Sign in to follow this  
Parma Ham's gone mouldy

Hughton here for the long term

An outstanding post from the OP.

On another thread one poster has described NCFC as ''in trouble''. I can think of few times when the Club has been less in trouble. Superb management, great financial position, 4 points clear of trouble with a favourable run in. Things really ain''t that bad.

''in trouble'' was after the Colchester game when the Club barely had enough money to survive. Since then it has been an utter transformation and some of us don''t forget that after one defeat.

[quote user="Beefy is a legend"]An outstanding post from the OP.

On another thread one poster has described NCFC as ''in trouble''. I can think of few times when the Club has been less in trouble. Superb management, great financial position, 4 points clear of trouble with a favourable run in. Things really ain''t that bad.

''in trouble'' was after the Colchester game when the Club barely had enough money to survive. Since then it has been an utter transformation and some of us don''t forget that after one defeat.[/quote].

It''s been a fantastic ride over the last few years beefy, no fan could have asked for more, but things on the field have deteriorated this season and we need to sort it out if the transformation you describe is to continue!

Spending £10m on a world class striker is both an acknowledgment of the desire for playing development and an eye-watering statement of intent beyond anything Norwich fans have ever seen.

The club are acknowledging this area needs addressing and are also making a bold - and ambitious- statement that we are planning for success. Isn''t this all a combination of pragmatic immediate necessity (therefore transitional) and huge future intent (exciting)?

Isn''t it therefore evident that stability and pragmatism have llead to demonstrable ambition (and as a consequence the evolution of the playing style)?

What a strange post from the Norfolk Dumpling-lies about CH''s managerial style at Newcastle and Birmingham, then when given the facts by ABC, ignores them and instead "pretends" that ABC is talking about the present. Why would someone do that I wonder?

After we get relegated in a few weeks time, just see how many on here love him then.[:|]

[quote user="Wiz"]After we get relegated in a few weeks time, just see how many on here love him then.[:|][/quote]What happened to you not posting any more, did I miss something?

[quote user="Wiz"]After we get relegated in a few weeks time, just see how many on here love him then.[:|][/quote]we arent going to get relegated

A team has to be built over years rather then just chopping and changing when the fans get restless. People talk about the success in the early nineties, but Walker''s success was built from the foundations laid by Brown and Stringer. CH has brought good players in and with RVW next year he has already started well there. Life is always going to be a battle in the PL. OTBC!

Now if he''s a "world class Striker" then you explain to old Bor why he in''t even in the picture for the Holland subs bench.

Honestly, some of you lot would swallow paraffin if I told you it was lager.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Now if he''s a "world class Striker" then you explain to old Bor why he in''t even in the picture for the Holland subs bench.

[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote]

I''m sure it''s not paraffin that you promised to neck..

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote]

I''m sure it''s not paraffin that you promised to neck..

[/quote]

If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, I reckon they can make something out of you.

Great post OP and I think that many fans do understand what is going on, the revolution and evolution which can occur at the same time in my eyes...  Football is, however, by it''s very nature, emotive and causes even the best of us that to bemoan current form, individual performances and the quality of the tactics... Maybe some take a little longer to calm down?I was hugely disappointed with Camp and the goal he let in, I still am and believe he should of done better and at that point I was mortified with the result thinking the worst... However, take that moment out of the game and things look a little better. sure we didn''t get the point but the performance was solid and as you stated consistent, even if toothless.I am confident we will stay up somehow this year and I think you are spot on when you say that we bought the cheaper foundations this year, setting us up to build on in the summer, debt free and raring to go!

I''ve said before that I think the majority of players that Hughton inherited are totally at odds with the kind of player he wants in his squad. Not saying that they''re ''bad'' players or ''wrong'' but just not in the CH mould.If Norwich is going to progress even further as a club then we need stability and for Hughton to build his own squad which play in a similar way to one another and all gel as a team. I hope Hughton is a long-term manager for us.