Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

I think we can win at arsenal next week

Both those teams will lose tomorrow but we still won''t beat Arsenal and there''s no disgrace in that. The disappointing thing is that last season the manager, and because of the manager, both the players and supporters thought we might win. And we nearly did.

Jimmy Hill, Highland. Jimmy Hill.

I, and I suspect most City fans, were expecting a good kicking. We were on a poor run of form at the time and were not looking forward to this game.

In the end it turned out to be one of my favourite games, with an unexpected result.

Not going to happen, baring a minor miracle. We''ll go and try and defend for 90mins and they will have to much attacking threat for those kind of tactics.

I was just thinking the same as the OP. "It''s a funny old game" as someone much better at finding the onion bag once said, and Wenger''s cocky interview last night made me feel he''s too confident. They have to re-shuffle their back line following Mertesackers red, so Holt / Kamara can put the heebiegeebies on ''em. if we defend well the first 20 minutes or so (step up Bassong to return to form against his former "derby" rivals) to quieten their fans with Pilks in for Snoddy and Ruddy back between the sticks, it''s gonna be a great day.

Not that I''ll expect Hughton reflect such positivity.

OTBC

We won''t go with a positive attitude. The eventual margin of defeat is dependent on for how long we can keep them out. But for those of us who went to both Liverpool and Man U it''s simply the margin of defeat that we should be debating.

[quote user="technika"]i think city can win against anyone on their day

the problem is hughton will send them out to draw and they will get their @r5es handed to them

[/quote]

Nail on head

The happy clappers dont see it that way though.

If only Hughton decides to try and win next week.....we might

It''s quite possible we could get a win imo. Going back through history City have pulled wins out of the hat against big opponents just when we least expect it said Pink Un Role Model.

Exactly right.

This team is good enough for something daft to happen. It''s the time if year for crazy and unpredictable results.

Cambridge - if you''re one of us who travel to away games I don''t know how you can say that. We don''t have an attacking thought in the locker away from home. The one victory all season says all you need to know.

The OP has totally lost the plot imo, we''ll get stuffed badly at Arsenal.

Of course we''re likely to lose, but I think there is a glimmer of hope for this game if we can get some crosses into the box.

Arsenal looked very ropey defending crosses against West Brom and Meertesaker will be suspended against us and he''s their best central defender in the air. With Kei''s aerial ability we could give them some problems.