Sign in to follow this  
Chunky!

Sky and BBC Teams of the Week

Just FYI, all who have been slagging off the Doc and Flembo!

Having not seen the match on Sat, or the highlights, I remain but a neutral in this great scheme of slagging players off. :-)

However, for the record, I''d prefer the explanation that it had more to do with our shape in midfield than the defenders themselves.

The Doc is in both sky''s and bbc''s team of the week, and Flembo is in sky''s team of the week.

OTBC!

Chunky

[quote]Just FYI, all who have been slagging off the Doc and Flembo! Having not seen the match on Sat, or the highlights, I remain but a neutral in this great scheme of slagging players off. :-) However, fo...[/quote]

You are right about the midfield giving the defence no cover whatsoever - however it does not and should not detract from the woeful performances that this pair put in on saturday.   Disorganised, out of position and unable to clear the lines when needed leding to Flem have another argument on the pitch with his partner - its simply unprofessional.  Flem was poor and DOc had his worst game in months.

I can only assume that these ''teams'' are put together on the basis of goal scoring or assists rather than a journalist actually watching a match - either that or every premier defender had a ''mare this weekend

That said it is always nice to see a city player being noticed, even if the recogniton is in error!

OTBC 

Hehehe, well maybe they did!

I know how hard it is, even at a local league level to play in defence with a dis-organised midfield. 4-3-3 in the prem probably isn''t the answer, we just don''t have the quality to make it work.

OTBC!

Chunky

Worthy also made the Soccernet team of the week as manager.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=324248&cc=5739

-