nutty''s analysis I will just add the following "Absolutely yes, we deserve to go down - if we don''t finish 17th or above!"

IMO Believing that we will turn this form around and win between now and the end of the season is no different to believing that games are winnable either before or after the event...personally I hold more faith that we will do well in our remaining home games than declaring away games as winnable and then lamenting that we didn''t win them

...also I don''t think it''s as simplistic as saying that playing 2 up front will enable us to score more goals...otherwise, why not 3 up front?

Well there''s only Stoke away left now which is not ''winnable'' with our current tactics. Indeed, it was pretty dire last season even with Lambert''s approach.

So, it all comes down to the Reading match.

So you say! But then you didn''t have us winning a game until December so we''ve already far, far, far exceeded you expectations. I think you should show a bit of gratitude to Chris and the boys for getting this far. I mean how wrong can one poster be??