Sign in to follow this  
chris bakewell

Norwich fans not from Norwich?

Get lost Mungo, you cant fault some of the fans loyalty on here, some of yr points on occasion are valid but not this time.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

REAL fans live inside the ring road.

Norwich City - a LOCAL club for LOCAL people

[/quote]So, what are the rules then?I mean, I actually live outside the ring road, but I work inside. Is that OK, or can I only support them between 9 to 5 weekdays excluding bank holidays.Also, sometimes I have to go overseas for work. I''m gone for a good 2-3 weeks at a time. Am I allowed to support them during those weeks, or do I need to temperately choose a team in the locality I am at the time?Sorry to get pedantic, but I feel I need to know. Last thing I''d like to do is offend anyone with my support of NCFC!

"REAL fans live inside the ring road.

Norwich City - a LOCAL club for LOCAL people"- Mungo

"We have ZERO ambition FROM our COACH"- acolyte

If you want any of this to change check out the forum in my signature. It''s quite small so far but it''ll get bigger. We need more pink un people there.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Is it a forum for LOCAL people?[/quote]I think it is but bad news Mungo the hosting server is in Dallas Texas, that''s in America and definitely not in Norwich so I don''t think it''s for you.

"chris bakewell" Hi i''m a Norwich city fan but was born and have lived in Leicester all my Life i started supporting the mighty yellows from a young age because there the team my older brother supported he took me to my first game.The reason he started was as a boy he went to Great Yarmouth and saw a lot of norwich tops and came home and they was on MOTD. the rest as they say is history. Most people support there local Team or one of the big glory clubs I''m glad he  picked Norwich i love the club i get to see maybe a couple of norwich shirts a year in Leicester students studying at uni. Thats why i love it when i come to Norwich and see the yellow shirts everywhere it feeels like home from home.anymore adopted canaries?

The original post,just to get back on topic.

Born in Glasgow, lived lots of places until I was posted to Norfolk (I was in the RAF) and my ex took me to my first game in the early 90''s. Never really followed football before then, so that chose my team for me.

Have lived here since then, barring a 3 year stay in Germany, and settled here after I left the RAF.

I live inside the ring road and I can see the Carrow road floodlights from my flat, a mere 10 minute walk from CR, which makes me a bigger fan than Mungo.

Born and bred in Rotherham.

My dad took me to see rotherham v norwich on the opening day of the 1981/2 season at millmoor.

City scored after about a minute, i was hooked despite going on to lose 4-1 in the end.

Went to my first home game in the return fixture, dad also took me to barnsley to see city that season as well as the final game away at sheff weds when we won promotion.

Didnt get to many games for a while then (I was only 9 at the time) until i could drive, when i promptly bought a season ticket and probably only missed 5 games a season home and away between 1989 to 1995 when marriage and kids slowed it down for me.

Still a regular home and away when time and funds allow, named my first son Iwan after Mr Roberts, am a shareholder and cant visit FCR without touching the family brick in the Jarrold!

Rich

Born in Wakefield near Leeds.My old man bought Subbuteo when he was a kid, the first team he bought were Norwich because ''the yellow and green looked nice on the pitch''NCFC well and truly stuck. Get to any away games from Midlands up and played at FCR last season

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Born in deepest darkest Cornwall, - St. Keverne (look it up) in fact my two little offspring are the first born outside of Cornwall for over 700 years !  My Dad was in the RAF so in my early years, every 2 years we would move, that was until I was 11 years old when we were in Norwich, I then stayed in the fine city throughout my ''informative years'' until I finished school and joined the Royal Navy. After leaving the Navy I found a job (and wife) in Swindon and have lived here ever since. I started watching and supporting Norwich when I first moved there at 11 years old and have done ever since, although I''ve only actually lived in Norwich for a total of 5 years [/quote]My wife read this post and said I should add, how much I visit, so I would like to clarify my position.Since 1985 I have traveled to the ''Fine City'' every other week,supporting the team and every 6-8 week we stay for the weekend (Holiday Inn or Nelson)    So maybe I''m in Norwich more times than some supporters who live in Rackheath or Wymondham !

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Born in deepest darkest Cornwall, - St. Keverne (look it up) in fact my two little offspring are the first born outside of Cornwall for over 700 years !  My Dad was in the RAF so in my early years, every 2 years we would move, that was until I was 11 years old when we were in Norwich, I then stayed in the fine city throughout my ''informative years'' until I finished school and joined the Royal Navy. After leaving the Navy I found a job (and wife) in Swindon and have lived here ever since. I started watching and supporting Norwich when I first moved there at 11 years old and have done ever since, although I''ve only actually lived in Norwich for a total of 5 years [/quote]My wife read this post and said I should add, how much I visit, so I would like to clarify my position.Since 1985 I have traveled to the ''Fine City'' every other week,supporting the team and every 6-8 week we stay for the weekend (Holiday Inn or Nelson)    So maybe I''m in Norwich more times than some supporters who live in Rackheath or Wymondham !

Born in Old Marston, Oxford, have lived in Florida, Prague and Paris before settling in sunny Lowestoft, not through choice!

Watched my first City game in 1977 and followed ever since, season ticket holdr for over 20 years. (Also Followed Oxford United at the same time)

So born down south, live in Suffolk and of forgein blood, that makes me a PLASTIC fan in some

So born down south, live in Suffolk and of forgein blood, that makes me a PLASTIC fan in some "eyes"

That should have been

[quote user="clarkey1972"]Born and bred in Rotherham. My dad took me to see rotherham v norwich on the opening day of the 1981/2 season at millmoor. City scored after about a minute, i was hooked despite going on to lose 4-1 in the end. Went to my first home game in the return fixture, dad also took me to barnsley to see city that season as well as the final game away at sheff weds when we won promotion. Didnt get to many games for a while then (I was only 9 at the time) until i could drive, when i promptly bought a season ticket and probably only missed 5 games a season home and away between 1989 to 1995 when marriage and kids slowed it down for me. Still a regular home and away when time and funds allow, named my first son Iwan after Mr Roberts, am a shareholder and cant visit FCR without touching the family brick in the Jarrold! Rich[/quote]

I love this story! Totally obscure way of becoming a fan. And one that fills me with a little dread as i attempt the delicate task of creating a2canary out of my 5 year old. I think the time is coming soon when i need to take him to a game. But based on this story, if he first game is say, Norwich v QPR, he could end up being a QPR fan. In which case, he would need to start visiting adoption agencies.

I better make sure his first game isn''t against a team i can''t stand!

Hi I''ve supported Norwich since 1974 , growing up in Yorkshire this was a strange choice , not appreciated by anyone I knew who were mostly Leeds fans and especially when the first game I saw was on MOTD when we lost 0-1 to Bristol Rovers at Carrow Road , but it was the personality of then manager John Bond that got me hooked and here I am coming up to 40 years as a fan . I tend to go to a dozen or so games a year , mostly away up north , but I usually weigh in with a couple at Carra Rud .. My two boys are both Chelsea fans , I tried everything to get my youngest to follow the Yellow and Greens but eventually I realised it was futile , my other half is not a football fan , but was at CR to witness Simeon Jackson''s injury time winner vs Derby a couple of years ago and understands the passion I have for Norwich and loved the atmosphere at the ground . Supporting Norwich isn''t easy , we never just go out and win games easily , watching games is usually nerve wracking , so I''m hoping we can just put away a couple of wins to get safe and then enjoy the run in without any more stress ! OTBC

[quote user="Northern Yella"]Hi I''ve supported Norwich since 1974 , growing up in Yorkshire this was a strange choice , not appreciated by anyone I knew who were mostly Leeds fans [/quote]And Leeds were massive at that time they must have thought you were bonkers!!! Fair do''s though.[Y]

how many fans are not from Norwich but are from Norfolk

do they count as adopted canaries ?

In all seriouness, why don''t those not from Norwich not support a local team? I''m intrigued why anyone would want to support a club they have no tangible link to.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]In all seriouness, why don''t those not from Norwich not support a local team? I''m intrigued why anyone would want to support a club they have no tangible link to.[/quote]

In all seriousness, if Norwich only had fans who were born in/live in Norfolk, the club would be in League 2.

Plank.

In response to Mungo, I think almost uniquely, Norwich City is Norfolk''s club. I think people from all over this county see it as their local club.

But most of the contributors to this read are

a) from places no where near Norfolk

b) and mostly places/areas that offer a selection of local clubs large and small

So why Norwich?