Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Nathan Redmond...

According to the Daily Mirror CH is preparing a bid for him.

Not seen much of him, but looks very lively and tricky.

Could be a good back up for Pilks next season...

If CH was going to go back to Birmingham for any players I''d have wanted it to be him or Butland (now at Stoke of course)

Very lively young player, tore Palace apart on the TV the other day

Do you think CH is spending all the PL money now so that he can go on holiday at the end of the season. It does seem a bit odd when we do not know at this point what league we will be in. Maybe its a ploy of Mr Mac and nothing to do with CH to drum up business due to lack of season ticket sales as "fans" leave the Club in droves due the economic conditions and the dross the players are currently serving up. The game against Wigan on Saturday was truly awful as bad as the "meal" served before the game in Wigan Pier. Northern canaries had a bit of a do there before the match and gave the Directors, and themselves, pressed out pie, chips and peas. Wynn passed it up and went outside for his usual fag leaving the others to face the crush. There was not much going on in the Stands during the game. The stadium is a soul less place as bad as the one at Stoke stuck out on an Industrial wasteland. I have just realised there is yet another game at Carrow on Saturday. Do I really have to go. Maybe things could be be made more interesting if we had a "Manager of the Match" chosen by lot 15 minutes before the game as he would be more entertaining than CH''s choice. Imagine it.... "And the Manager for today''s game is row D seat 105 in the Upper Barclay". I guess it would be even better if that seat was empty!

So Olson and 2 wingers are being highlighted.

Good to hear, even if it is speculation. We need genuine threat down our flanks with pace and that ability to create and make headlines. Rvw will make headlines Redmond has potential, if we made a move I would be happy but I would want a proven winger from a top league who can come in.

Olson at left back interesting call.

Of course conversations on new signings will be starting and I am glad, last season we had the problems of a new manager halfway through the summer and holty contract which held up signings. So with the highest quality forward rvw I hope we can add a similar standard in at least one position, and then some cracking players so we can make ourselves a stable premiership team.

Roll on Saturday, the players are talking it up and they need to.

Excellent that we   are being linkedwith such players but until we secure safety indeed if we secure safety then it can be little more than talk. If we go down then we will need totally different players and i doubt RVW will ever arrive. Lets see how things lay come sunday night, fingers and toes crossed

Looks like a headless chicken to me. Theres better out there. Would be a good squad player for a million or so.

feels like get some value cover for the wide areas and spend the serious money on striker (RvW done) and in centre midfield.

Not strengthening the central midfield area in the summer would for me be a massive oversight.

Watched this guy quite a bit and is real class. Not a headless chicken at all, anyone with pace and directness tends to be tarred with that brush at some point. I like that he has a bit of arrogance about him, we''ve missed that going forward. No chance getting him for a ''a million or so'' but would be a real addition to us, the type of winger we should be looking at I believe. Him and Davies please.

If he is so good, then why is no-one else interested? It''s time to look further afield namely abroad. Home grown talent is stunted.

If he''s as good as you''re making out then others would be interested. Seen no evidence of that.

Been lots of reports in other windows about clubs being interested, this is a matter of opinion though, if you don''t think he''s good enough based on his football then fine, but to suggest he isn''t good enough because you havnt seen any other clubs interested in paper talk or whatever then that opinion is not based on what it should be.

That isn''t the only reason.

My initial reason was that I thought he was a headless chicken.

Regardless, we should be aiming higher and he''s been around for some time. No-one else has took a punt so I believe there to be better out there.

He''s been around for sometime? He''s 19!? January 2012 he was linked with Liverpool and Man City for 10 million. Sure your not confusing him with someone else?

Why is he still playing for Birmingham? I mean there''s been hype surrounding him for about 2 years yet no-ones gone for it. Why? It''s not as if Birmingham don''t need the money.

Nicko, please you are sounding so damn thick... Birmingham would want mega dosh, PL clubs will wait to see if some of his potential is realised. HE IS 19..... Clubs have been interested, it been noted in many media.

If you are going to write on here in half term at least have a logical mature discussion......With a point...

Oh shut up, don''t patronize me. I''m merely stating that if there''s been some interest, not just by us in the past then why hasn''t anyone gone for it? Birmingham aren''t in a position to demand mega dosh so thanks for your ''logical mature discussion''.

[quote user="Nicko"]If he''s as good as you''re making out then others would be interested. Seen no evidence of that.[/quote]
There are plenty of clubs interested and he is one of the brightest prospects in the Championship. You are only highlighting your own ignorance here pal.

I guess none of us can say why a deal for him has not yet happened as we arnt involved in other clubs buying players but these things do take time, why had no other club taken a punt on Ashton before we did? The list of these players and reasons as to why they havnt moved on yet is endless and certainly not to do with ability.

[quote user="Nicko"]Still think there''s better. Sick of all the lower league rubbish.[/quote]...Nicko, you really are digging an enormous hole for yourself with your injudicious comments. So, Snoddy, Pilks, Bradders,Grant, Russ etc are lower league rubbish?

[quote user="Nicko"]Why is he still playing for Birmingham? I mean there''s been hype surrounding him for about 2 years yet no-ones gone for it. Why? It''s not as if Birmingham don''t need the money.[/quote]He''s 19 (and only just!) Therefore probably not on high wages. And therefore not a priority for them to get off the wagebill until they can get a better fee for him. Like now, for instance. Because he''s proven himself to be a good player.

Because Birmingham want stupid money for all their players, look at Butland  at one point they wanted 10mil for the guy before he''d ever played a championship game.

Nicko...and i quote "With all the hype surrounding Zaha at Palace, does anybody think that this lad might be considered an astute purchase if we were to be in for him? Exceptional talent, just youtube him." Contradicting much? Go and have a quiet word with yourself

One thing which most City fans can agree on is that we lack pace out wide, Redmond is absolutely rapid, up there with Walcott.

Can''t believe the negativity over a news paper report which is probably no where near the truth.  If it was true I''d be happy, Redmond is the exact type of player I personally want to see wearing the colours of our fine (financially limited) football club.

He is quick, young, slightly cocky (ever heard of Darren Huckerby or Craig Bellamy?) and exciting.  I''m sure we''d all love to be sigining players from Real Madrid but face facts, we can''t afford Ronaldo - even the fat bucked toothed one!

At least view him on YouTube as the intelligent poster earlier said and don''t just reject players because they don''t play well for you on football manager 2013 before you make up your mind.

Buying from the "lower leagues" has served us well in the past and I''m sure it will again.

OTBC

[quote user="canary27uk"]

Buying from the "lower leagues" has served us well in the past and I''m sure it will again.

OTBC

[/quote]

Its going to be a little difficult to buy players from the "upper leagues" anyway :)