Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

We will stay up but we must sack Houghton at the end of the season

Tin hat at the ready but i feel we must get rid of Houghton at the end of the season.

Nice bloke and all that but the wrong man to take the club forward,far to negative in his approach to the game and if he continues at the helm it will end in tears.

The crowd havent bought in to him atall and iu dont believe the squad have either so at the end of the season lets say thanks for keeping us up Chris but we have to move on now goodbye.

Martin Oneil anybody????

I think you, and many others, are getting a bit too big for your boots. Just remember we are 13th. Where should we be? 6th, 7th, 10th? Are you telling me, with the quality of players we have-specifically upfront-that you would be unhappy with 13th with 6 to go at the start of the season? Try and see the bigger picture friend and get off your high horse...the season is about survival, and that''s what we are going to get.

Yep - lets get Martin O''Neill because he did such a brilliant job at Sunderland this year didn''t he.......................................

[quote user="jim blair"]

Tin hat at the ready but i feel we must get rid of Houghton at the end of the season.

Nice bloke and all that but the wrong man to take the club forward,far to negative in his approach to the game and if he continues at the helm it will end in tears.

The crowd havent bought in to him atall and iu dont believe the squad have either so at the end of the season lets say thanks for keeping us up Chris but we have to move on now goodbye.

Martin Oneil anybody????

[/quote]

couldnt agree more....as I said on another thread, the manager of this club next season will have easily the most money at his disposal that any has had before.....is Hughton really the best out there to give it to??

not sure about O''Neill though?.......wouldnt give him the opportunity to walk out on us for a 4th time.

remember last summer our board of directors stating that they would be scouring the top Europan leagues for a manager with top level experience?....I''m still waiting

Have to agree completely. Houghton has done b**ger all for us this season, and we all need to forget him, and get behind Hughton next season. It''s no coincidence that all the players mentioned as POTS are Hughton players, and with RVW as a sign of his intent, we would be foolish not to give him our support.

But that Houghton... complete waste of space!

It''s Hughton for God''s sake.

Anyway I feel he is buliding a squad and is only halfway there. Give him time to finish.

If come next season, with his own squad, the same dirge is still being produced then yes start looking for someone new.

We are roughly in a position we would''ve expected to be at the start of the season and its only our performances that have been poor. Hughton clearly knows a great player so I trust his judgement on signing high quality players that will improve the team and get performances up. There''s no manager available that I''d rather have.

[quote user="gorlestongirl"]Have to agree completely. Houghton has done b**ger all for us this season, and we all need to forget him, and get behind Hughton next season. It''s no coincidence that all the players mentioned as POTS are Hughton players, and with RVW as a sign of his intent, we would be foolish not to give him our support.

But that Houghton... complete waste of space![/quote]

chuckle

[quote user="Captain Jack Sparrow"]Hughton has to go now, delay, and it will be too late.[/quote]who do you want in? And where did you expect to be in the league at the beginning of the season?

I''m going to bite on this.    Any supporter that thinks we should get another manager is completely wrong.    What''s the matter with you?   I know football is about opinions, but you people really ought to get a life or try a different sport or something.This attitude of some fans is beginning to wear a bit thin.   Nothing is good enough for you.   If you read this board at the moment, apparently Holt, the club captain, is an embarrassment and you get abuse if you question that.  And apparently  Hughton isn''t up to the job, despite the  good players he has brought in and the acceptable results, despite the difficulties we have had.We have this season had a new manager, who needed time to learn about the squad (time which a lot of you then weren''t prepared to give him). We have lost our two main goalkeepers.     New players to bed in,  older players to adapt to a more balanced way of playing football.   Yet we are still on course to stay in a league against clubs who have been able to spend a lot more than us to do it.Quite frankly I think its disgraceful that there are these noises coming from some quarters.  I do wonder if there''s more behind this "not taking to Hughton"  atttude.     The clothes he wears?  The way he talks?   Tthe fact that he speaks the truth?   Dare I say it, his racial background?    

Its a results driven profession, so they say.   Results say we are on course and given time the manager will make a side that is potent at the front, in midfield and at the back.    Next season is the time to judge him.

Haven''t taken to him?   That''s more a reflection of you than it is of him.I said yesterday that I would rather get rid of some fans than Hughton and Holt and sadly, that''s how I feel.   Some of you just have not got a clue.

Who the fukk do you think your preaching to about getting rid of fans.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m going to bite on this.   

Any supporter that thinks we should get another manager is completely wrong.   

What''s the matter with you?  

I know football is about opinions, but you people really ought to get a life or try a different sport or something.

This attitude of some fans is beginning to wear a bit thin.   Nothing is good enough for you.   If you read this board at the moment, apparently Holt, the club captain, is an embarrassment and you get abuse if you question that.  And apparently  Hughton isn''t up to the job, despite the  good players he has brought in and the acceptable results, despite the difficulties we have had.

We have this season had a new manager, who needed time to learn about the squad (time which a lot of you then weren''t prepared to give him). We have lost our two main goalkeepers.     New players to bed in,  older players to adapt to a more balanced way of playing football.   Yet we are still on course to stay in a league against clubs who have been able to spend a lot more than us to do it.

Quite frankly I think its disgraceful that there are these noises coming from some quarters.  I do wonder if there''s more behind this "not taking to Hughton"  atttude.     The clothes he wears?  The way he talks?   Tthe fact that he speaks the truth?   Dare I say it, his racial background?    

Its a results driven profession, so they say.   Results say we are on course and given time the manager will make a side that is potent at the front, in midfield and at the back.    Next season is the time to judge him.

Haven''t taken to him?   That''s more a reflection of you than it is of him.

I said yesterday that I would rather get rid of some fans than Hughton and Holt and sadly, that''s how I feel.  

Some of you just have not got a clue.

[/quote]

Who the hell do you think you are LDC? to suggest anyone opposed to Hughton is a racist................grow the fck up!

[quote user="Vanwink"]Who the fukk do you think your preaching to about getting rid of fans.[/quote]

LDC makes a fair point...all some fans want to do is see the club fail so they have something to moan about.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m going to bite on this.   

Any supporter that thinks we should get another manager is completely wrong.   

What''s the matter with you?  

I know football is about opinions, but you people really ought to get a life or try a different sport or something.

This attitude of some fans is beginning to wear a bit thin.   Nothing is good enough for you.   If you read this board at the moment, apparently Holt, the club captain, is an embarrassment and you get abuse if you question that.  And apparently  Hughton isn''t up to the job, despite the  good players he has brought in and the acceptable results, despite the difficulties we have had.

We have this season had a new manager, who needed time to learn about the squad (time which a lot of you then weren''t prepared to give him). We have lost our two main goalkeepers.     New players to bed in,  older players to adapt to a more balanced way of playing football.   Yet we are still on course to stay in a league against clubs who have been able to spend a lot more than us to do it.

Quite frankly I think its disgraceful that there are these noises coming from some quarters.  I do wonder if there''s more behind this "not taking to Hughton"  atttude.     The clothes he wears?  The way he talks?   Tthe fact that he speaks the truth?   Dare I say it, his racial background?    

Haven''t taken to him?   That''s more a reflection of you than it is of him.

I said yesterday that I would rather get rid of some fans than Hughton and Holt and sadly, that''s how I feel.  

Some of you just have not got a clue.

[/quote]

that''s a fairly disgraceful comment...and nobody other than yourself has brought that up until now?

My gripe is that I''m driving up to Wigan and watching him set a side up to have one chance on goal against a side that hadn''t kept a clean sheet at home all season.......and unfortunately that''s the norm not the exception for away games....and for increasingly more home games too.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m going to bite on this.    Any supporter that thinks we should get another manager is completely wrong.  What''s the matter with you? I know football is about opinions, but you people really ought to get a life or try a different sport or something. This attitude of some fans is beginning to wear a bit thin.   Nothing is good enough for you.   If you read this board at the moment, apparently Holt, the club captain, is an embarrassment and you get abuse if you question that.  And apparently  Hughton isn''t up to the job, despite the  good players he has brought in and the acceptable results, despite the difficulties we have had. We have this season had a new manager, who needed time to learn about the squad (time which a lot of you then weren''t prepared to give him). We have lost our two main goalkeepers.     New players to bed in,  older players to adapt to a more balanced way of playing football.   Yet we are still on course to stay in a league against clubs who have been able to spend a lot more than us to do it. Quite frankly I think its disgraceful that there are these noises coming from some quarters.  I do wonder if there''s more behind this "not taking to Hughton"  atttude.     The clothes he wears?  The way he talks?   Tthe fact that he speaks the truth?   Dare I say it, his racial background?     Its a results driven profession, so they say.   Results say we are on course and given time the manager will make a side that is potent at the front, in midfield and at the back.    Next season is the time to judge him. Haven''t taken to him?   That''s more a reflection of you than it is of him. I said yesterday that I would rather get rid of some fans than Hughton and Holt and sadly, that''s how I feel.   Some of you just have not got a clue.

[/quote]

Who the hell do you think you are LDC? to suggest anyone opposed to Hughton is a racist................grow the fck up![/quote]

Wiz, I didn''t suggest it merely asked the question.    As for growing up, there are plenty on here that need to do that.  As for losing some fans, VW, well, I wouldn''t miss some of the moaners that appear on here.  We must be a laughing stock amongst other clubs'' fans'' when they read some of the guff on here.

Thats it - The racial card has now been played.

For me that that exposes LDC''s mindset.

I may be wrong but many shouting loudest for Hughton are not attending games. Watching on stream is not a good media to form strong opinions.

I also do not like the aggressive language in response to genuine and measured criticism of Hughton and his coaching staff.

I admit I have a built in bias against Calderwood and Trollope. Both failed managers and unproven coaches.

I have always though we would sneak through and stay up. I''m not sure now and after listening to our Manager explaining the performance to Chris Goreham it does not encourage me. Apparently he hasn''t got the players to play the way he has set up.

At least reading between the lines that''s what he inferred

Why on this forum when someone dares to criticise Hughton do they have to come in for a load of abuse? Even when the post is sensible.

I totally agree with the OP. I know people just point at the league table and say Hughton has done a brilliant job, but look at our last 14 or 15 matches. 1 win ( A game we did not deserve to win), a handful of goals, bottom of the form table, unwatchable, negative football throughout.

If Hughton came on the radio after the game and said that he understood it was negative right now, but he''s just trying to keep us in the league this season, strengthen over the summer and change the style next season a bit, then I, and a lot of other fans, would be more tolerant. However, he does not do this!

Even Hughton''s biggest fan would have said the WIgan game was very poor. Yet all we get is him saying how we were unlucky to lose. We didn''t have a single shot on target against a side who hadn''t kept a clean sheet at home all season. How,as a fans, can this not irritate you? This is how you know he will not change his philosophy.

We will draw a lot of home games and lose the majority of our away games. How can his strategy do anything different.

Martin O''Neill might be a good call. He didn''t do that well at Sunderland, but atleast he would get us playing better football and how can the results get worse?

I don''t in reality see any chance the board will get rid of him. If we staye up this year, but don''t win another game do you all want him as your manager. That would be 1 win 22 or so? You want to persist with this? Fair enough if you do, because his task was to keep us in the league and if he does then technically the season has been a success. For me, long term he is going to lead us into the Championship...back to where he seems to believe "Little Old Norwich" deserve to be.

Get a coach who''s tactically minded to give him advice and to help Hughton out and then I think we''re on to a winner.

It''s funny because when McNally approached Hughton he probably said something along the lines of "Your job is to keep us up this season in any way possible".

You have suggested in your title that he will do this. McNally and Co will be happy. We can invest in attacking talent - Hughton can relax a bit and this can hopefully reflect on the team too.

It''s so funny seeing all these Hughton out posts because it enables me to create a list of people who know Fuck all about football and don''t remember anything or anyone other than Lambert.

We can not have a manager who does not know how to motivate players, has no plan B, and is afraid to make subs.

Look, I shouldn''t have to say it, but you are entitled to your opinions and I am entitled to mine.     Criticism and discussion is fine.   The "Hughton out"  brigade of which there are quite a few, do not care about the club or what it is trying to do and therefore just do not take to discussion.   I would rather they stopped supporting and took up gardening or take out their wife, mother or whatever on a Saturday afternoon.Hughton wants to play in a certain way, that''s why he was appointed.   But he needs the players to be able to play the way he wants.   That much should be obvious to even the most unthinking of football fan.   There is a lot that is good about our football, but often its the timing of the final ball that is the problem.   

Building a team for the future and being stronger than just a team that is relegation cannon fodder every season.    We''ve been up there before, we can be up there again.   But its going to need time and patience and the fans that don''t have the stomach for it should jump ship now.  To a lot of us Hughton is the man to do it - as long as he is not driven away by a sea of negativity begore he gets a chance.Its been said a thousand times - judge him next season when he will have had more time to get things how he wants. 

Who the f*ck is Houghton anyway?

I remember the 1980''s Coventry centreforward Houghton who scored for them when they beat Spurs in the 1987 FA cup final!

Sacking Hughton yes its spelt HUGHTON, at the end of the season even if he keeps us up would be suicidal particularly since hes not had a full pre season to work with and has been working under tight financial constraints!

The Paul Lambert 3 season era was a rare era for the club its certainly not the norm. We were always going to have a season or to where the momentum stopped and it became all about stability and keeping up in the top flight. Fulham and Stoke, who I think money aside are smaller clubs than us have established themselves in the top flight long term and in that time have had less than fluent seasons. Its all part of the process of smaller well run clubs trying to build up a slid Premiership base!

Mcnally knows this, so does, Hughton knows this, our last manager knows this and the sensibke supporters amongst us know this as well!

I don''t like the negative approach as much as anyone else but if it keeps us up then I''ll look at the big picture. Anyway Hughton will sign better attacking players next season and hes already started this!