Sign in to follow this  
unique

Sea Change at Colney?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

I don''t know how anyone can predict the next 4 home games through the ''form'' out our last 4??.....they are different games against different teams?

[/quote]

OMG common sense. Not sure this forum is ready for that!

[quote user="unique"]If flamboyance means offering more than ''0.8'' shots per game when you''re being dragged slowly into the relegation battle, then bring it on.......

Football isn''t all about finance. It''s also about getting the best out of the players you''ve got......and the less said about getting the best out of our midfielders and strikers this season, the better.

If we limp over the line then all well and good - mission accomplished, but plenty to improve upon and plenty to look forward to.....if we limp short of the line then it will be the meekest surrender in the history of the PL, and it needs a far more positive approach to avoid that.

The defence is better this season because much of the time we play with two defensive midfielders when available - Johnson and Tettey. The defence would have conceded fewer last season had Lambert chosen to play with two DM.

Play Johnson first-half, Tettey second-half, not both at the same time. Trust the defenders to do their job, and set up the rest of the positions with the onus on attack and taking the game to Swansea. Obtaining two wins from the last four home games is the priority, and the earlier the better.[/quote]

Unfortunately Unique the Premier League is ultimately all about finance and I personally believe it is absolutely ruining the game as a truly competitive pastime.

We got the best out of our team and players by staying up last year to do it again this was statistically and in reality very unlikely this year.

We haven''t played 2 defensive midfielders due to Tetteys injury for the past few games we have played Howson who clearly isn''t good enough.

Others shouted for 2 up front, 4,4,2 etc that hasn''t worked either. I would love us to play attacking football for the last 7 games and smack in loads of goals but in all likelihood with our current squad that isn''t going to happen.

As you say unique, we are ultimately ( hopefully) all Ncfc supporters who all want to stay up, we all are understandably and thankfully different in our views on how best to achieve this. I would, like you, love this to be by playing attacking and entertaining football, but where we do clearly differ is that with the players at our disposal there are differing ways of achieving this.

Lets hope we are both cheering 3points tomorrow.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]As long as he plays two up front v Swansea I don''t really see what he can do to change it, apart from telling Johnson to only shoot when he can get it on target ![/quote]Does that mean saying don''t shoot EVER? I think Johnson has been fantastic for us this season but he really hasn''t produced in the shooting department, he will probably score a worldy for the winner tomorrow now...

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Step up Neil Adams - your time has come.[/quote]

How about Hucks? He''s part of the set up now. His passion for the club could be thee yang tothe ying?

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="Barry Brockes"]Step up Neil Adams - your time has come.[/quote]

How about Hucks? He''s part of the set up now. His passion for the club could be thee yang tothe ying?[/quote]

Not sure he''d be much good in the heading department!

Is it the manager''s fault or the coach''s fault that our so-called professional footballers can''t hit a cow''s ar*e with a banjo?  Jeez!!