Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Keeper Crisis

With Ruddy not quite ready to come back and even if he was throwing him in the deep end without match practice may not be wise.Bunn may face a layoffRudd out on loan (can we recall?)That just leaves Camp who I have to say I have not been that impressed with and the boy steer.Nail biting

Camp has been poor, I''m not sure how Steer is in terms of readiness

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]Rudd and Steer could do the job given the chance I reckon.[/quote]

i agree.

When Camp came on as sub, a row of kids in front of us all flapped their wrists around in unison. I think they were making a point.Made me smile anyway.

I agree

While i think we will stay up on points, goal difference could be a factor and taking a 5-0 dicking at arsenal aint gona do us any favours.

Not sure how far off ruddy is but i might be tmpted to have him in if hes fit enough. Hell certainly have had some practice after 90 mins at the emirates.

Either groin or thigh injury when he kicked the ball. Seemed to be in real pain so it could mean more than few weeks off from the squad list.

Rumour has it Ruddy is playing on Monday ( I think ). Maybe if he comes through that ok he could face Arsenal ?

Reported by the Press Association as a groin injury. Would imagine he''ll be out for at least 2 weeks. I wonder how far Ruddy is away from match fitness?

according CH Ruddy was ready to play on Monday u21 league so if we badly need him I believe he easy can play also against Arsenal if is ready for Monday....

Camp wasnt bad today, think its a bit unfair to expect world class goal keeping from a guy who, lets face it none of us ( including Hoots and possibly even Camp himself) thought would actually make an apperance for us in first team competition.

Ruddy is perhaps the best player we have.  Should not be hurried back.  Much better to make sure his rehabilitation is complete before putting him back in.   Camp is fine, put Steer on the bench.   No problem.

He''s a keeper, if he''s physically fit to play in the development squad, he''s physically fit to face Arsenal if required. The question mark is more about sharpness and reactions after such a long layoff.

Bearing in mind the abuse heaped on Hughton for signing Bunn then Camp lets just imagine what the crisis would be like if he hadn''t done that.

Let us also be grateful Hughton knows more about football than all the idiots who attacked him for signing experienced back up keepers

Jt will depend how he does on Monday at Newcastle. Remi Matthews tweeted a week or so back that he was on fire in training, unbeatable.

So if he comes through on Monday, playing him at the Emirates might be a good way to get him to full first team sharpness ahead of key games.

Bassong looked nervous yesterday. I wonder if that is because the defence feel they have to give extra protection to Camp.

Personally I felt Camp did ok yesterday but having JR back would bring a whole new level of authority to the defence.

OTBC