Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Damo's goal

Brilliantly hit, great credit to all the players who had caused the chaos in the box: Gary Holt play the head tennis first, then Ashton, then Fleming, then Damo, BANG! WHAT A GOAL!!!I think this goal should be on the goals action in the EPL preview show next week, it should be the goal of the week!!!One thing I was right about if Gary Holt played in the team, Damo can make more runs to midfield to shoot!

Why does Holt always have to get a special mention? He''s really not that good you know. Yes it was a fantastic strike by Francis, but it was not down to Holt by any means. I watched the whole 90 minutes on Football First and I, and everyone around me, agreed that Holt ran around like a headless chicken for the whole match and looked totally out of his depth. Safri please.

I thought the same as you at the start of the season alex-ncfc about holt , but since his injury we missed him more than i thought we would and in fact he does a lot of work that gets unnoticed and makes the team gel more in midfield imo. He may not be blessed with huge amounts of skill but he does stop the oppostion from playing.

Sorry but i disagree. At times i have been one of Holt''s critics too but he played well yesterday. Did his job well.. Breaking up opposotion attacks and playing simple balls to others to let them do the fancy work!

[quote]Why does Holt always have to get a special mention? He''s really not that good you know. Yes it was a fantastic strike by Francis, but it was not down to Holt by any means. I watched the whole 90 min...[/quote]

Sorry alex_ncfc about Gary Holt always get a special mention! Yeah he''s not the best skillful footballer I had seen I had to admit, and I also said after I saw Helveg performed in midfield, I must agree Holty''s passing was definitely not that good when compared with Helveg, but my point was, on defensively, Gary Holt was surely head and shoulders of Helveg, Mulyrne and Safri, that''s no doubt about it! We were always the team which were underpressure, so how important we needed a better defensive midfielder!!!

I though holt played well, he got stuck in as usual and passed the ball well, can''t remember him giving any stray passes. We missed him when he was injured, and he brings a lot of fighting spirit to the team, look at the everton game and the way the midfield played.

[quote]I''m still amazed at how much power he got on that shot, didn''t look like he got much time or chance to even swing his leg, great goal![/quote]

Hi John Boubepo, I think the velocity of the ball was so quick! Also look at Leon''s reaction, it would be hitting his chest and go wide of the goal but quick reaction to him too!

Glad to hear many people stick up for Holt, considering his injury he has made and impressive return and seems to be up to speed already, a real demonstration of his character, determination and fitness. I am aware of his weaknesses but i do think we have missed him. Even though Francis scored a vitally important goal I thought he was a bit patchy too but since he scored he is always going to be exempt from criticism. People who bash some of the players should realise that with the resources of NCFC we will have our weaknesses but the character they show is always beyond doubt and shouldn''t be underestimated.

I think the defence has had some stick over recent weeks, well people seem to forget the defence is not merely 5 players at the back but the whole team from front to back, if the midfield is playing badly they expose the defence and therefore the defence looks worse than it actually is. I reckon if played in the heart of the Chelsea defence even i would look half decent, put me in the Norwich defence and i would get run ragged!  

[quote]It was also the perfect cushion header from Flem to set it up. We must give credit for that.[/quote]

Yes, westoncanary, I think Flem''s cushion header was a great one to lay off Francis with a superb strike!!!