Sign in to follow this  
unique

Wes Hoolahan

Influential playmaker?.....don''t make me laugh.....more like a luxurious liability.

If Norwich end up in a relegation scrap, just what will he bring to the team?

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]The ability to make a killer pass to open up the opposition defence and the ability to score goals.[/quote]Haven''t seen that lately

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]The ability to make a killer pass to open up the opposition defence and the ability to score goals.[/quote]Given Hoolahan plays just behind the striker, I think his goal return this season has been disappointing.

Hoolahan was excellent under Lambert. But then we played with two up top and a diamond formation back in the good old days. These days things are very different.

Still, good to see another centre back on the score sheet today. It''s Hughton''s way for the time being.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]The ability to make a killer pass to open up the opposition defence and the ability to score goals.[/quote]Given Hoolahan plays just behind the striker, I think his goal return this season has been disappointing.[/quote]3 goals and 2 assists is below par.Last season, 4 goals and 7 assists.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]The ability to make a killer pass to open up the opposition defence and the ability to score goals.[/quote]Given Hoolahan plays just behind the striker, I think his goal return this season has been disappointing.[/quote]3 goals and 2 assists is below par.Last season, 4 goals and 7 assists.[/quote]Responsible for 5 goals this season and 11 last says it all.

Hasn''t been as good as he was last year but in my opinion still an important player. But for me the formation is to blame for his form and when we did play a 4-4-2 he was played on the left where he isn''t effective.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]3 goals and 2 assists is below par.Last season, 4 goals and 7 assists.[/quote]Wow, the assist count is well down.  I would hope he scored more goals as he plays further forward than last season. But he has never been prolific.  Like all the forward players, it is tougher to create and score in this defensive system.

Maybe the lack of movement around him was partly responsible. Kamara is very static waiting for the pass rather than moving to create space.

That second or two he looked for something to happen led to him being closed down.

I''m not saying wes is perfect but it''s not all his fault.

Lack of movement around Wes may well explain it, but he was slow in his ball processing today, and effectively closed down by Swans players with good legs and movement.

Too easily roughed off the ball, and Wes is nowhere as influential as last year, mainly due to more negative tactics.

His form has dipped, and our lack of goals is crying out for someone with a goalscoring touch like Becchio, if only we had signed someone like him in January to help us..