Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

I think we will go down!

[quote user="lappinitup"]The sad thing is that many of the doom merchants really do want us to be relegated just to be proved right.Sad people...[/quote]Yes. But that cuts both ways, lapps. There are some posters on here who have shouted down and derided anyone expressing perfectly legitimate concern about our prospects, and in part they have been doing it so they can says "I told you so" at the end of the season if we stay up. Strangely, one or two of the worst culprits have gone missing from threads on this topic in the last couple of weeks.

I suppose that our chances are very slightly more difficult now, since Villa won at Stoke. If we  lose at the Enirates, surely a likely event, then we could be only one point above the relegation zone next week-end.

I think that nevertheless I am a little more hopeful. There was no way I could see us beating Swansea, and I thought that with their attack we could even have lost by at least two goals. In the event, their profligacy gave us a point. I was encouragd by our attacking performance after we went into the lead. Their defence was rattled at times, and desperate. In the end it was another defensive weakness which helped them draw level.

So the mini performance persuades me that it is partly a matter of confidence. If we can find that again I believe that we can find the win we need. I don''t expect that to happen against Arsenal, but it could be against Reading. We have not lost ability, we ave not forgotten how to score, but somehow we have lost confidence from a run of fairly average results, even if there were no defeats. We have not lost player commitment. They wanted a win.

I was encouraged by the growing confidence of Benno, who eventually got his crossing working, and he created both goals. I hope that the problem which reduced him to almost walking pace late on will not prove serious, and that he secures a regular place. I hope that Pilks returns fired up and ready to go, and that Ruddy is at his best when he comes back.

Above all, I hope that CH somehow manages to instil some confidence, and that however they managed to get more in the final third, they continue to do. The former is the more important, whomever he selects for future games.

Ah Nutty you naughty person you! You sound just like Mrs BY. I ignore her .... of course but you Nutty, well I might have to consider it.

Ok have considered it - nah will still drink in moderation of course and rant a lot about my club that has had family support for over 100 years.

Sunderland losing so look out Mrs BY I have a rare smile on my face!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I''m not trying to purposefully provoke an angry response. I was hammered on here a few weeks ago for predicting our relegation. However, surely I cannot receive the same hammering again after our recent form and results. I genuinely think we will go down [/quote]

Then stopping posting the same negative drivel and get you mortgage on at 12-1. The price is a gift to anyone with your opinion and it also reveals why very few people share your views.

[/quote]

be lucky to get half those odds now with newcastle winning and wigan playing 10 men

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Ah Nutty you naughty person you! You sound just like Mrs BY. I ignore her .... of course but you Nutty, well I might have to consider it. Ok have considered it - nah will still drink in moderation of course and rant a lot about my club that has had family support for over 100 years. Sunderland losing so look out Mrs BY I have a rare smile on my face![/quote]

Top man Bury.

Question for ya...

How many of those "for over 100 years" have we been 14th or better in the top division[:^)]

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I''m not trying to purposefully provoke an angry response. I was hammered on here a few weeks ago for predicting our relegation. However, surely I cannot receive the same hammering again after our recent form and results. I genuinely think we will go down [/quote]

Then stopping posting the same negative drivel and get you mortgage on at 12-1. The price is a gift to anyone with your opinion and it also reveals why very few people share your views.

[/quote]

be lucky to get half those odds now with newcastle winning and wigan playing 10 men

[/quote]

It''s not Rickyyyyyyyy''s fault you were slow out of the gates...

[sn]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[sn]

[/quote]

I wasnt slow, I got 16/1

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[sn]

[/quote]

I wasnt slow, I got 16/1

[/quote]

Hope you don''t stand to lose too much......

no actually...

I don''t!

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="city4eva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[sn]

[/quote]

I wasnt slow, I got 16/1

[/quote]Money chucked away on long shot.[;)]

Sorry if I sound a bit out of touch, but is it actually morally okay to bet on the team you ''support'' being relegated? If so, what is the modern definition of a supporter?

[quote user="gorlestongirl"]Sorry if I sound a bit out of touch, but is it actually morally okay to bet on the team you ''support'' being relegated? If so, what is the modern definition of a supporter?[/quote]Good point well made.Personally not something I''d do myself.

[quote user="gorlestongirl"]Sorry if I sound a bit out of touch, but is it actually morally okay to bet on the team you ''support'' being relegated? If so, what is the modern definition of a supporter?[/quote]

Ahhh but you don''t have to be a supporter to post on here. Being a supporter entails doing something positive to support the club. I get in trouble on here every few months for making a distinction between supporters and fans. But you have summed it up nicely[Y]

[quote user="gorlestongirl"]Sorry if I sound a bit out of touch, but is it actually morally okay to bet on the team you ''support'' being relegated? If so, what is the modern definition of a supporter?[/quote]Never allow sentiment to affect your better judgement.If you think we will go down and the price is value then by all means get on. I don''t see where it is disloyal as your bet has no bearing on the actual outcome. Personally I don''t see 12-1 as value. True odds IMO are about 22-1.

''Never allow sentiment to affect your better judgement.''

I wasn''t really thinking about sentiment. I was thinking about the ethics of support. I cannot square betting on something, where I might gain from an event, which will be very detrimental to something or someone I am very attached to. It doesn''t make moral sense.

I really think we''ll be ok it hasn''t been pretty the last couple of months and we haven''t been playing well but if you look at the remaining fixtures for Us, Wigan, Sunderland, Villa and Stoke i still think we''ve got a great chance and a lot of us have to play each other!!

Norwich: Arsenal (a)

Reading (h)

Stoke (a)

West Brom (h)

Villa (h)

Man C (a)

Wigan: Man C (a)

WH (a)

Tottenham (h)

West Brom (a)

Swansea (h)

Arsenal (a)

Villa (h)

Villa: Fulham (h)

Man U (a)

Sunderland (h)

Norwich (a)

Chelsea (h)

Wigan (a)

Sunderland: Newcastle (a)

Everton (h)

Villa (a)

Stoke (h)

Southampton (h)

Tottenham (a)

Stoke: Man U (a)

QPR (a)

Norwich (h)

Sunderland (a)

Tottenham (h)

Southampton (a)

If Wigan lose their game in hand they will still be 4 points behind us i really can''t see them catching that up and add to that with their remaining fixtures!

I honestly think Stoke have the harder run in out of everyone! Time will tell and there''s a lot of games to play but i''m confident.

Amazing, we are very shakey and look like a team low on confidence, Wigan have been there, done it and will stay up again.

Personally, I never bet on, or against Norwich. I like betting on sport. I do it regularly. In order to do is sucessfully, it''s important to do so without emotion attached.If I take a 5quid weekend accumulator, I''ll exclude the Norwich game. Always bet with your head, never your heart.In regards to the market, Ladbrooks are not taking bets on Reading, and have QPR at 1/500 (effectively not taking bets). Take those 2 out, they put Norwich on the 5th line of betting at 12/1. I''m with Ricardo. With 4 in-front in the betting, 12/1 is horrible value, and probably means that bookmakers are holding quite a few bets on this result.Probably from Norwich fans thinking with their heart and not their head......

If we carry on in this ''shakey'' way we will get another 6 points.

For us to be relegated,the clubs between us and QPR will have to get :

Stoke 7

Villa 8

S''land 10

Wigan 10.

And that''s to equal our total, and beat our goal difference. As others have said, all teams have to play some of the others, which makes it even more unlikely that ALL of them will catch us.

So all we have to do is to carry on with our current shakey form.

Another six points? A serious case of complacency! Have you seen us play recently?

"Vanwink" Amazing, we are very shakey and look like a team low on confidence, Wigan have been there, done it and will stay up again.

They looked more fed up with wanky fans than low on confidence.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Another six points? A serious case of complacency! Have you seen us play recently?[/quote]

Yes; all home games and a good number of away games. I was simply tracking back 6 games, adding up the points. Seems a reasonable thing to do.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Another six points? A serious case of complacency! Have you seen us play recently?[/quote]

Yes, and averaging close on a point a game during our bad run. Nothing exceptional required to get to 40 points.Less than 5 points from our remaining fixtures would represent a decline in form.Nothing is impossible but it looks unlikely and that''s why the bookies make us 1-25 to stay up.

[quote user="Herman "]"Vanwink" Amazing, we are very shakey and look like a team low on confidence, Wigan have been there, done it and will stay up again.

They looked more fed up with wanky fans than low on confidence.[/quote]However they we unable to beat 10 men, are embroiled in the cup and have a fixture pile up and a small squad. The only thing going for them is they''ve done it before but you don''t stay up on last years results.

[quote user="gorlestongirl"][quote user="Vanwink"]Another six points? A serious case of complacency! Have you seen us play recently?[/quote]

Yes; all home games and a good number of away games. I was simply tracking back 6 games, adding up the points. Seems a reasonable thing to do.[/quote]http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2012-2013/form-table/fullVanWiz - Have you seen Stoke or Sunderland play recently?

[quote user="Vanwink"]I sincerely hope your right Ricardo[/quote]Looking at our last 10 games where you rightly say our form has been poor:We have gained 4 points on Stoke and 3 on Sunderland.Wigan and Villa have gained 3 points on us. While West Ham have gained 1 point on us.Fulham, Newcastle and Southampton have been the only big gainers, by 5,6,7 respectively.Failure to beat Reading may be crucial but still far too much water to flow under Trowse bridge before any need to panic.[:D]

Does anyone else forsee the ultimate nightmare scenario, even worse than Lambert beating us at Carrow Rd with Villa?

it''s between us and Wigan to go down on the last day....we''ve got Man City away, Wigan are at home to an already safe Villa.......how many think we could rely on Lambert helping us?!?  no,me neither......could be his final parting shot

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Does anyone else forsee the ultimate nightmare scenario, even worse than Lambert beating us at Carrow Rd with Villa?

it''s between us and Wigan to go down on the last day....we''ve got Man City away, Wigan are at home to an already safe Villa.......how many think we could rely on Lambert helping us?!?  no,me neither......could be his final parting shot

[/quote]

It takes a lot of creativity to take negativity to such an extreme. Bravo.