Sign in to follow this  
henrik

We have to do our bit too

Carrow Road has been very flat since our downturn in form. Understandable on one hand, yet I really do believe that we, like the players really do need to step things up. We mustn''t go out with a whimper in the same way the players mustn''t. Most games where we''ve made the place a cauldron of noise we''ve got a result. If we show our excitement when we attack I''m certain it''ll drive the players on. I just think we''re letting oursele slip in much the same way as the team and it would be nice for everyone to feel like they''re going to war for each of our remaining home games.

It''s not that we''re letting ourselves slip henrik it''s that there are too many complacent old fools who seem to think that everything will be fine and that we are safe That attitude is what will lead us to the Championship.

We need a huge atmosphere on Saturday, a crowd inspired by the realisation that we need to get our team across the line, the complacent codgers need to get up off their back sides and sing their hearts out rather than living in a fantasy world of denial. Every game at home now must be treated as a cup final and we must cheer till the final whistle, whatever happens!

I agree; passive voyeurism is no good folks!

Carrow Road needs those of us in yellow to sing, cheer, clap & drive the players on. Those on the pitch need to know we''re totally with them.

"It''s not that we''re letting ourselves slip henrik it''s that there are too many complacent old fools who seem to think that everything will be fine and that we are safe That attitude is what will lead us to the Championship.

We need a huge atmosphere on Saturday, a crowd inspired by the realisation that we need to get our team across the line, the complacent codgers need to get up off their back sides and sing their hearts out rather than living in a fantasy world of denial. Every game at home now must be treated as a cup final and we must cheer till the final whistle, whatever happens! "

Nice one Wiz. Very clever of you to deride the ''old codgers'' and intimate that you actually go to games. Don''t try too hard though.

The atmosphere at Carrow Rd has been pretty flat for most games this season but that''s hardly surprising if the football''s pretty flat too.It seems as though we sent out from the start to just get a point which means there''s little attacking intent.If the manager wants a '' 12th man '' then he needs to be more adventurous. If he is the crowd will get going.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]"It''s not that we''re letting ourselves slip henrik it''s that there are too many complacent old fools who seem to think that everything will be fine and that we are safe That attitude is what will lead us to the Championship.

We need a huge atmosphere on Saturday, a crowd inspired by the realisation that we need to get our team across the line, the complacent codgers need to get up off their back sides and sing their hearts out rather than living in a fantasy world of denial. Every game at home now must be treated as a cup final and we must cheer till the final whistle, whatever happens! "

Nice one Wiz. Very clever of you to deride the ''old codgers'' and intimate that you actually go to games. Don''t try too hard though.[/quote]

I am sure if Wiz wanted to post on this board he would do so in his own name. You should try to comment on the thread and not who makes the post, it is actually much more interesting that way!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]The atmosphere at Carrow Rd has been pretty flat for most games this season but that''s hardly surprising if the football''s pretty flat too.It seems as though we sent out from the start to just get a point which means there''s little attacking intent.If the manager wants a '' 12th man '' then he needs to be more adventurous. If he is the crowd will get going.[/quote]

I would normally agree with this point and have posted similarly on occasions. But the op does have a point, we do have to get behind the team and create a top atmosphere otherwise we are contributing to our own fate.

So hard as it may be when we will naturally react to what are eyes are seeing we do need to find a way to get CR rocking to push the team on.

I know its a bit sad to dig up your own posts but I feel this really is important. It is, afterall, the ONLY thing we can do to influence anything. Even Snoddy has called out for us to produce the Everton atmospher where we were willing the ball in. We need to generate the tempo and urgency from the stands. Sod the talk of "the players need to give us something to shout about" No, we don''t wait for that moment. Do that and we''ll be stuck in a stalemate as we hae really since mid december. We, each and everyone of us need to show 100% vocal support. We can,and we need to be the 12th man. Its vital.

Spot on Henrik and you were right to bring this to the top of the board. Why is it that there are so few at our club that see the importance of treating this game as a cup final.

Complacency can be the only reason, they think everything will be OK, how sad.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]The atmosphere at Carrow Rd has been pretty flat for most games this season but that''s hardly surprising if the football''s pretty flat too.

It seems as though we sent out from the start to just get a point which means there''s little attacking intent.

If the manager wants a '' 12th man '' then he needs to be more adventurous. If he is the crowd will get going.
[/quote]

I would normally agree with this point and have posted similarly on occasions. But the op does have a point, we do have to get behind the team and create a top atmosphere otherwise we are contributing to our own fate.

So hard as it may be when we will naturally react to what are eyes are seeing we do need to find a way to get CR rocking to push the team on.

[/quote]

This board gets more and more ridiculous as the day goes on! How hard can it be to support your own team??

Perhaps we should keep the 3-2-1 guy on the mic all game.

TBH if you don''t want to support the team then don''t. Most of the supporters still will and the players are professional enough to do the business anyway.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

have a little practice Vanwink...

3-2-1.....

[:#]

[/quote]

It''s not me that needs the practice it''s all the complacent posters on here who need to get up off their backsides and get behind the team

Well perhaps you could tell me who these complacent posters are?

I rather suspect the posters you are referring to do go to games and get behind their team.

Have another practice buddy. You''ll soon get thew hang of it...

3-2-1.....

I completely understand and for the most part agree with what the OP is saying.However the players havent given us anything to shout about recently and one cannot say we havent got behind the boys recently. I dont know about anyone else but I thought the Norwich fans were v loud (including our Delia who sat right behind me!).

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I completely understand and for the most part agree with what the OP is saying.

However the players havent given us anything to shout about recently and one cannot say we havent got behind the boys recently. I dont know about anyone else but I thought the Norwich fans were v loud (including our Delia who sat right behind me!).

[/quote]

They always are. And for the most part so they do at home. The problem is that when we now play any side in the bottom half the general expectation is a home win. So if the expected goals don''t come the fans get edgy. I think that''s ridiculous expectation that defies all logic. But that''s football and has always been so.

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I completely understand and for the most part agree with what the OP is saying.However the players havent given us anything to shout about recently and one cannot say we havent got behind the boys recently. I dont know about anyone else but I thought the Norwich fans were v loud (including our Delia who sat right behind me!).[/quote]

They always are. And for the most part so they do at home. The problem is that when we now play any side in the bottom half the general expectation is a home win. So if the expected goals don''t come the fans get edgy. I think that''s ridiculous expectation that defies all logic. But that''s football and has always been so.

[/quote]Was quite surprised at how animated "our Delia" got on saturday! She''s a proper supporter, make no mistake about that [Y]I''m glad to say I didnt hear any swearing about how defensive that bloody "ewl Hootun" played.. but then she was actually at the game [;)]

The general expectation is a performance that shows intent to win a game at home, surprising that isn''t it!

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]I completely understand and for the most part agree with what the OP is saying.However the players havent given us anything to shout about recently and one cannot say we havent got behind the boys recently. I dont know about anyone else but I thought the Norwich fans were v loud (including our Delia who sat right behind me!).[/quote]

[/quote ]

Would have to disagree with both of you on this one. I thought the fans were pretty subdued on Sat as though they were expecting a cautious approach right from the beginning. They weren''t disappointed on that score.

I don''t think we''ve been particularly loud at home this season. Again it seems as though we instinctively know that there isn''t going to be much to get excited about. It''s not so much a case of IF the goals don''t come but WHEN.

We''re just going to have to grit our teeth and grin and bear it for the prospect of the treasure chest next year but football supporters aren''t renowed for being patient........

[quote user="Vanwink"]It''s not that we''re letting ourselves slip henrik it''s that there are too many complacent old fools who seem to think that everything will be fine and that we are safe That attitude is what will lead us to the Championship.

We need a huge atmosphere on Saturday, a crowd inspired by the realisation that we need to get our team across the line, the complacent codgers need to get up off their back sides and sing their hearts out rather than living in a fantasy world of denial. Every game at home now must be treated as a cup final and we must cheer till the final whistle, whatever happens![/quote]Am I a complacent old fool? I''m 50 years old and I''m not worried in the slightest about us getting relegated this season as it won''t happen.I''m always cheering and "singing my heart out" in the snakepit, as I was in League 1, in the Championship and at Wigan on Saturday, we''re you?

It isn''t just the dire atmosphere it is the contrast when the players give the crowd something to get their teeth into.

The runby Kamara in his first home appearance raised the roof in one of the quietest crowds I have known, it was the show of intent required.

The Everton win raised the roof.

Show some intent, put some early shots in or strong runs, or getting more players forward and the mutual feed off can begin.

Me, I make some noise, I don''t boo or have a go at our own players but I feed off the anger I feel from a manager neutering the players.

Sometimes a dodgy ref animates the crowd, Norwich fans get riled by perceived injustices and having their backs to the wall so why don''t they get up for matches instead of sleepwalking into relegation.

Norwich never do relegation battles well, a lot of this comes from their complacent and accepting supporters.

That is what happens Rudolph and we need to make it change on Saturday.

It is amazing that a thread like this isn''t full of poster saying that they want to lift the roof on Saturday, instead it has been bumped at least once and others are using it as an opportunity to snipe at other fans, I don''t understand it!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Norwich never do relegation battles well, a lot of this comes from their complacent and accepting supporters.[/quote]

On yer bike Rudolph!

The supporters now are the same as they were 2009-12. So they obviously do promotion very well indeed. Perhaps the supporters apart from the odd oddball (you included) are still looking upwards..

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Norwich never do relegation battles well, a lot of this comes from their complacent and accepting supporters.[/quote]

[quote user="Vanwink"]That is what happens Rudolph and we need to make it change on Saturday. It is amazing that a thread like this isn''t full of poster saying that they want to lift the roof on Saturday, instead it has been bumped at least once and others are using it as an opportunity to snipe at other fans, I don''t understand it![/quote]

Could this be the definition of irony???

You would do better replying to the post rather than making snide remarks Nigel, it doesn''t add to the discussion!

[quote user="Vanwink"]You would do better replying to the post rather than making snide remarks Nigel, it doesn''t add to the discussion![/quote]

LOL...

Is this more irony????

The only irony is that you seem determined to take off topic a thread which is aimed at improving the atmosphere at CR. You need to take a look at what your doing!

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Vanwink"]It''s not that we''re letting ourselves slip henrik it''s that there are too many complacent old fools who seem to think that everything will be fine and that we are safe That attitude is what will lead us to the Championship. We need a huge atmosphere on Saturday, a crowd inspired by the realisation that we need to get our team across the line, the complacent codgers need to get up off their back sides and sing their hearts out rather than living in a fantasy world of denial. Every game at home now must be treated as a cup final and we must cheer till the final whistle, whatever happens![/quote]

Am I a complacent old fool? I''m 50 years old and I''m not worried in the slightest about us getting relegated this season as it won''t happen.

I''m always cheering and "singing my heart out" in the snakepit, as I was in League 1, in the Championship and at Wigan on Saturday, we''re you?

[/quote]

No you''re no fool Harry [:)] and I''m confident we won''t get relegated either but will admit that I''m a little bit nervous and will be even more so Saturday at 3pm

But like you I''ll be cheering them on Sat just like I did in League 1 and the Championsip and have done for many many years.