Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Geezer

Swansea Prediction

Firstly before the game Hughton will let us know how technically superior Swansea are compared to us

We will line up in the traditional 4-5-1 formation

Whilst the game remains 0 - 0 Hughton will make no tactical changes to try and win the game

Swansea will score and with 10 minutes to go we''ll take off a midfielder and replace them with another midfielder.

After the game has finished Hughton will bemoan our lack of effectiveness in the final third

Butler and Forbes will try and justify our performance

The happy clappers will remind us of our unbeaten run

the whole process will be repeated at Arsenal

0-0.Only way I can see us scoring is through a set-piece. The team aren''t playing for the manager.

Given our poor scoring rate, and Swansea''s scoring record, I fear the worst. I can''t see us scoring more then one, and the best we can hope for is 1-1.

Realistically, in view of the way we are playing and not creating, I doubt that we shall achieve even 1-1.

The atmosphere will be tense, the fans will be edgy and more frustrated as each pass goes astray, this will translate to the players who will struggle for rhythm, they''ll be no urgency or drive to try and get a goal, we''ll struggle to have a shot on target. Hughton will wait until the 78th minute to make any sort of change, and it will probably be like for like bearing no influence on how the team are performing. And then Swansea will nick one 10 minutes from the end resulting in Hughton finally changing the system somewhat by which time it will probably be too late as we slip further and further towards an inevitable relegation. Sad thing is I can see this happening

Norwich 1 swansea 2 Hope i am wrong but we have had the rub of the green against them in the last 3 games and lady luck is due to turn. Would love to be wrong. Think our future rests on the reading, Stoke and villa games

Immediately from Kick off, we score 2 own goals to appease our fans who feel that this is the minimum that we deserve after Norwich set up with their strongest back 4 and Tettey and Johnson.

We get an ill-deserved lifeline when sub Kamara wins a header at the far post which is nodded home by Holt. We award Kamara the goal though because it might have gone in had Holt left it (Only way he''s going to score is by stealing them off his teammates - imagine what that''s doing to the dressing room?!!?)

So 1-2 and in injury time we are awarded a spot kick for hand ball. Holt picks the ball up and places it on the spot....

The refereee approaches the linesman......walks straight past him and speaks to a home supporter in the City Stand....the supporter is clearly animated and after what seems like an eternity, the ref blows his whistle and points the OTHER WAY!!! Yes, one of our fans has managed to convince the ref that it was clearly chest and not hand ball, Hughton then brings on Ryan Bennett so that we can cling on to our one goal deficit, which we do without touching the ball because Swansea are vastly superior and are passing the ball round us like we are training cones.

So Norwich 1 Swansea 2.

The Pink''Un Messageboard reports the result as Norwich 0 Swansea 5 as that is a more accurate reflection of the game.

All teams below us win, even the ones playing each other.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

Immediately from Kick off, we score 2 own goals to appease our fans who feel that this is the minimum that we deserve after Norwich set up with their strongest back 4 and Tettey and Johnson.

We get an ill-deserved lifeline when sub Kamara wins a header at the far post which is nodded home by Holt. We award Kamara the goal though because it might have gone in had Holt left it (Only way he''s going to score is by stealing them off his teammates - imagine what that''s doing to the dressing room?!!?)

So 1-2 and in injury time we are awarded a spot kick for hand ball. Holt picks the ball up and places it on the spot....

The refereee approaches the linesman......walks straight past him and speaks to a home supporter in the City Stand....the supporter is clearly animated and after what seems like an eternity, the ref blows his whistle and points the OTHER WAY!!! Yes, one of our fans has managed to convince the ref that it was clearly chest and not hand ball, Hughton then brings on Ryan Bennett so that we can cling on to our one goal deficit, which we do without touching the ball because Swansea are vastly superior and are passing the ball round us like we are training cones.

So Norwich 1 Swansea 2.

The Pink''Un Messageboard reports the result as Norwich 0 Swansea 5 as that is a more accurate reflection of the game.

All teams below us win, even the ones playing each other.

[/quote]You have to larf[:D]This place is going to be fun on Saturday evening.

[quote user="ricardo"]You have to larf[:D] This place is going to be fun on Saturday evening.[/quote]Not if we win Ricardo. [;)]

I''ll treat myself to a small sherry if we win on Saturday.

Until then we play 11 behind the ball for 65 mins until Swansea score. Make a substitution at 90+1 to go for 4-4-2 but go down 1-0 after the substitute (Holt) fails to make an impact in the match against what the manager characterisers as ''a superior footballing side in the premier league''.

5 0 Swansea. We''re the worst team in this league and deserve to go down. I wouldn''t bother going if you are thinking about it. It will be cold and miserable, bit like the wife.

[quote user="TheRock"]0-0.Only way I can see us scoring is through a set-piece. The team aren''t playing for the manager.[/quote]disagree.. .they look too gutted when we lose.

Imo the team are certainly playing for our manager, we are just perhaps showing a bit of our limitation, particularly up front. This was probably inevitable given how most sides we are coming up against have tonnes more experience (almost all of them, but particularly Wigan) or have players costing £m''s more than ours (eg Saints). We have also been rather unlucky (Sunderland), and for me we just need that bit of ''something'' for things to click again - hopefully this will be on Saturday.

I think we''ll win 2-0, and if we do I hope some of you doom mongers crawl back in your holes

We have got a good record against Swansea, they have nothing to play for but we will be really up for this one. I think we should stick with a five man mid field and not be tempted to play 2 strikers, we don''t need Swansea dominating possession in midfield. I am looking forward to Johnson and Tettey breaking play up in mid field and either Kamara or Wes playing in behind Holt and setting him up for a couple. Holty loves playing Swansea, hopefully their fans have been winding him up all,week and he will start for us.Come On You Yellows!!!!!

He''s been getting a fair bit of stick, some of it deserved but a lot of it unfair IMO. He knows where the goal is and if given some decent chances will hit the net. Passing needs to be of a much higher quality than I have seen at home recently, we are a side that can lift its game and on Saturday I think we will, all the ingredients are there for a performance.

I must have been sniffing glue but for some reason I think it will be a win and possibly high scoring, so 3-2 Norwich. But then again all predictions are bollox.

This is how the Fink Tank assess the likelihood of outcomes.

Doesn''t look tooo far out to me.   Interesting that the most likely score is 1-1 but a draw is the least likely result.

1 - 1

12.9%

1 - 0

11.2%

0 - 1

9.9%

0 - 0

8.6%

2 - 1

8.4%

Chances:

Home win

40.1%

Away Win

32.7%

Draw

27.2%

At least a point in a scoring draw but we''re probably gonna win this one.Logically : Swansea are a good attacking side and we can''t buy a goal so how come ?Lucky charm : We seem to have the Indian sign over Swansea and I''ve discovered both my sons will be there. The youngest has never seen us lose in the Premier League.Oh dear.....

2-1 Norwich - and then, as stated in an earlier post, the doom mongers will shut up for a bit.