Ha ya got a loight boy?

Goal droughts have to end sometime!

Can we forget the lack of goals and think that we are

capable of scoring?  Goals will come.   A  goal drought can only last so

long.   I thought that we created more at Wigan, looked more

dangerous.   Goals will come.   We have scored from all over the pitch

this season.  Turner, Bassong, Martin, Pilks, Snod, Johnson, Hoolahan,

Holt, KK, Jackson.    The goals are there.   Hughton is not just a

defensive manager.   He just isn''t.  Look at the matches away at Everton,  Swansea away 1st half,   Sunderland at home 1st half,  last ten minutes Everton.    All the match home to MU.   All the match

home to Arsenal.  Spurs home and away.    Examples of what a Hughton

team can do.    Well organised, solid, good defence combined with ability in attack.   That is what we aspire to under Hughton.   But if the chips are down we can grind out results and that is the sign of a good side.   Goals will happen sooner or later, as sure as eggs is eggs.

Like a guy who lives in the desert and thinks its going to rain tomorrow.

You make your own luck in football and fortune favours the brave. We are not in any sense of the word brave. if its 0-0 tomorrow on 70 mins don''t expect 3 forward to be on the pitch for us like PL would of done.

Typical view.''Being brave''.....Its worked really well for Aston Villa hasnt it? We are four points ahead of them with a far better back four.They have had Benteke which has pretty much scored most of there goals. So your method is flawed.

Worked ok for us last year when we had more points scored more goals and let in less at this stage of the season. Or have you forgotten about those handy little facts. Yes our super mega improved defence is worse than last years if your judging it on goals conceded. Goals win games not clean sheets.

The best managers are not the ones who are happy with draws. They are the ones who go for the wins.

The formation and tactics we deploy are not negative or safe but they don''t work as our midfielders can''t pass for love nor money. Hoolahan gives it away too often, Snodgrass is our best midfielder but often takes to long to make a decision, Howson & Bennett are too anonymous to have any impact on the game and Johnson is actually a pretty decent long range passer but messes up too many at close range. There''s a reason Holt, Kamara, Becchio etc have had an extremely limited number of chances in the last few games.

[quote user="Hannibal II"]Like a guy who lives in the desert and thinks its going to rain tomorrow.

You make your own luck in football and fortune favours the brave. We are not in any sense of the word brave. if its 0-0 tomorrow on 70 mins don''t expect 3 forward to be on the pitch for us like PL would of done.[/quote]
I suspect it will be 0-0 tomorrow, and will remain that way until we play on Saturday.

I might have replied flippantly, "Yes, in the Championship!", but I won''t invite trouble.

Yes they do, and I think that we just need a modicum of luck - a referee giving us a penalty for once, a goal keeper fumbling a ball, or, I hope, one of our players showing exceptional skill. My conern used to be that we were converting so few chances into goals, but I now fear that we are not really creating any chances worth speaking about.

There is a considerable underperformance - what''s happened to Holt, why is Snoddy not creating much, why doesn''t Wes supply that brilliant defence splitting pass?

I feel that if a little bit of luck goes our way, and the players gain the confidence they need, we may start to play as we can at our best. The manager has to contribute by his selection, tactics and substitutions. The problem faced by both manager and players is the tightnessm of our situtation. The remaining games are largely against bottom teams, who are technically less able but fight for their lives, or against teams who have something to prove, or are upper table teams. In the circumstance, with so much at stake, it is difficult to see how the players can "free themselves" from fear and begin to play.

We created more chances at Wigan? Erm, from memory we created a grand total of zero chances!

Goal droughts don''t HAVE to end as if by some stroke of luck, positive changes have to be made to MAKE them end.

I fear however that complacency will rule the day and things will carry on as they are to a slow and desperate end.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Goal droughts don''t HAVE to end as if by some stroke of luck, positive changes have to be made to MAKE them end. I fear however that complacency will rule the day and things will carry on as they are to a slow and desperate end.[/quote]

Wiz always used to flip flop from one opinion to the opposite the next week and here we have you Winky with a negative post but then you have been telling people to have a positive outlook  on other threads. Maybe you should concentrate on quality rather quantity with regard to the content of your posts.

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]The formation and tactics we deploy are not negative or safe but they don''t work as our midfielders can''t pass for love nor money. Hoolahan gives it away too often, Snodgrass is our best midfielder but often takes to long to make a decision, Howson & Bennett are too anonymous to have any impact on the game and Johnson is actually a pretty decent long range passer but messes up too many at close range. There''s a reason Holt, Kamara, Becchio etc have had an extremely limited number of chances in the last few games.[/quote]Just this. This is about as good an answer you can expect to get on the matter.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Vanwink"]Goal droughts don''t HAVE to end as if by some stroke of luck, positive changes have to be made to MAKE them end. I fear however that complacency will rule the day and things will carry on as they are to a slow and desperate end.[/quote]

Wiz always used to flip flop from one opinion to the opposite the next week and here we have you Winky with a negative post but then you have been telling people to have a positive outlook  on other threads. Maybe you should concentrate on quality rather quantity with regard to the content of your posts.

[/quote]

Respond to the post

[quote user="Vanwink"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] Respond to the post

[/quote]

I have responded to your post PC Winky of the Forum Moderation Police.

[quote user="Vanwink"]You are childlike[/quote]

Don''t read what i post then Winky. Simples. Mind you i would like to avoid reading what you post but with your scatter gun approach to all threads in your quest to raise your post count makes that very difficult.

No I. Mean you ARE childlike, in the way you behave on here.

[quote user="Vanwink"]No I. Mean you ARE childlike, in the way you behave on here.[/quote]

[:|]