Sign in to follow this  
MarchingOrders

Kamara

Erm, actually think he is better than good.

He does need to bulk up so he hold the ball up a bit better and fight of, and even maybe scare defenders more.

athletically hes quite good, technically hes a bit rubbish, sadly the rubbish outweighs the gooddonotwant

hes been average, nothing special, too clumsy and not worth spending money on, theres better alternatives.he played ok today, he actually looked better when he was out wide, sent a nice 6 yard pass down the line for bennett to cross in for the snodgrass goal, but theres no real reason for him to be starting ahead of holt and ive seen nothing which justifies him as a first choice player in the last 3 games

if he had scored the absolute sitter that he missed from 7 yars it would have been 3-1 and probably game over, swansea very shortly went up the other end and equalised .he failed at the most important moment

For £1.5M I think he''s not a bad buy, but I''m not sure he''s exactly what we need. Another player who has done OK, but hasn''t exactly set the world alight. But then with the service Holt and Morrison were getting earlier in the season, we could make Messi look shit...

seems like good value, but we are no longer shopping bargain basement, maybe we should fill the squad places with a bit more quality.

1.5M to a championship club would be a steal, would get 15+ i reckon.

I think a front three of Kamara, Holt and Snodgrass would work really well, and play to Kamara''s main attribute, which is obviously pace. Would also hopefully offer us more in the box, as when play is down the right there would be the left attacker and Holt in the box, and vice versa.

If the £1.5m fee is correct I say sign him. A full pre seasons training will do him the world of good.

Id like to see him play as a front 3, out wide on the left or right with RVW up from with either Snoddy on the other side or another new signing...

Needs to improve his hold up play with his back to goal, particularly with the ball at his feet.  Would benefit from a strike partner to lighten the load, but needs must.  Off the ball movement is good, decision making is good, clearly has the right character and doesn''t lack confidence which is also a positive.  Awareness of defender''s positions could be better but can be learned.

to the point of Kamara before holt, I''d have becchio before holt too, atm.

the fact that he is acting out because he isn''t starting (incredibly bad tackles when he is brought on.) is not something that should be happening from a person who was our longstanding CAPTAIN a few weeks ago.

pecking order for me right now is Kamara > Becchio > holt. he needs an attitude adjustment.

Kamara was a class act today. Gave his all. When the momentum was with us he got the crowd going. Not only a great player but a fan favourite. Sign him up!

I thought Kamara done alright today.  Yep he''s not the best technically, but he''s clearly putting in a lot of effort and looked pretty nackered in the last 10.  The messiah came on for the last 10, threw is weight around a little, strutted like he owned the place and picked up a booking for his trouble.

I would''ve started Holt today, he would''ve scored the tap in for sure, but I''m not sure he would''ve made it into the position.  Holt is and has looked a little off the pace for a while now.  I think I would''ve probably started Becchio too in place of Wes.  Wes was very poor today IMO, and after last week, and the lack of creativity he probably didn;t deserve to keep his place.

I''m not 100% sure if KK is Premier league quality.  It depends what other targets we have and who we can secure.  If RVW is a taste of things to come, then I probably wouldn''t sign KK, as he''s unlikely to start and, under Hughton''s management, will probably disappear.

I think Kamara did well today. The cross that he did not convert, came actually half a second late, and the Swansea defender could intervene. Imho Holt was lucky not to get sent off after his first tackle.

Kamara played a huge part in both goals today, for the first when he just ran at the swansea defence, they were clueless about what to do and then played a great pass through to Bennett for the cross. Winning the foul for the second too shows what a great job he did, not to mention winning basically everything.

It''s difficult to say why he doesn''t run directly at players more, may just be because of being a player on loan in a big league and not wanting to take risks, or fitness. But if he did run at players a little more that would be great

Kamara was trying to do both the supporting and attacking role today, we would of been better off playing another striker rather than Hoolahan.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Just seen the chance again on MOTD.  That was a sitter and Kamara should''ve scored that. [/quote]

Though Snodgrass didn''t release the ball quite soon enough. They were both too slow to play their parts.

Kei is great in the air and he might be a threat running at people but he doesn''t quite look like he knows what to do when he''s got the ball at his feet.

[quote user="jed exodous"]Just seen the chance again on MOTD.  That was a sitter and Kamara should''ve scored that. [/quote]

He wasn''t helped by a delayed cross but at the same time he was a big ponderous as the ball came in. Had he attacked the cross instead of waiting for it he may have tucked it away.

He was involved in both goals, so for that he gets a thumbs up from me. Had that been Holt people would have been talking about his overall contribution to the team. As it is kamara''s attitude and effort look head and shoulders above the captain''s, even if he''s found wanting slightly at times.

Kamara linked up well with Benno on the right flank for the opening goal and won the free-kick for the 2nd. But when it came to playing the striker role he was often found wanting. His link-up play with Wes was poor compared to the rapport Holt has with Hoolahan. As a result, the midfield found it very hard to get up the pitch, with the ball coming back all the time.As for goals, he won''t have an easier chance than that tap-in. He appeared to be day-dreaming.

I think it''s pathetic that some people are concluding that KK is not PL standard based solely on the poor miss today. Can any of you berks show me a striker from a comparable team that hasn''t missed a sitter or two in his time? Honestly? Really!!? I know Holt has missed easy-looking chances. I recall Shearer missing an open goal from single-digit yards out the when we beat them at Carrow Road a few years back (remember Ashton''s late winner?). How about Torres'' miss against whoever-it-was last season? I''ve seen Drogba and C Ronaldo miss apparent sitters. Hell, I bet even Messi has mis-cued on the odd occasion.

For what it''s worth, I was impressed by KK today. How many times did you see him robbed of possession compared to most of his team mates? It happened once or twice but I was struck by how composed he was on the ball compared to several others in yellow today. He also popped up in our penalty box doing his bit in defense many times.

He tired noticeably towards the end, but I thought his overall contribution was excellent and his technique was very decent.

Bearing in mind time-on-the pitch ratios, which of our strikers has done better than KK so far this season? His introduction made a discernible impact at Fulham, his header at Everton showed tremendous technique, and he would have had a goal at Sunderland too had Shorty not been stood right on the line. One mistake and he''s pants? NO! How many other sitters has he missed in his short stint here?

I am certainly confident he will score again before the end of the season. He will probably provide an assist or two as well.

Oops; my apologies for the American spelling of ''defence''. Dunno if that was me or the auto-correct.

It is still early days. He is still adapting to his new team mates and indeed English football. Whilst he hasnot got a clatter of goals he is doing enough to suggest he is worthy of a contract given the modest transferfee being talked about. I would see him as second strikerto RVW or coming off the bench to give options next season. I feat Holt will be off which given his lack of form, poor fitness and recent poor attitude willprobably mean  his departure is inevitable