Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Lack of effort by Holt

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Of course it''s obvious why Holt is getting all the bashing as all of our other strikers have done so well -

Morison - sold, no confidence, no interest, no goal threat

Vaughan - loaned out to The Championship and not pulling up any trees either

Martin - loaned out to whoever will have, shocking attitude, nowhere near a Premier League player

Jackson - who?  Simeon Jackson remember him, Canadian International?  Nah?  Thought not

Becchio - Bought for circa £3m in Jan.  Played a couple of games, didn''t score, imho looked off the pace and nothing spectacular in the short time he played

Kamara - A couple of sub appearances and a great impact against Everton.  Starting games, he works hard, but to me does not look like an out and out striker and not a Premier League one and not a lone striker.  Has made mistakes and looks lost at times, although I am not saying that isn''t to be expected coming to a new league.  He hasn''t scored in any game he''s started.

Are all of our strikers now WELL below par and the standard required for the Premiership or has something else happened since last season?[:^)]

[/quote]Becchio was Morison plus 300K

Bloody Holt, had 10 minutes on the pitch and didnt get a hattrick.Sell him !!!Some of you lot really are a bunch of tw@ts post match.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Bloody Holt, had 10 minutes on the pitch and didnt get a hattrick.Sell him !!!Some of you lot really are a bunch of tw@ts post match.[/quote]So you think his attitude today was good, and he put maximum effort in?

He might as well not have bothered to come on today, looked like he was having a massive sulk. I suspect a breakdown in the relationship between manager and player.

Yes Morty I did. I''ve been to all our home league and cup games this season and all bar the two away games I mentioned, sadly missing our sole league victory.

I agree Holt was poor in the 10 mins he played.

I also agree he hasn''t done anything to endear himself to the manager.

So, as I said, I''d start with 2 of the 3 against Reading. Personally, I''d still pick Holt in front of Becchio but I also can understand why some might prefer the latter.

Played 10 mins could/maybe should of got sent off within 2, not the attitude you want or expect from your club captain.

Sorry to say, he has to go

In a 1 striker system, Becchio would be the worst option out of all of those available.

I''m interested to know why all of a sudden so many people seem to be hailing Becchio as the messiah?[:^)]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Yes Morty I did. I''ve been to all our home league and cup games this season and all bar the two away games I mentioned, sadly missing our sole league victory.

I agree Holt was poor in the 10 mins he played.

I also agree he hasn''t done anything to endear himself to the manager.

So, as I said, I''d start with 2 of the 3 against Reading. Personally, I''d still pick Holt in front of Becchio but I also can understand why some might prefer the latter.[/quote]So, based on your own analysis, what actual reason is behind your opinion that Holt should be picked?He was poor, and did nothing to endear.I''m not one of the hysterical types that calls for players heads just because he has the odd off game, but frankly its becoming harder and harder to pick Holt based on this seasons form. Not last seasons, or the season before, this season.I can excuse a lot of things, but just not putting the effort in is inexcusable.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Bloody Holt, had 10 minutes on the pitch and didnt get a hattrick.Sell him !!!Some of you lot really are a bunch of tw@ts post match.[/quote]So you think his attitude today was good, and he put maximum effort in?[/quote]I dont think he was really given much of a chance to make an impact. Holt normally gives us 110% think its a bit unfair to point fingers at him after only 10 mins on the pitch.Can we moan about Wes doing the Fifa spin every 5 mins and losing the ballOr Johnnie "Leeds play in white, oh shite i play in Yellow now" Howson who couldnt pass a ball to a Yellow shirt if his life depended on it today

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

In a 1 striker system, Becchio would be the worst option out of all of those available.

I''m interested to know why all of a sudden so many people seem to be hailing Becchio as the messiah?[:^)]

[/quote]1. Because they are idiots.2. Idiot rules dictate that any player not playing is amazing, and its a crime he''s not getting a game. See Fox for another example.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Bloody Holt, had 10 minutes on the pitch and didnt get a hattrick.Sell him !!!Some of you lot really are a bunch of tw@ts post match.[/quote]So you think his attitude today was good, and he put maximum effort in?[/quote]I dont think he was really given much of a chance to make an impact. Holt normally gives us 110% think its a bit unfair to point fingers at him after only 10 mins on the pitch.Can we moan about Wes doing the Fifa spin every 5 mins and losing the ballOr Johnnie "Leeds play in white, oh shite i play in Yellow now" Howson who couldnt pass a ball to a Yellow shirt if his life depended on it today[/quote]If I was in Holts position I would have run myself ragged to make the manager want to pick me top start the next game.I didn''t see no raggedy running from him.I agree, Howson was bobbins today.

If im honest the last 10 I was to desperate to really watch his performance. I think I was just watching the ball and trying to use the force to make it rocket into the Welsh goal :-/

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]If im honest the last 10 I was to desperate to really watch his performance. I think I was just watching the ball and trying to use the force to make it rocket into the Welsh goal :-/[/quote]Yeah you must have missed the massive influence our club captain had on the game.[;)]

[quote user="morty"]

I agree, Howson was bobbins today.
[/quote]

Like many he wasn''t at the races for the first 35 minutes but after that he was absolutely instrumental in us getting something out of the game.

But, as if the fashion, he won''t get the credit he deserves and instead will get far more criticism than he deserves.

Look, if we can forget the hysterics, we know Holt had a poor ten minutes.    He was probably too keyed up in his eagerness to have an effect.    Accusing him of not trying is ridiculous, more like trying too hard.   He is still a good goal scorer, has scored some good goals this season on a very limited supply of crosses.    Write him off if you like,  call him an embarrassment if you like,  but if he scores the winner against Reading and puts us well clear of the drop zone, what then?   And he is quite capable of it, we''ve seen it every season he''s been here, including this season.   The goal against Liverpool - clinical.  The goal against Swansea - clinical,  the winner against Everton - right place, right time.   The last two goals I mentioned from good crosses.  Something there has been a lack of.  Write off Holt?   Naaaa......I''d rather write off some of our fans.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="morty"]I agree, Howson was bobbins today.[/quote]

Like many he wasn''t at the races for the first 35 minutes but after that he was absolutely instrumental in us getting something out of the game.

But, as if the fashion, he won''t get the credit he deserves and instead will get far more criticism than he deserves.

[/quote]Howson is only on the pitch until Tettey is fully fit again.Instrumental? Seriously?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Bloody Holt, had 10 minutes on the pitch and didnt get a hattrick.Sell him !!!Some of you lot really are a bunch of tw@ts post match.[/quote]So you think his attitude today was good, and he put maximum effort in?[/quote]I dont think he was really given much of a chance to make an impact. Holt normally gives us 110% think its a bit unfair to point fingers at him after only 10 mins on the pitch.Can we moan about Wes doing the Fifa spin every 5 mins and losing the ballOr Johnnie "Leeds play in white, oh shite i play in Yellow now" Howson who couldnt pass a ball to a Yellow shirt if his life depended on it today[/quote]

If Steve Morison had done what Holt did today you wouldn''t have shut up about it for a week. He more often than not only played 10 minutes or so this season. Holt normally giving "110%" is not an excuse for his attitude on the pitch today. He spent most of his time standing in the middle of the pitch watching, when he wasn''t trying to get sent off or arguing with an official.

Hoolahan was diabolical today. Consistently caught in possession with no idea where the challenge was coming from, and his passing was bad.

Howson played his best game so far this season IMO. Drove well from midfield, and when his passes went astray it was more often than not because he was trying to create with a more difficult pass. I''d be interested to see the passing stats for today.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]LOL, so you missed him passing the ball to Welsh players time and again, or the time he just put a ball straight into the channel. The only occupants being 2 Welsh Defenders and 2 Welsh midfielders ?!?Bloke was fu**ing chronic today and I will normally defend him !!I guess poor old Beano will be slated all day because of "that cross" but people will also forget he bagged 2 assists today ! Him and Bradders & Rus Martin were our stand out players today.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Howson is only on the pitch until Tettey is fully fit again.

Instrumental? Seriously?
[/quote]

Maybe so but he did make a contribution to us getting out of the game. You can trust me on that.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Look, if we can forget the hysterics, we know Holt had a poor ten minutes.    He was probably too keyed up in his eagerness to have an effect.    Accusing him of not trying is ridiculous, more like trying too hard.   He is still a good goal scorer, has scored some good goals this season on a very limited supply of crosses.    Write him off if you like,  call him an embarrassment if you like,  but if he scores the winner against Reading and puts us well clear of the drop zone, what then?   And he is quite capable of it, we''ve seen it every season he''s been here, including this season.   The goal against Liverpool - clinical.  The goal against Swansea - clinical,  the winner against Everton - right place, right time.   The last two goals I mentioned from good crosses.  Something there has been a lack of.  Write off Holt?   Naaaa......I''d rather write off some of our fans.

[/quote]Knob.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]Howson is only on the pitch until Tettey is fully fit again.Instrumental? Seriously?[/quote]

Maybe so but he did make a contribution to us getting out of the game. You can trust me on that.

[/quote]You''re entitled to your opinion.My opinion is that he looks very one dimensional, and very out of his depth.He is not the right man playing in his position.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL, so you missed him passing the ball to Welsh players time and again, or the time he just put a ball straight into the channel. The only occupants being 2 Welsh Defenders and 2 Welsh midfielders ?!?
Bloke was fu**ing chronic today and I will normally defend him !!

I guess poor old Beano will be slated all day because of "that cross" but people will also forget he bagged 2 assists today ! Him and Bradders & Rus Martin were our stand out players today.
[/quote]

I was quite irritated by some of the criticism I heard for Benno messing up a couple of crosses because he played so very well.

I can appreciate that Howson did give the ball away cheaply but I can also appreciate that he did a lot of good stuff.

[quote user="morty"]

My opinion is that he looks very one dimensional, and very out of his depth.

[/quote]

What makes him one dimensional?

[quote user="QHcanary"]

If Steve Morison had done what Holt did today you wouldn''t have shut up about it for a week. He more often than not only played 10 minutes or so this season. Holt normally giving "110%" is not an excuse for his attitude on the pitch today. He spent most of his time standing in the middle of the pitch watching, when he wasn''t trying to get sent off or arguing with an official.

Hoolahan was diabolical today. Consistently caught in possession with no idea where the challenge was coming from, and his passing was bad.

Howson played his best game so far this season IMO. Drove well from midfield, and when his passes went astray it was more often than not because he was trying to create with a more difficult pass. I''d be interested to see the passing stats for today.[/quote]Old Holty put in more effort when he was sat on the bench than Morro did this entire season ;)Mail me some of whatever your smoking please or your dealer. That must be some serious shiznit !!!!

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="morty"]My opinion is that he looks very one dimensional, and very out of his depth.

[/quote]

What makes him one dimensional?

[/quote]He clearly has his mind on his preferred position of an attacking midfielder playing off a lone striker, and not on the role he was being asked to play, he gave the ball away cheaply, often when trying to push forward. He doesn''t have the positional awareness required, look at Bradley if you want to see how he should have been playing.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]LOL, so you missed him passing the ball to Welsh players time and again, or the time he just put a ball straight into the channel. The only occupants being 2 Welsh Defenders and 2 Welsh midfielders ?!?Bloke was fu**ing chronic today and I will normally defend him !!I guess poor old Beano will be slated all day because of "that cross" but people will also forget he bagged 2 assists today ! Him and Bradders & Rus Martin were our stand out players today.[/quote]

I was quite irritated by some of the criticism I heard for Benno messing up a couple of crosses because he played so very well.

I can appreciate that Howson did give the ball away cheaply but I can also appreciate that he did a lot of good stuff.

[/quote]I don''t think Bennet is consistently good enough, but he had one of his better games today.He still shanked a few of his crosses though, final delivery needs to be far better.

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]Howson and Johnson are very obviously playing on a leash. It showed when Johnson lost his temper and surged up to make a chance. Really feel that they are told to do a job and not push up.This effects Howson more as he is creative, would like to see him in Wes position as I think he would be more effective there.I like Howson and normally defend him, to say he had his best game today is laughable, infact I thought it was one of his worst in recent games ! He gave the ball away really cheaply on a number of occassions and looked out of his depth. A shame !

I said about Howson today twice. To the person next to me I said he was doing everything brilliantly until he passed the ball, some great runs but his passes just weren''t happening. I also think in the second half he gets a lot of credit for really upping his game, think the worst and near best of him were seen today.